Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kirpet

Anxious Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:41 pm
Weight: 200lb I think?? =o
Desired weight: Umm 170 would be nice.
Hieght: 5"4'
Watching : Kenan & Kel
Listening: Michael Buble <333
Reading: Between the Bridge and the River By: Craig Ferguson
Wearing: R.E.M band/tour shirt and twinky PJ pants. xD

Hello to all! :]
Name's Kirpet, or Kp, or Kirsten which ever is fine.
I'm 19 going on 20 this year, garwsh I feel old, but right now I'm living with my grandparents, as I have been for the past couple months.
[[It's a whole complicated story as to how I wound up here.. -.-" I'll spare y'all the details, lol. Feel free to ask though, if for some reason you're curious. xP]] So as you may have guessed I have graduated from HS, only last year, and well I had plans but they're all askwed now and living with my grandparents totally blows... My grandma is what like a some where around 350lbs I think?? And my grandpa just shoves his face full of crap. Mind you they're both diabetics, and my grandpa bitches how he's got to take his shot every night. I'm like wtf?! If you hate it so much then stop eating so much crap! But of course I don't say it to his face, my family isn't a very happy friendly family. When he was raising my mom and aunt he was a abusive drunk, and the temper comes and goes now. My grandma wallows in self pitty, and wont talk about her problems, instead she eats or drinks... And slowly but surely I'm getting to the point that when s**t gets hard I poor me a rum an' coke, or two, and sit down with some chips and watch the tele.. Gawd this is getting long, sorry, lmao. I'll cut it short from here on out. xD

Whenever I go up to Tally to see my friends we all ways talk about how we're going to get into shape we get all excited about it and draw up plans and all that fun junk. But once I get back down here it never happens, I just go back to sittin' infront of my labtop and tv drinking my rum an' coke.. I have the equipment to get in shape, I've got DVDs, a pull-up bar, a treadmill, DDR, and a bench press all I need is a bar and some weights lol. I just loose all motivation when I'm here... :/ Things go a bit deeper than that but I don't wont this to turn into a essay, lol.

So in a nutshell I'm hear to finally kick my bad habbits, loose all this disgusting fat, replacing it with plenty of muslce. [['Cause you see, I really want to join the Coast Guard, and become and search and rescue diver.]] But I know, from experience, that I'll never meet my goals by myself. And well, I think that if I record everything I eat and do everyday where all y'all can see it that I'll be more determined to excercise and eat better.. I hope... :/
I've over come a lot of things in my life, and I'm hoping I can some day add this to the list. :]

Fun pics of me! xD
Any Harry Potter fans out there?? xD
Senior Prom, the green one. x]
Goin' Disco Bowling!
My personal fav.
Teh pimp mobile, lmao. xD

Feel free to PM me to chat if yeah'd like, lol. x]

P.s. ~ I'm sorry that this is so long and if some things are spelt wrong, I don't have word any more so I can't spell check. D'x

~Kp. :]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:16 pm
Hello, my name is Kay. I'm sixteen and in my 2nd year of high school, I don't know how tall i am, but I weigh roughly around 230 pounds, redface sweatdrop , wow, I cant believe I just said that out loud, I never say that.

I have attempted to lose weight before, but have failed, I eventually gave up for awhile. I also think I have gained weight since the beginning of the school year, its been a stressful school year for me. But the other day I saw myself in the mirror, and I did not like what I saw, So now I am determined to lose weight. I will Lose it! For a start I'd at least like to get back down to 200 pounds or less, and then go from there until I reach a healthy weight. My biggest problems though are not enough exercise, and overeating, and not eating very healthy; My worst food enemy: Chocolate, I could never give up chocolate. Anyone know a healthier option? People have tried offering support to me, but they kept saying how overweight I was and it only made me feel worse about myself. But then i saw this guild while looking through the guilds, and I thought it looked like a good guild to join, so i joined. So, Hi!  

Kay-VW

Starlurk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:29 am
My name is Heather ^_^ I'm 20 years old, soon to be 21. I'm not currently in school but I do a lot of travelling. I spend a lot of time doing unenergetic things, video games, computer, reading, etc.

My friend told me about this guild and how it helped her. I'm okay right now, I could stand to lose a few pounds but I'm concerned about my future. I have a hard time exercising, I self-medicate with foods, and I'm afraid of cooking so I eat a lot of fast food.

Sorry if this picture is too big:

User Image

I'm the one in the blue hat pretending that I'm not scared to death. (I totally am)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:00 pm
Hellllllo everyone.
My name is Morgan. :]

I'm 17 and a senior in high school at the moment, with only months left until college. I'm a pretttty huge nerd, a fact that is widely known throughout the school. I don't really mind being the school nerd, but I do mind being the school fat girl, which I have always been. Howevert, it's definitely a title I definitely want to lose before college.

I'm 5'2" and about 215lbs. In 7th/8th grade I lost a good amount of weight doing Weight Watchers, but eventually gained it back. Then I lost a lot of weight on Jenny Craig last year, but the program became too expensive so I had to drop it and ended up gaining almost all of it back.

But I'm mosdef ready to change my lifestyle to drop some poundage... My main problems are snacking after school and occasionally late-night eating, along with a lack of exercise. However, I recently bought a cheapo eliptical machine online and have been trying to eat less after school recently. It's still difficult to follow a good exercise regimen, however, with the amount of schoolwork I have to complete, as I go to sleep after midnight/1am almost every night.

Goal wise, I was told by my Jenny Craig consultant that I should weigh around 117 ( eek !) but my own personal goal is 130ish. Short-term goal wise, I would like to get below the 200lbs mark in the next 6 weeks (prom is approaching!) and keeping losing before graduation. And also, I would just really like to be able to wear cute clothes. They don't make very much cute clothing for fat people sad  

Spiral Tuboflex

Feline Worshipper

26,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Starlurk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:35 pm
Good luck! I'm bad about eating late at night too. I try to justify it by eating organic chips with hot salsa or just plain fruit (at night). I'm also really bad about exercising. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:38 am
Hi. I'm Clydesdale Anarchy. I really don't know what to say. If you want to know anything, just ask. ^_^  

Clydesdale Anarchy

acsseijay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:00 pm
Hi, call me Jay : )
I'm new, like alot of you, so I decided to introduce myself.

I'm sixteen years old and currently 253-4lbs. On December 26th, 2007 I weighed close to 280lbs. That's the exact date I decided to change my life.
I just want to get down to a healthy bmi by working out and eating better. My workouts usually consist of one mile a day(at least) and pilates(5/7). I'm hoping to loose about 1-1.8 lbs a week, just as long as I'm healthy in doing it.

That's actually about it... My healthy weight is around 155-160lb. I know I'm not going to loose all that weight this year. I'm hoping to be at least 175lbs by 2009(for senior year of highschool). If I get down to my weight by being safe and healthy before then, I'll be the happiest girl in the world.

<33  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:00 am
Hi, my name is sam, I'm 17 and I decided I'm done with being heavy as of last week.

I weigh 270 even, my healthy weight being at about 170. My goal is to be 180lbs. by the end of the year. A few days ago I got on the scale and saw I had gained ten pounds since two months ago, and I was horrified. Whats really got me scared is Diabetes runs in my family, and it would just kill me to develop an incurable disease before I even hit 20, or at any point in my life.

I'm a massive nerd with an artistic complex, and I like to role play and write on the side. I run an art shop here on gaia, but it's more of a hobby than anything else. I'm a pale red head who is seen as a mother to all of her friends, and is prepareing for her first and only prom. I'm homeschooled, so if I don't go to school functions like that with my friends, i don't go at all.

My short term goal is to lose 7 pounds before the dance(without starvation of course), though honestly I'm just happy I get to go. No one at the dance I know cares what i look like anyway.

Anyway, self needs aside, I'm hopeing I can be as supportive and helpful as anyone else in the guild while I try and reach my goal.

So, um, Hi. sweatdrop  

her_sourness

Agammaglobulinaemia

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:52 pm
Hey :]

I'm Laura, I'm 14 and my height is hovering between 4'11 and 5'0. (As well as getting slimmer, I plan to get taller somehow too xP)

Currently, my weight is constantly switching between 129 and 130.
My goal weight is 101 :]

I hope to have that achieved by the time school gets out for summer, July 24.

When I was younger I was badly overweight, and with my dad's help, I lost a ton of weight. But over the years I gained quite a bit back, though I'm not huge any more.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:56 pm
Hi! you can call me meg if you like. I just turned 20 a few months ago and I weigh 145. I know that doesn't sound like alot, but my body fat percentage isn't where I want it to be.

My ultimate goal is to loose 20-30 lbs and complete a marathon. I'd like to loose the weight by school time in the fall, but I'm more concerned about eating healthy and running. I'd rather be able to run a 5k straight and only loose 5 lbs.  

contemptus saeculi

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:22 am
Hi, I'm SaVanna, but you guys can just call me Savvy. I just graduated high school a couple of weeks ago, and I'll be starting college as a nutrition & dietetics major in the fall. Nutrition and dieting are something I'm really interested in.

When I was about 15 years old, I reached my highest weight: 200 lbs. At this point I was being picked on quite frequently, I had never been on a date, and I was miserable. I started dieting and lost 30 lbs. While dieting, I discovered that I truly had a passion for nutrition and fitness, so I've decided to pursue a career in the field! My lowest weight was 170, but lately I've gotten a little too comfortable and I'm slowly starting to gain back. I'm about 175 right now, and I hope to get to a nice, healthy 155 preferably by the end of the year.

It's nice to meet everyone, and I'm so glad I found this guild. whee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:51 am
I haven't been on here for a long time so i'll re-introduce myself. Not even sure if i did the first time...

I'm Alyssa. I'm 19 years old and graduated high school in 2007. I work at Animal Control and might be getting my vet tech. degree in the fall. After that i will work on getting my teaching degree and majoring in Japanese so i can hopefully teach English in Japan. Of course my plans might always chance...

My highest weight was 170 i think. I got down to 140 but of course i got too laid back about the weight thing since i was down so i slowly have gone up to 150 again and i need to get back on track. It's hard for me to lose weight because my body got used to daily exercise due to my job at Animal Control. I have to work extra hard for my body to count it as exercise now i guess. Hopefully i can get back down to 140 and then keep going down to my goal weight of about 115 or 120. for my height my healthy range is supposedly 107-145 or something.

A few months ago i adopted my dog Piper. She's a blue heeler (Australian Cattle dog) and they have energy 24/7. I take her on walks when i'm in the mood to but that isn't often and she needs at least one every day. I feel guilty when i only let her run around in our backyard rather than walk her. I'm hoping to get myself to walk her every day for at least a mile. So really i guess i'm here to help both myself and my dog Piper.

anyway, nice to meet you all!

me:

User Image  

YourLittleLovingNightmare

Agorphia

8,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:14 pm
Hey, my name's Angel. :3

I joined because I need more motivation to loose weight.
Currently, my boyfriend and I help each other out by doing 50 situps each night and drinking water and skim milk instead of sugary drinks.

However, I feel I need more motivation to do more exercise and eat better and whatnot.

Buuuut I'm leaving for Europe tomorrow and I'm gonna be gone for 16 days. xD

But I'll make a health diary thingy when I come back. :33

Edit: Btw, I'm about 155 lbs., and my goal weight is 130 or less. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:39 pm
Hello! I'm Alexis, and I'm 24. I've actually been very overweigh for about 10 years now, and I'm beginning to feel it take a toll on me, having problems I shouldn't be having at 24. They are small ones so far, just difficulty doing things that should be simple, like climbing stairs and being on my feet too long; but I don't want them to get any worse, so I've decided to take serious action. Basically, I just want to feel like I'm as young as I actually am again. smile

Let's see... I was doing well with eating and exercise for about a month or two, fell of the wagon this past couple of weeks, but I have not giving up and I'm pulling myself back in line.

I started walking everyday, which now that I"ve moved I have to make a walking route. Before I lived right next to a park, how convenient was that? So I went everymorning, even in light rain. But not in heavy storms though. Although I no longer have the convenience of the park, where I live now I noticed there is a lovely hill for me to make use of. smile

I bought this work out dvd by the firm, it is supposed to be a full body work out. The next thing I need to by is small weights but the dvd said that I didn't have to start out with them from the beginning, and I do like this work out. I would love to join a gym but I can't really put that in my budget right now. Also, I'm still a bit shy about working out in front of people. When I do work out the money and nerve to join a gym, I would love to get a trainer at least once, because I confess I know very little about effectively working out; the one thing I do know (or at least think I know) right now is consistance, and that exercise is accumulative. So for now, I want to make sure that walking and doing my exercise dvd become a part of my daily routine.

I am a horribe eater! Horrible. Ironically, though I weigh 272lbs and am only about 5'4", my problem is not greed; it is pickiness. I skip at least two meals a day, not because I'm trying to but because my eating habits are very poor. In other words when I miss meals it's not on purpose. For one thing, I'm one of those people who don't eat breakfast; for another I am too lazy to cook, a quality I must abandon, so if something isn't convenient, I'll hold off until I know Im going to get around some convenient food. Now the two down sides are that I'm pretty sure this has slowed my metabolism to a halt, and also that this "convenient" food is usually junk, take out, frozen pizzas, or if it is any vegetables in it then they are boiled frozen or canned stuff with probably no real nutrients. So my eating patterns need a complete overhaul, and to do this I must stop being lazy and cheap.

I mentioned before that my weight is 272 pounds; as for my measurements I took them not to long ago and will take them again. I might post them and a picture here soon.

I hope to meet all of you other members soon, and hope that while I'm here on my journey, I can in some way encourage you in yours! Please feel free to talk to me anytime, even if just to say hello, and I will be open and available to you. Also if I hear any good tips or think of any ideas, I will most definately post them. I do have an idea or two, but I am sure I must put them in the main forum, and not in this already too long introduction post. sweatdrop Hope to meet all of you soon!  

GlittRis

Beloved Gaian

6,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games