Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
The Path to Sin (Ikken Isshu + Griselda Banks) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:22 pm
Eddora touched her chin with one finger, nodding thoughtfully as they spoke, until Aer’s final comment. “Other means…?” She frowned at Aer for a few moments, confused, but as her mind flitted over other ways of paying, she thought she understood.

Ed snorted, though she didn’t nudge Aer in the ribs. “You really think he’d be interested in that? What would be the point? And even if he did, it’d be your job to protect me, right? The way you’re acting now, I think I can trust you with that, at least. Anyway,” she continued briskly, “Cal’s right; we’re pretty desperate for a boat. The only other way off this island at this point is Valefor, and I’m not going to do that. It’s either that, or take passage on this guy’s boat. He’s obviously the better choice. Even if he is an expert at sucking up.”  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:12 pm
Aer grunted, but Calaman just looked confused, and none too pleased about it.

"Now you're both doing it," he complained. "What are we supposed to protect you from? That sailor?"

Aer rolled his eyes. "We'll tell you when you're older," he said simply, and started back toward the boat.

Calaman turned back to Eddora. "What...? Oh, never mind. I suppose we're taking the offer, then? We'd better get going, then, before another summoner notices that there's a way off this island." He glanced back up at the temple, suddenly feeling guilty about the way he'd phrased that. "They've rebuilt so many times, haven't they? They can handle it. Right?"

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Eddora glanced at Calaman, considered telling him, then decided against it. She strode back towards Rogan at Aer's side, and for a moment she wondered if this was what it felt like to be married and have a fourteen-year-old son...but then she shoved such a silly notion aside.

"They've been building and rebuilding for almost a thousand years," she told Calaman over her shoulder. "I'm pretty sure they can handle it. We'll do them all much more good if we hurry up with this pilgrimage and get rid of Sin."

Rogan, who had been watching them converse with an amused smile, pushed away from the doorpost he had been leaning against and looked expectantly at Eddora. "We're taking you up on your offer," Ed announced, crossing her arms and looking sternly at Rogan, just in case Aer had been right.

Completely unperturbed, Rogan flashed them a grin and clapped his hands together. "Excellent! Well, I better get the Fayth ready to sail, then!"

Ed let her arms fall back to her sides in surprise. "The what?"

"The Fayth! My ship! See, it's the perfect vessel for you, My Lady! Very appropriately named! Well, take ten, then meet me over there." He pointed towards a clump of still-standing trees close to the water's edge. "I never tie her up at the harbor, and I guess that's a good thing, eh?" With a wink, he walked briskly away towards the trees.

Eddora watched him leave with raised eyebrows. "Interesting name for a ship."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:30 am
((Bwa ha ha ha!

You
...for a moment she wondered if this was what it felt like to be married and have a fourteen-year-old son...but then she shoved such a silly notion aside.

Unfortunately, the network seized on that idea faster than a pack of hyenas on a rotting corpse (bad metaphor? Probably!) and decided to see whether they could market The Path to Sin: The Sitcom! (Oh, gawd...)

THE PILOT
AER: [Entering] Honey, I'm home!

EDDORA: [Sighs loudly] When is he going to admit that we never had a wedding? He keeps calling me 'honey'...

[CALAMAN enters.]

AER: Calaman! Our son is back from the great war!

EDDORA: Good. Hopefully now that he's here, I can uncross my legs without fear.

CALAMAN: What?

AER: Eddora! Don't say that in front of Calaman!

EDDORA: He doesn't understand anyway. You'd think he would, as obsessed with battle as he is. Don't fighting obsessions and male chauvinism go hand in hand?

AER: Not necessarily. I'm a chauvinist, and I'm not obsessed with battle. I'm obsessed with you, and you're almost a one-person battle every time you're on screen, but that's not the same thing at all.

CALAMAN: Dad?

AER: Yes, son?

CALAMAN: Where do babies come from?

AER and EDDORA: ...We'll tell you when you're older.

We'll make millions. twisted ))

Calaman pursed his lips and nodded to Eddora's remarks about Kilika. She was right, of course. They could hardly justify staying here and helping, not when Sin might return and undo the work at any moment.

That made him stop and think, in dangerous veins for a guardian to be thinking. Sin would come back anyway. It always did... so why bother rebuilding? If Sin couldn't be eradicated completely...

But what about the Eternal Calm? People whispered about it, told fanciful stories about the day when it would come, but... Was it really possible? If it was, then shouldn't that be what they were striving for? Why were they wasting their time on the pilgrimage when they could be figuring out how to get rid of Sin?

He brooded over this for a while, and paid only enough attention to his surroundings to stay near Eddora; Aer went directly to the cluster of trees and sat with his back to one, eyes on the sky.  

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:42 pm
(( *cue laugh track* rofl ))

Eddora rolled her eyes at Aer. He's probably sitting there to make sure Rogan doesn't try to flirt with me or something, she thought. Sometimes she hated being a woman.

Turning resolutely away from Aer, she looked out over the ruin of Kilika Village. A small number of relatively unharmed villagers were picking their way through the debris, trying to begin to make some order out of all this destruction. Some stood in the ruined shells of their homes, gazing about themselves dazedly. Others knelt, clutching valued heirlooms that Sin had shattered.

Ed turned in a slow circle, until she faced Calaman. His eyes were unfocused, staring straight ahead, his expression pensive. "What's up?" she asked. "You look spaced out."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:33 pm
((Starring:

Keira Knightley as Eddora!
Christian Bale as Aer! (Perhaps.)
Hayden Christensen as Calaman! (So he's almost 30. Your point?)

Also featuring:

Tim Curry as Oebr! (No compromising on this one. Curry or no deal.)
Erika and Dane Christensen as Yachesa and Yachesen!
Cameron Diaz as Maryllis!
Henry Ian Cusick as Kenan!
Robin Brockway as Yalan! (Maybe.)
Jensen Ackles as Luseik!
Kevin Grevioux as Satiyen! (Oh yeah. That's right.)

And I have no idea who to cast for the kids, including Keskes. confused I don't follow child actors, so I wouldn't know. stare

You have no idea how long that took me. Yeah, I got bored. But casting roles for movies that will never be is fun. razz Me and my friends sometimes get bored and do it for books we like. And sometimes we even cast better roles for movies that we think needed better actors. xd

That reminds me, I have a theory that every movie in existence would be made better by the presence of Tim Curry. Prove me wrong. There is not a Tim Curry-less film that Tim Curry could not improve. xd ))

Calaman blinked a few times, staring at Eddora before he remembered what she had said. "Oh - I'm just thinking." He paused, then laughed. "A rare occurrence, I know. I'm just thinking about... Sin. About the..." He trailed off, and figured there was no harm in saying it, "...Eternal Calm."

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:49 pm
((Nevermind!

Garrett Hedlund as Calaman!))

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 am
(( rofl Dude, the funniest part of that post was that it was almost entirely your casting ideas xd And the thought of Kiera Knightley as Eddora is infinitely hilarious. I can just imagine her stomping around yelling, "Let's drink some more sake, guys!" rofl ))

"The Eternal Calm, huh?" Ed sighed and looked to the horizon. For a moment, she felt the weight of a thousand years of death on her shoulders, the immense responsibility that every summoner undertook. And she felt incredibly old. By the age of fourteen, she had seen more than anyone would wish to see in a lifetime. But she was not alone; Spira was full of people like her. Children old beyond their years, taking up these responsibilities that no one person should have to bear.

Calaman was one of those children, she knew. She could see it in his eyes, in his face - so smooth and youthful, yet so solemn at the same time. He should be trying to win the heart of some girlfriend or something, she thought sadly. Not protecting a woman twice his age and having to witness death over and over. But that was the way life was in Spira.

And that was why they had to get rid of Sin in the first place.

"Do you think the Eternal Calm is possible?" she murmured. "Do you think there will be a day when this spiral of death will end?"

As if to punctuate her words, villagers began to unearth bodies amongst the rubble and lay them side by side on the beach. Ed could see Yalan and Kenan speaking with an old village elder, and she could tell that they were making arrangements to perform the Sending. She was glad she would be leaving soon, even if that did make her a coward.

((Woah. My post ended up being a lot more introspective than I was anticipating, but whatever. Now I'm gonna go research those actors you listed and imagine The Path to Sin: The Movie!))  

Griselda Banks

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:33 am
((Bwa ha ha ha ha! And you should try casting some roles of your own, 'cause I know I must have missed a bunch. And if you find better ones than the ones I picked, let me know. 3nodding

Ogod. I thought I replied, like, yesterday, but it turns out I hadn't even read it till today. confused I'm very sorry, it's been, like... almost two weeks. confused That's very bad of me. emo ))

Calaman brooded for a few seconds more, but then glanced over and saw Eddora staring at the bodies. His furrowed brow rose, and he blinked.

"Oh," he said suddenly, "uh, we should be going, don't you think? The 'fisherman' will be waiting for us."

((I'm envisioning a conflict between Oebr and the Fayth and possibly Luseik, but I'm having trouble keeping it continuous with the story (Luseik was fighting the battle, while Oebr was up in the Cloister, making it rather difficult for them to interact). I'm sorry for the short post after such a long wait, but you may anticipate a very long one coming up. Hopefully that can compensate? emo ))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:41 pm
((Eventually. ninja ))

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:37 pm
((<_<))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:52 pm
((Lulz. If you didn't say anything, I wouldn't have noticed about your delay in posting, because I've been gone for a week (or so). I have three words for you: Anime Festival Wichita 3nodding My first anime con, yay! And since I'm still reeling from the awesomeness of it, I couldn't be angry with you if I tried xd

Anyway, here's some of my casting:
Robert Pattinson as Aer!
Jason Isaacs as Oebr! (lol, I know you said there was no compromising on Oebr, but Isaacs is my favorite for slippery evil types. He'd probably make a good Seymour, actually.)
Freddie Highmore as Keskes! (or Mulogo; I hate Freddie Highmore with a passion, so I had to put him on the list. Incidentally, I hate Kiera Knightley too xd )
Josh Hutcherson as Jalisat!
Abigail Breslin as Marceil!
Jeremy Irons as Kenan! (Irons would also make an awesome Auron.)
Renee Zellweger as Venez!

aaand...Johnny Depp as Rogan! rofl (you know I had to)

Okay, humor aside now. (That was so unbelievably fun, though!) Conflict between fayth, Oebr, and Luseik, huh? I'm curious, though I'd rather be surprised, so I won't ask anything. Should prove interesting, though!))

Eddora shook herself, wrenching her eyes away from the chilling sight of the bodies. "You're right," she murmured, chiding herself for harboring such thoughts. She had to stay focused, for Spira's sake.

Ed took a calming breath and started walking along the planks to the trees where Aer still sat. She was within hailing distance when she noticed a familiar form walking in the opposite direction. It was Venez, walking wearily with her shoulders slumped. She fumbled with something at her belt, then drew it out and revealed it to be a small dark bottle. At first Ed thought it was sake, and she was about to ask for a taste when she saw the word printed on the side of the bottle: 'Ether'. Venez drained the bottle and pocketed it, though it didn't make her look any less weary.

"Hey!" Ed cried as a sudden thought hit her. "You're a white mage, right?"

Venez looked up in surprise. "Um...yeah?"

Grinning triumphantly around at her guardians, Ed said, "That's exactly what we need in this entourage; I've never had much skill with white magic, and neither do Cal or Aer. Why don't you join us?"

Venez looked astonished, though Ed couldn't see why; her logic was perfectly sound! "B-But...the village! My work here!"

Ed waved those worries aside. "Bah! You'll be doing them all a lot more good on a pilgrimage! Come on!" Paying no heed to Venez's continued protests, Ed grabbed her by the arm with an unyielding grip and steered her over to the ship.

Or, more accurately, the boat. Rogan stood on the deck of what seemed to be a souped-up fishing boat, with one slender mast, patched sails, and a tiny cabin. It didn't even look like there was much of a hold. The only part of the boat that wasn't covered with years of grime was the figurehead beneath the bowsprit. Most of the figureheads Eddora had seen depicted sea birds or beautiful ladies, but this one looked like a serpent coiled around the bowsprit, its mouth opened wide to reveal long, pointed fangs. Painted messily along the side of the boat was the name, 'Fayth'. This is what we're sailing to Luca in? Ed thought incredulously.

"All aboard!" Rogan called out cheerfully. "You might want to hurry if you want to leave before the tide's out, Milady."

"Can't you at least let me say goodbye first?" Venez asked tentatively.

That snapped Ed out of her incredulous inspection of the Fayth. "No!" she said briskly. "You heard the man! Onto the boat!"  

Griselda Banks

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:29 am
((Bump?))  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:52 pm
((<_< Tim Curry HAS to be in this movie. Although having Malfoy in it would be awesome... Still, I think our audience would LOL if Curry appeared as the wry and cunning antagonist-summoner. How about Isaacs for... Um... An as-of-yet not introduced villain! >_>

Short post for the guardians, but that's because I focused so much on the promised-drama post.))

This is what we're sailing to Luca in? Calaman thought incredulously upon seeing the boat. He waited for the others to board before climbing in, and quickly found a place to sit near the stern, unwilling to trust his legs on such a small craft.

~

This is what we're sailing to Luca in? Aer thought incredulously. But he followed Venez and Eddora into the boat, Calaman close behind. Aer moved to the prow and stared out ahead. "To Luca!"

~

As the presence of Sin became apparent, Oebr took advantage of the confusion to slip inside the Cloister unnoticed. Kusefora and his lackeys had just left, and Oebr was inclined to think he had heard the roar of an Aeon charging out of the cloister; Luseik, then, utilizing his new Aeon to get to the conflict quickly. Oebr snorted to himself and entered the inner sanctum.

The sudden darkness blinded him, and he cursed under his breath while he waited for his vision to adjust. But just as he thought he could make out dim shapes, something flared to life before him. A sphere, it seemed, on a pedestal. He reached out to grasp the flaming gem...

~

Yachesa trailed slightly behind her usual position at Oebr's right shoulder, but a casual observer wouldn't have noticed; she was only a few inches behind her typical spot, in any case. She knew that such inches could cost valuable seconds in a battle, but she wasn't worried. After all, Sin was out there. What could be in here that was worse than sin?

The darkness was sudden, but her eyes adjusted quickly. They always did. One of the benefits of the connection shared between her and her brother was that they each drew strength from the other - without diminishing the other's strength. Both of the Nehkriludrian siblings had increased stamina, strength, and more, thanks to that connection. But when the sphere in the pedestal flared to life, it caught her off guard.

Something was wrong, she realized of a sudden, and cursed herself for trailing behind. Oebr stepped forward to grasp the sphere... and the moment he touched it, its light extinguished.

Oebr cursed again in the dark. Yachesa squinted. It was even darker than before. She could vaguely make out her summoner and brother, but aside from that, she was blind.

A light appeared in the darkness, held in Yachesen's hand. White and steady, Yachesa didn't know exactly what spell he was using, but it illuminated the room in a hazy glow.

Yachesa, he said softly. I don't trust this place. With Sin outside and the Fayth full of unrest, it can't be safe... Why don't we go back to Macalania? It was so peaceful. Back when we were children. Back when we were separate...

He raised a hand to stop her from speaking. Yachesa. You love me, don't you? It's why you did what you did, to save me.

Yachesa nodded, the old emotions welling up inside her again. How she loved feeling these emotions, painful as they were. It was so rare that she felt anything anymore. But she knew it was worse for Yachesen... Emotion was a memory for him, nothing more. That was why she was sworn to protect him with her life, to take care of him... She'd already failed him once, by allowing him to contract that disease, whatever it was, that had eaten away at his mind. She would not fail him again. She would fail Oebr before she would let her brother down.

Yes, we are loyal to each other, aren't we? Oebr is just an interloper. He means nothing to us. Why did we ever throw our lot in with him?

Yachesa shook her head. "I don't know," she whispered.

"What?" Oebr turned his head. "What was that, Yachesa?"

Let's get rid of him. Here, in the dark. You can dispose of the body with your magic. No one need ever know. And then everything can be the way it was.

Yachesa nodded. The dagger at her waist fit into her hand as if it had been made for her. The blade lifted into the air behind Oebr, and then began its slow arc downward...

A pair of glittering golden eyes appeared in the darkness ahead, and Yachesa froze, terrified. No...

The plume of flame that spouted from the darkness was all that was needed to announce the presence of Ifrit. Yachesa lowered her dagger, bared her teeth in hatred and rage, and threw herself at the Aeon before the others even knew what was happening.

((I'll continue that later; I think I know how it will pan out, but I'd like to take a break and think it over before finishing the scene. Luseik will be there, no worries. ;D And of course, Yachesa will be filled with remorse over what the Fayth almost made her do.))

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:02 pm
((Okay, lol. Works for me. Tim Curry's smile cracks me up, though. Also, lol at the three of them all thinking the exact same thing about the boat xd And as if I haven't loled enough already, I just realized something. Nekhriludrians, huh? rofl Okay, I'm done now.))

"Please - Milady Summoner-" Venez began as Eddora steered her towards the boat, but Eddora cut her off.

"Nope! I hereby accept you as my guardian, lady, so you're not going anywhere, okay? Now, come on!"

Venez finally succumbed to the inevitable and stepped onto the Fayth, though she looked back longingly at the island behind them. As soon as they were all on board, Rogan hauled up the anchor, which also seemed to be in the shape of a serpent (of course, Ed might have been mistaken, as it was heavily tangled in seaweed). Almost immediately, the sails billowed with a sudden breeze, and the boat sailed away from the shore. They picked up speed as they left the island behind, and soon they were bobbing along at a good pace.

Ed sat down on a coil of rope with a grimace, hoping she wouldn't get seasick. She didn't normally, but then she usually traveled on larger ships. Rogan bustled around, whistling the Hymn of the Fayth cheerfully as he trimmed the sails and adjusted their course slightly. Ed was surprised at how quickly they were moving, the island shrinking away at an almost alarming pace, the sails straining in the swift breeze - but then, she didn't know much about sailing.

Venez sat down at Ed's side with a sigh, crossing her arms. "I still don't see why you wanted me to come so quickly. None of you seems to be hurt too badly."

"Yeah, well." Ed shared a meaningful look with her other guardians. "We seem to attract quite a few injuries, don't we?"

((hint hint xp ))  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games