Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Movies and TV shows! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:14 am
Mat
http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Transformer 2 go go go
It better have more robots fighting and killing each other and less whiny humans. We slept through most of that stupid movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:22 am

I'm with you, Hark. Transformers could have also been known as "All Blow'd Up." There's...I mean, what's the underlying theme? It's...bah! I'm gonna erase that movie from existence.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:17 pm
Must... KILL.... BAY!!!

We could have had any robot movie instead. Hell, even an Americanized Evangelion movie would have sucked less.

Why couldn't we have had a live action gundam movie instead? Like you wouldn't want to see a movie with an RX-79 Gundam taking on an MS-06 Zaku II? Huh?

No. Instead we get the worst of the toy-inspired cartoons warped into some kind of unholy epic. Don't get me wrong, When I was like, five, I played with transformers and loved each one. Deceptacons rule, btw.

But GAWD! those old hot-wheels attack pak trucks could have made a better movie plot! (anyone know what I'm talking about? The monster trucks with mouths? they were supposed to be like, I dunno, merged with animals and dinosaurs as a result of some exposure to radiation or something)

PS, anyone notice how the black-voiced robot "Jazz" met his end early, eneventfully, and as the buildup to a joke?

Optimus: "Jazz was a good soldier." *discards body, moves on*

Yah, thanks Micheal Bay, for killing the black robot first. You stupid ********. God damn, transformers getting a movie is bad enough, but getting a sequel???

Anywho, I'm sure G.I.JOE will kick a**, as I can believe in such a thing as a counter-terrorist force full of multi-talented badasses.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:50 am
I dunno what your complaining about I liked the movie.  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:29 am
Mat
I dunno what your complaining about I liked the movie.
I thought we were alike mat! How could you?!? crying  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:02 am
you see to the die hard TF and the nearly completely uniformed viewers is the guy who had G.I.Joes. he likes TF but never watched it much, so at parts that people thought sucked he was ooo ing and aaaa ing  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:37 am
I'm not a fan but that movie blew because it was supposed to be about robots that turn into cars, not stupid people.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:27 am
i think the move was to promote that you dont have to be a Robot from cybertron to be a hero. I kind send out a positive message  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:58 pm

But...how could you even pick out a message amongst all of the action? The only points where there was any downtime were horribly cliched romance scenes. Yes, there were other things, but...eh.

If you look at it as an action movie, it's all good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:31 pm
who's seen Coraline yet? it's really good, with some really addictive music. plus i'm a general fan of stop motion so I'd say yes my opinion is biased. but still not just a kid's movie.  

GamerChik240

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:46 pm
I really enjoyed it. My general concensus was that it was modern-day fairy tale, and by just that it can't be too bad. It had some good humour, and a few suprises here and there. Overall, it's simply an enjoyable movie that has you smiling as you leave the theatre.

@GamerChik- It's not actually stop animation, though you wouldn't be able to tell. It's just 3D animation done in the style of clay figures. It cuts down on the production time considerably.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:00 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcGD6YwMrXg
say what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4I72semN4&feature=related
it is stop motion with animation mixed in to work out that 3d element

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc9XP_W9AF8
so do your research before shooting some one down. plus I didn't see it in 3D, but I wanted too but the theatre only had 2D.

@ Caleidah
What else were you supposed to look at it as?

And for Mr. Message? are you serious the story is suppose to BE ABOUT ROBOTS! not little squshy people. and what message was it anyways exactly? if they weren't the main character or 2 feet from one they died... like when the wepon's robot jumps over the missles... where do you think they went? they hit a wall and most likely KILLED some one.. the moral try to be important.  

GamerChik240

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:11 pm
I took my girly to see Coraline on V-day, very cool. I really enjoyed it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:35 am
GamerChik240
And for Mr. Message? are you serious the story is suppose to BE ABOUT ROBOTS! not little squshy people. and what message was it anyways exactly? if they weren't the main character or 2 feet from one they died... like when the wepon's robot jumps over the missles... where do you think they went? they hit a wall and most likely KILLED some one.. the moral try to be important.

ok lets go back to G1 how many times were the Autobots save due to human ingenuity. Like every 5th episode. Granted I want more screen time for the bots bu you have you understand people just getting into the TF story have no idea what going on.

And the moral isnt be important its dont hang around a giant robot battle royal  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 pm
GamerChik240
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcGD6YwMrXg
say what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4I72semN4&feature=related
it is stop motion with animation mixed in to work out that 3d element

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc9XP_W9AF8
so do your research before shooting some one down. plus I didn't see it in 3D, but I wanted too but the theatre only had 2D.
Well I'll be damned, I was under the impression that it was done entirely on computers. My bad. Also, I wasn't making the attempt to 'shoot you down'. I was merely trying to correct you with incorrect information. xp  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games