Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplaying
The Hunted Desire (Accepting Profiles now) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think werewolves exisit?
  Hell yeah they do!
  No...
  Are you kidding? I'm one of them!
View Results

jinxercat2006

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:36 am
Kat was silent while she watched him. This is it then… she thought to herself as the needle went into her leg. She started to get a flashback of the hospital… the doctor and the nurses, staring at her. One of the nurses shuffled out the door, muffling her sobs. Now is not the time for revelations… She looked up and saw Nich’s face, which was comforting in itself.

“I.. I won’t eat you.” She said, trying to feign a smile, blinking profusely. Indeed, things had become clearer; her sight, smell, and ears especially. When Nich embraced her, she could hear his heartbeat, a surprisingly calm and steady beat.

She stared after his as he went back to the door, but the content expression on her face vanished when she saw that he had drawn blood. Keep it together… Worried that her knees might give out, Kat sank to the floor, leaning against the side of her bed. She closed her eyes, not in pain, but in frustration. Her nails scraped the wooden floorboards, her knuckles white.

Her hands, which were usually warm, became cold. She pressed them to her head like she had before in the warehouse. This calmed her enough to say, “Nich… please, don’t come any closer.”

As she said this, she realized it didn’t matter, because she could smell him and his blood from across the room. Damn it… she thought to herself.

Her mind threw countless fragments of memories at her, and she opened her eyes, trying in vain to come back to reality. She sighed, removing her hands from her face, revealing unexpectedly dull orange eyes. The brightness that came with the thrill of the hunt had vanished from them completely. She was very pale, but she smiled triumphantly, showing an absence of fangs.

“Nich, I’m not going to eat you, I promise, I will not eat you.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:56 am
Nich smiled, he sat down on the bed beside her. He placed his hand on the top of her head and ran his fingers through her hair. With his other hand he removed a tourniquet from his pocket and bound his wound.

"The worst part if over now, now you know you can control yourself. Now you just have to wait until about twenty four hours has passed for the hormones to wear off. You need simply relax, you should feel extremely hungry, but if you eat at all while the serum is stil in your veins you'll relapse, and possibly worse than before. The worst thing that could possibly happen as long as you follow the rules are nausea headaches and fever. Generally you'll feel like you have a cold, which needless to say you probably haven't experienced in awhile."

He was so glad. It hurt him to see her eyes unwillingly splash tears across her features. It rent his very soul to do the to her, and if she had attacked him he probably wouldnt have had the gall to kill her. She didnt know, but she had inadvertently saved the lives of eveyrone in this town.

He stood and walked over to his pack from which he removed the last of his traveler burritos and threw them out the window. He then shook a no fewer than six caffeine capsules into his hand and swallowed them.

His hand began to shake and he slammed it into a support beam. Then he let out a wry laugh.

"I should be able to stay up now eh?"

He then took a tac knife off of his harness slintered it straight through the window frame into the sill.

"Allright there kat... that door doesnt happen to lead to a washroom does it?"

He pointed to the door he had taken to be a closet.

"Because your probably going to wanna clean up, and i know i could use a shower.... but overall itd probably be good for you. You should be feeling weaker than a stalk of wheat right now. Just relax okay?"

His eyes filled with concern as he looked into hers. It hurt him so badly to know what she was going through.  

Noltic

SweetHugz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:15 pm
[Bad news guys, check the announcements section guys. >.< ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:54 pm
((Man... that doesnt make much sense.... if her account got hacked, wouldnt they have altered her account in someway? Like none of the stuff off her avi is gone. If it were me i would have at the least sold the summoning tome. I dunno just sayin, its kinda weird.))  

Noltic

Gail Akriest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:07 pm
Akiera, knowing it was no longer in his hands, backed off and went down the stairs. tala's probably gone to the bar... He reached the bottom of the stairs and the entrance of the bar when he heard the voice say "Move and your dead. Call out, make a move, and I'll slit this across the vital cord in the back of your neck." He froze. what?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:17 am
[Lol, I never been hacked before so I don't know.]

SweetHugz

Gail Akriest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:18 pm
((... it might be that they're planning on using her account as a main account... you know, just transfer their stuff over to hers. Or to discredit her... I dunno. Course... It could also just be a bid for attention on her part, but... again, Dunno.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:39 pm
((Well, if you don’t recognize me, it’s Jinx. This is my temporary account until I get my other one back. sweatdrop Sorry about being gone so long!))
~~~~

Kat shivered at his touch. It was comforting to know that he was going to be there for her, but almost dreamlike in the same tense. It left her asking herself, …Is this real?

She twitched her nose, which suddenly felt tingly. She closed her eyes, inhaled greatly, and sneezed. Laughing now, she managed to say, “Hell, I can deal with hunger. But you’re right, I haven’t been sick in a while. I even forgot what a sneeze feels like!”

She smiled at Nich, suddenly feeling very grateful to him. She realized what risk this put him at… what a chance he was willing to take for her. I hope he knows… that I would repay the favor. The first person I really have learned to care for, very much so at that. Nich… know this… I’d die for you.

Kat shook herself out of her blissful infinity in time to see him bolt down the caffeine pills. “Just don’t go bouncing off the walls. We don’t need another crazy person in here.”

She motioned to the door he pointed to. “Yeah, I warn you though, there’s not a lot of hot water.” She gazed at her knees, and then, clutching the bedpost, she staggered to a standing position. “I think I’ll just wash my face.” The smell of pines and the outdoors still lingered about her, but it was soothing to her, almost a last reminder of the place she once considered home.

Cabochon

Gail Akriest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:16 pm
(No worries, we can wait.))

Akiera chanced a glance around the corner to see the girl from before holding a knife to the back of Tala's neck. what... but how did she get in without me hearing her?!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:49 pm
[[Sorry I haven't been online in weeks.. computer has completely died as well as the internet, I'll try and get on more often]]
Tala sat very still. She sensed Akiera coming through the door to her left but she quickly made a motion with her hand to signal to him to not come in. The busy noises of the bar faded in her mind.
"Why don't we take this somewhere more private, sister of mine?" She said, slowly. She got up from the bar and leaving her drink behind her purposefully walked towards a door marked 'Private'. She walked in first and allowed Lucia to close the door behind her before she felt the pinprick of steel against her skin again.

"You murdered him."
"I did not want him dead."
"But he died at your order!" Lucia's face was angry, and her hand gripped the knife tightly, as well as her gun in her other hand.  

Squiggle~Me`Penguins

Gail Akriest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:59 pm
(Don't worry about it. we can wait.)

Akiera bit his lip at the hand signal, but did as she wished. Though when they went into the private room he move to stand just outside the door to the left. Akiera wasn't going to let Tala be the only one to die if things turned out badly. She was still, in essence, his only friend.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:11 pm
Nich sighed as he watched her make her way to the washroom. She seemed really shaky, and he could tell then just how innocent she was. She had felt the presence of her strong DNA for a long time, and had grown accustomed to it, but under the outward strength she was still so young, young naive, and blissful.

Young, and he loved it about her.

He went into the bathroom and leant on the door frame.

"Sorry if this is awkward, but i have to watch you... there are too many unfortunate things that could happen.
"

He laughed at the thoughts that waved into his mind..

"I geuss that means im gonna have to stay smelly for awhile, unless youd like to accompany me into the shower..."

His smile split his features, and he felt genuinely pleased... it was a retro experience, but none that he hadnt expected.  

Noltic

Squiggle~Me`Penguins

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:18 am
There was a pause, and the sound of a creak outside the door. "Take your weapons out and put them on the table." She spoke expressionless. Tala reached into her coat and took her only weapon, a short dirk from her belt and placed it gently on the table. Lucia stepped forward and picked it up, examining it closely before throwing it back onto the table with a clatter. She turned angrily towards her. "You stole that from mother!" She was almost shouting now. Tala regarded her cooly."She gave it too me Lucia. On our 16th birthday." Tala looked away. "The day father gave you a license to kill." She heard something creak outside the door again, and looked up sharply. She knew Lucia couldn't have missed it that time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:51 pm
Kat struggled to keep her balance, trying desperately hard not to fall. He must think I’m so frail… I’m usually not like this. I’m all sore, like I’ve been beat up or something. She stepped into the bathroom, heading towards the sink. She repeatedly splashed handfuls of the cool water on her face. It was refreshing and oddly chilling. It’s so cold… I used to be so hot all the time.

The water blurring her eyes, she blindly reached for a towel. Dabbing her face dry, she looked up at Nich in the doorway. A pleasant sight to gaze upon indeed. “Hmm? Oh, I don’t mind you watching, considering the things I’ve gotten myself into.”

She chuckled, though to her, the sound sounded like a raspy wheeze. She turned the faucet back on and drank from her hands. “Ah, that’s better. Come to think of it, I probably could use a shower as well. My days of living in the forest are over, so I shouldn’t smell like it.”

Whatever, she thought to herself. I can trust him. Now I know I can trust him.

Cabochon

Noltic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:05 pm
His face looked like it couldnt make up its mind whether to be surprised or smiling. Overall it acheived a look of uncomfortable horror. His stutter came back instantaneously and he held his hands before him in surprise.

"W-woah there... i-i-i n-never really meant anything like that... I-I was kidding. C-c-cmon... I dont think ive evr even really t-touched a girl before unless it was the last thing she was gonna touch."

He looked down at the floor and scratched his head. In an attempt to to regain his composure he scratched his arm and shoulder.

"Allright, not to be offensive, but i was by no means serious. So either you were bluffing to set me off my guard, which by the look of you i doubt, or you werent kidding. In which case... well..."

He burst into laughter...

"... Im completely unprepared.'

He chuckled still after his laughter subsided at the sheer oddity of the situation. His pack held everything hed need to survive in any place on the planet, and this girl had completely disarmed any and all of his composure in an instant.

"Your truly amazing you know that?"  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games