Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:55 pm
I don't think a limit to the damage it can block would be good; no magic shield I've ever seen has that issue and it kind of defeats the purpose of the shield being made of magic. I think we should stick with the 4CP/2MP setup.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:56 pm
I think we've beat this puppy to death. Let's let it lie for a while, see how it turns out. If turns out to be unbalanced later, we can always nurf it further.  

Master of Gladiators

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:57 pm
True. Lets leave it at 4CP/2MP.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:05 pm
We should just try it out. I'm sure a lot of this stuff will need minor tweaks as we go. Its best to fix it as it is tried by the players so we can see how it might be used.  

Kowsauni
Crew

cat_girl_nukunuku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:14 pm
Good so we are all in agreement then. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:18 pm
Make it so, Number 1! rofl  

Wedry

cat_girl_nukunuku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:30 pm
Well there is one more thing that was mentioned but we have not solidified. So I’m going to put my suggestions for the final rules regarding organizations and please comment on them. Since they should not really come into play until a little later I can still release the orgs even if we are still debating some of these.

A character can only be part of one organization at a time.
It is very difficult but possible to leave an organization, leaving is done by a special quest ran by a DM.
If you leave an organization you can keep your abilities gained while in it but cannot purchase new ones from the old organization (you can continue to invest in abilities that can have multiple points invested since you already know the base ability, kind of like how you don’t have to get a new AP Tamer to get a second CP in it because you already have the ability)

One that I’m not sure about
Organizations and pets?
Pets are supposed to be like having another character that is harder to level up because it has to be done with divine ramuna (thus them being able to use items, actions, spells and having their own AP/MP). So can they join a different organization then their master? Can they join an opposing organization (like the council VS the beast masters)? If not can they get organization abilities? Can you find organization divine ramuna? What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:31 pm
(Kirk was a much better captain...)
rolleyes

As for pets, I would say by default they would have to be with their master. The master/pet relationship should (in theory) be so close that they wouldn't want to be in a different organization. Besides, depending on the pet's level of intelligence, it may not be possible for them to participate in a guild without their master's guidance anyway.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:37 pm
Just curious, will summons be able to get organization abilities?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:41 pm
My initial reaction is no to everything.

Does a pet gain CP at the end of a dungeon? No...
So I don't think they should benifet from any org skills.

Though I may change my mind on this, this is just my initial reaction.

That might be a way for characters to abuse the Org. System though... They can now make stuff from two orgs, instead of the one, which I view as the biggest plus in being in a org.  

-A M P-

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:42 pm
One other thing that came up briefly and was sort of resolved but not really; spending CP on Organization Abilities. It has been suggested that you can only spend CP you earned on Organization Quests; I think this is a bit bogus. Earning CP is hard enough without being forced to go on special quests to get the abilities you joined the Organization for in the first place. So can we say that you can spend CP on whatever Ability you have access to, regardless of it's location?

And keep the pet/master together. It just seems right. And they should have the same access to the abilities that their master has access to. It's his CP being spent after all. And Divine Ramuna... Quest Item.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:48 pm
-A M P-

That might be a way for characters to abuse the Org. System though... They can now make stuff from two orgs, instead of the one, which I view as the biggest plus in being in a org.

AMP, that doesn't make sense. Even if a pet only gets to use Divine Ramuna, his master can still choose to spend it on organization abilities for the pet-and I do say they should get it on organization quests or some similar, though perhaps at a lower rate than standard CP. After all, one of the perks of having a pet is being able to train it.

Though I'll say again (as Gladiators also said), pets should by default be associated with the organization of their master.

((Edited 'cause I got my stuff mixed up xp ))  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

-A M P-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:51 pm
l.a.v.
-A M P-

AMP, that doesn't make sense. Even if a pet only gets to use CP gained by his master, his master can still choose to spend it on organization abilities for the pet rather than themselves. After all, one of the perks of having a pet is being able to train it.

Though I'll say again (as Gladiators also said), pets should by default be associated with the organization of their master.

Ok well org skills, ok, it is the masters CP being spent on them.
I was more so in disagrence with the whole pet joining a dif org.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:51 pm
What about summons? Should they be able to use organization abilities?  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:53 pm
Perrian
What about summons? Should they be able to use organization abilities?
Not unless somebody creates a summoning Organization. That was the point of denying them Actions ands Spells, keeps em limited.  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games