Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:10 am
TeaDidikai
Rajani Kali
I'm a major tea lover, drink the stuff fairly regularly smile My favorite is definitely Chai.
Do you mean Masala Chai?

Yup! Had my first taste last year at the Lotus Lantern Festival here for Buddha's birthday. I was in heaven! I'm not able to get it nearly as much as I would like, but apparently one of my friends back home has started getting Chai imported from India, so I guess I'll be visiting him a lot next term.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:57 am
Rajani Kali
Yup! Had my first taste last year at the Lotus Lantern Festival here for Buddha's birthday.
Cosmic Irony FTW. heart  

TeaDidikai

Calixti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:06 pm
The green tea limeade Tea posted several pages back is excellent, I'm happy to say, and was a big hit at my friend's fourth of July celebration, even with the people who dislike tea.

On a less tea-happy note, there was chai available at the Shakespeare on the Green performances I attended over the weekend, but it was awful. Weak, watery, and smelled vaguely like cinnamon but didn't taste like much of anything. gonk

I'm taking my own tea next year.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:24 pm
The Indubitable Katie-Kat

I'm taking my own tea next year.
~always brings her own tea~ whee  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:23 am
The Indubitable Katie-Kat

On a less tea-happy note, there was chai available at the Shakespeare on the Green performances I attended over the weekend, but it was awful. Weak, watery, and smelled vaguely like cinnamon but didn't taste like much of anything. :gonk

Probrably something like twinings.

As much as I love twinings, their masala chai tastes like crap.
The spices are barely tasteable and the tea itself is of a poor quality.

The box is sitting on my kitchen counter going stale as we speak.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:09 am
So I was wondering if anyone here has had various tea flavored icecream? They really enjoy them here: last year Baskin Robin's had something called "Mystic Chai", which was heavenly, and this year they have a jasmine flavored icecream. I haven't really tried the new one yet, as I was so depressed they didn't have the chai one anymore, I had to have chocolate razz Green tea icecream is really big here too (they eat it on Belgium waffles!), but I found it a little odd... of course I was sick at the time, so maybe I'll like it better when I can actually taste all the flavors.  

Ainwyn

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:45 am
I'm vegan now, but back when I was vegetarian, I loved Green Tea ice cream mochi balls.

I love Celestial Seasonings Imperial White Peach "Ice Cream" (it's made with rice milk), which is white tea and peach flavored. Rice Dream also makes several chai flavored vegan ice creams, including a chocolate-dipped ice cream bar. >_>

And I'm looking forward to tea sorbets!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:00 pm
Working on it hun. It's not going to well- and I was experimenting with honey, but now that I know you're vegan, I'll go back to the drawing board.  

TeaDidikai

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 am
TeaDidikai
Working on it hun. It's not going to well- and I was experimenting with honey, but now that I know you're vegan, I'll go back to the drawing board.

I'm sure I could substitute agave nectar. And no hurries. My gf and I experimented again, but failed utterly.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult. scream Maybe I'm just too picky?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:44 am
MoonJeli
I'm vegan now, but back when I was vegetarian, I loved Green Tea ice cream mochi balls.

I love Celestial Seasonings Imperial White Peach "Ice Cream" (it's made with rice milk), which is white tea and peach flavored. Rice Dream also makes several chai flavored vegan ice creams, including a chocolate-dipped ice cream bar. >_>

And I'm looking forward to tea sorbets!

Yeah, I'd tried CS's rice cream ( cool ), but I didn't like the texture of it, which is quite depressing because I'm actually lactose intolerant and can only have icecream occasionally, and with pills crying The reason I didn't get into Chai at an earlier age was because I didn't realize I was lactose intolerant yet, and drinking a thing of Chai latte always made me sick. Now I get them with soy milk and all is well in the world! (well, other than the fact that it's not Masala Chai, but I take what I can get...)

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for tea sorbet! That sounds absolutely delicious!!!  

Ainwyn

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:18 am
MoonJeli

I'm sure I could substitute agave nectar. And no hurries. My gf and I experimented again, but failed utterly.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult. scream Maybe I'm just too picky?
You're correct in that it is way too sweet. I'll see what I can do. It seems silly (though delicious) to try and make something for a vegan only to have to revamp it again.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:04 pm
I love matcha (result of joining the tea ceremony club 3nodding ) and I finally found the whisk used to make it in the store! *squees with glee*

.....Now all I've got to do is buy a tea bowl... sweatdrop  

Diamond Leaf Clover

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:48 pm
Diamond Leaf Clover

I had the most beautiful tea bowl brought back from Japan from by some dear friends... it was ruined in the flooding from a couple years ago! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:02 am
TeaDidikai
Diamond Leaf Clover

I had the most beautiful tea bowl brought back from Japan from by some dear friends... it was ruined in the flooding from a couple years ago! gonk

gonk Argh, that sucks! *Hugs Tea*
I would really like a tea bowl of my own, so I can practice making tea (I always forget steps when I'm at club sweatdrop ) and so I can have a bowl when I want to, rather than just once a week...I haven't had matcha since the 3rd (Doll Festival in Japan) which was ages ago...I'm considering using a small soup bowl I have in substitution...I just really want matcha!

(I hope I can find an affordable tea bowl somewhere. I've seen some gorgeous ones in the stores, but they are like, ¥15 000 for one bowl gonk I can't afford $227 (Aussie dollars) for a bowl! xp  

Diamond Leaf Clover

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:46 am
Diamond Leaf Clover
TeaDidikai
Diamond Leaf Clover

gonk Argh, that sucks! *Hugs Tea*
I would really like a tea bowl of my own, so I can practice making tea (I always forget steps when I'm at club sweatdrop ) and so I can have a bowl when I want to, rather than just once a week...I haven't had matcha since the 3rd (Doll Festival in Japan) which was ages ago...I'm considering using a small soup bowl I have in substitution...I just really want matcha!

(I hope I can find an affordable tea bowl somewhere. I've seen some gorgeous ones in the stores, but they are like, ¥15 000 for one bowl gonk I can't afford $227 (Aussie dollars) for a bowl! xp
You can buy a nice Winter Bowl in Seattle for about $25 USD. It's a mass production piece, but it's of suitable quality I don't mind offering it to guests.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games