Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:46 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
I believe our britishness is illustrated well enough through the fact that every joke we make is interpreted as invective

Or, um. Innocently lewd.

I cannot believe you missed this out there Invi: rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:52 am
*crafty edit*

ninja

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:54 am
Well you can't deny that they get offended. British humour consists of sarcastic remarks and dirty postcards

GOD BLESS IT *sings national anthem*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:57 am
And when I think of all the times that the eye-roll has been mis-used; and then you go and forget it when the context is sublimely perfect. rolleyes
My point proven.  

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:07 am
and_solo_said
Well you can't deny that they get offended. British humour consists of sarcastic remarks and dirty postcards

GOD BLESS IT *sings national anthem*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/1464627.stm

Quote:
Postcards promoting a film featuring a group of men parading naked through a south Wales housing estate have been banned by the US Postal Service.
More than 40,000 cards showing a line-up of actors from "A Heap of Trouble" had been printed to advertise the The World According to Shorts film festival at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York.

The low-budget movie - which shows a group of men walking around in just their socks and shoes - sets out to chart their struggle for emancipation in a suburban world dominated by women

But the US Postal Service - which has a ban on "lewd or filthy matter" and sexually orientated advertisements - would only agree to mail the cards on condition a black bar was added to cover the actors' bottoms.

"With bulk mail we try to think about the few people who will have objections," a spokesman said.

But Brooklyn Academy of Music curator Jonathan Howell, who choose the image for display at racks in restaurants and other public places, refused to comply.

"I ran the postcard past representatives of several cultural institutions and they were all okay with it," he said.

"We are all fairly surprised anyone could find it offensive.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:15 am
My point exactly  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:44 am
sforzauk
Invictus_88
sforzauk
i sent you a message

Quote:
hi, aint seen ya in ages + OMG-wtf r u wearing!?!?!?!
ya, no offence but u lk a rite t**t in dat icon_xp.gif - i meen wats up wit da watjamacallit,uhm, de eye thing.....+ y do u av a teksta?!!? lol- u even got a top hat icon_xd.gif icon_blaugh.gif
meh, spose dat wernt da welcome u wer xpectin but , meh, don matta.
so, how r ya

why havnt you replied????- i know you opened it- and yes, it aint the most flattering thing, but you could've at least replied gonk xd

It was written in txt speak, it was rude and I was busy.

Sorry about that. But what is wrong with top hats? Loads of the people in my guilds have them.

Invictus

ya, i can write how i plz, i sent you 2, you couldve writ back later, and yeh, it was rude- but funny rude, and well, its da truth
meh, top hats just look gay

stare  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:46 am
Invictus_88
sforzauk
Invictus_88
sforzauk
i sent you a message

Quote:
ya, no offence but u lk a rite t**t in dat icon_xp.gif - i meen wats up wit da watjamacallit,uhm, de eye thing.....+ y do u av a teksta?!!? lol- u even got a top hat icon_xd.gif icon_blaugh.gif
so, how r ya

why havnt you replied????- i know you opened it- and yes, it aint the most flattering thing, but you could've at least replied gonk xd

Sorry about that. But what is wrong with top hats? Loads of the people in my guilds have them.

Invictus

ya, i can write how i plz, i sent you 2, you couldve writ back later, and yeh, it was rude- but funny rude, and well, its da truth

stare

*Hands rifle*  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:48 am
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
sforzauk
Invictus_88
sforzauk
i sent you a message

Quote:
so, how r ya

Invictus

stare

*Hands rifle*

*Puts missile base on stand-by. Give Invi the red button*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:50 am
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
sforzauk
Invictus_88
sforzauk
i sent you a message

Quote:
so, how r ya

Invictus

stare

*Hands rifle*

*Takes his seat a fair distance away*  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:55 am
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
sforzauk
Invictus_88
sforzauk
i sent you a message

Quote:
so, how r ya

Invictus

stare

*Hands rifle*

*Takes his seat a fair distance away*

*Puts on lead boxers*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:57 am
When I first joined Gaia, my first debate was against her.

It was foxhunting, I was fighting on home turf. Pwned her royally.

Hadn't heard from here since about then.

I'll ignore her, for now.

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:59 am
*Protects self, closes eyes, fingers in ears etc.*
Lead boxers?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:03 am
Nebelstern
*Protects self, closes eyes, fingers in ears etc.*
Lead boxers?

Well if I finaly AM the last man alive, I need to be able to use my powers effectively  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games