Bored as normal Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:41 am
Mac didn't even bother arguing with Kali -- with this bunch he often felt like the only mature one. Amanda, who had been eye-flirting with Mat until Duncan gently tugged her back, laughed at Kali. "I try never to be boring," she said.

"A bored Amanda is a dangerous Amanda," Methos intoned, as he poured a mug of beer from the pitcher and handed it to Mat.

She cocked her head at Gaston, then gave a speculative look at Methos. "Adam and I are well acquainted," she said. "What's a little psychological damage between friends?"

Methos ignored the flicker of Amanda's long black lashes, turning instead to answer Kali's question. "The lack of a lot of Immortal 'chicks'? I don't know why. I have some theories I don't care to express in company that could get me kneed in the nuts."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:04 am
"Most likely I'm thinking, she's a flirtly thing ain't she? That wasn't mentioned that I remember." For that that at lest halfway knew Kali it was apparent that was more distant now emotionally, her normal mask of amusement firmly in place. It was better then her flipping to annoyance, but not by much, she still came off as emotionally cold and uncaring.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:19 am
The sad part was that, sure Mat noted that Amanda had been in a way flirting with him, but that was about it, oh sure she was cute, but if that was all it took to get a reaction from him he would have been in trouble a long time ago. "It's never the psychological damage that's the problem, it's getting caught with it in criminal reasonings." He ran fingers through his hair, flashing pale purple eyes for a second before his hair hid his eyes again, there was a reason he kept his hair in front of his eyes. He did glance to Kali, noticing her change in...personality? It really didn't bother him, though he kept it in mind, she was a strange one, not even thirty, still alive, and still strange as can be, which made her in a way interesting.

For now though put turned back to Amanda and the others, "You know I never thought about the fact there aren't a lot of female immortals, maybe it's more of women don't get killed preimmortal wise, most people view a female as less dangrous so they are killed less. There's been cases of robberies where the men get shoot and banged up but the women got left alone." He gave a shrug that could have meant anything in the world, "That' at lest my stand on it."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:29 am
(hey you changed your text, nifty)

Kali normally might have laughed, as it was she replied in a bored tone, "No, getting caught due to criminal reasonings psychological damage is very good to have, people take pity on you if you plead insanity, or temp insanity for that matter, makes it easier to get away with things." Sad part was she knew was experience and it had been a first degree murder charge, it took some talent to get out of the ruling, like she was honestly going to willing go to a shrink, no way in hell. "And alas, if I die from old age the world might end sweetling, cause I'm pretty sure most sane people would kill me if they somehow had my a** trapped anywhere." It was scary just how little feeling was behind her words, well not scary to them most likely, but she was certainly a touch on psychopath side.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:28 pm
"Duncan," Amanda smiled coquetishly, eying Kali, "you've definitely got some interesting friends this time around."

Methos said quietly to Mat, "It's only been in recent history that women have enjoyed equal protection under the law. For a long time they were property. Men's property. Killing one didn't bring that big a penalty, unless she was someone else's woman."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:30 pm
Kali blinked at Amanda's words, "Interesting? I've been called worse at lest, I can go with interesting." Hey if that was the worse she was call during the night she was doing good really. "Keeps me from being too dull I guess."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:31 pm
Gaston's been quietly sipping at his drink for the duration of this part of the conversation...people are definitely getting stranger these days. "And here I thought I was the deviant one with the high explosives, automatic weapons, and high speed car chases. Silly me, neh?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:39 pm
Mat tilted his head slightly at Methos, "And?" He wasn't trying to be rude in any way, "Still you can put a muscle built woman and a small guy together and most people will suspect the guy before the woman for some reason." He thought he had a point at lest, though he could be wrong, he'd even admit it, "For a stable person of normal standing it's human instinct to protect those weaker, or that seem weaker even if in the long run they may not be."

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:56 pm
Amanda studied the handsome Cajun Immortal across the table from her, sipping at her brandy with veiled eyes. "Oh, I meant you, too, Mr. Bond," she smiled.

Methos shrugged at Mat. "You were talking about the longevity of men vs women due to violence," he said. "I was just pointing out that women are victims of random violence through the centuries as much or more so than men. Bullies don't care for targets they can't beat."

Duncan leaned closed to Amanda's ear. "Amanda," he whispered, "why are you here?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:18 pm
Mat shrugged on that, "Alright then, I'll take your word on that since I wouldn't know." Which made sense, he was under a hundred, and even admitted it.

Vesta Shade

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:20 pm
It was at that point Kali calmly reached over and snatched Mat's beer to take a sip, just because she could really, and wanted a drink without ordering one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:52 am
Gaston chuckles lightly, giving Amanda a wink. "Actually, cherie, Mr Bond doesn't have a high enough security clearance to do what I do." He can be a bit of a tease himself, when he tries. "However, thank you for the inclusion."

He also finally has something to add to the conversation between Methos and Mat. "Of course, some would say that now that we allegedly have equality of the sexes, the male bullies have taught the female bullies, allowing for those meatheaded cowards of either sex to pick on and torment those who seem weaker." Which would account for the younger Mat not witnessing the kind of sexual disparity that Methos describes.

"Of course, sooner or later, most bullies of either sex end up the same way."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:00 am
Thinking of Kronos and all the other bullies he'd known in his long, long life -- including, at times, himself -- Methos silently raised his mug to Gaston's words, then drank.

Amanda lightly pushed Mac back. "Duncan," she admonished, "not in front of the children."

Leaning her elbows on the table, she placed her pretty, elfin face into her cupped hands as she stared across at Gaston, one thousand years of raw sex appeal in a very pleasing package.

"So, Gaston, what is it that you do for a living?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:28 pm
Now Gaston is wily enough to know when feminine allure is being used against him...heck, he's used his own sex appeal on more than one occasion for a variety of reasons...but it's still a bit of an ego boost to be a target for such things. Besides, it's fun.

"Amanda, dear lady," He responds with one of his more dazzling smiles. Tit for tat, and all. "If you keep making me feel all special and important, I may just be inclined to buy you breakfast come morning." Sure, he only has a little over two hundred years of sex appeal, but it's at least respectful.

"Sadly, I can't talk too much about what I do for a living. Company and confidentiality, and all." However, he can of course, hint. "Adam, MacLeod...do you two remember when I fought Sahib out front a short time back? That moment when I very nearly had his head and he was whisked away by those goons in the dark cloaks? It reminded me of a special I saw on the History Channel. Apparently there was, and still is, some odd kind of cult of monks that worship an ancient demon. Supposedly it can only manifest every thousand years and cause all sorts of havoc if some chosen one doesn't keep it at bay...but it's mortal worshippers try to prepare the world for his arrival, begin the conquest as it were."

Gaston swirls his JD and takes another sip. "Sounds like quite a nasty bunch, don't you think? Dealing with them would have to be a full time job."

Like his.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:04 am
"And I get stuck being a waitress." Kali almost sounded sullen, she did give a half second glare, only really a half-second even given it just wasn't worth it.

Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff