Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:51 pm
Chaos Blue
I didn't, I was asking if it was.
Not seeing any reason to think such myself.

How about this- since you posted it, why do you think it is one of the worst things a pagan could say?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:13 pm
TeaDidikai
Chaos Blue
I didn't, I was asking if it was.
Not seeing any reason to think such myself.

How about this- since you posted it, why do you think it is one of the worst things a pagan could say?

It's one of the worst things a pagan could say because none of it really makes any sense. It makes me wonder what sources she had been reading or who she has been talking to for her to come to the conclusion that you need to be under an apprenticeship to become a magician. Wiccan. Wizard. Thingy.
It also makes me wonder if this is what she earnestly believes, or if she's just coming up with words off the top of her head.

Chaos Blue

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:20 pm
Chaos Blue
It's one of the worst things a pagan could say because none of it really makes any sense.
confused It not making sense to you makes it bad?

Quote:
It makes me wonder what sources she had been reading or who she has been talking to for her to come to the conclusion that you need to be under an apprenticeship to become a magician.
She specified Wiccan Magician. In which case, the answer would be Gardner.
Quote:

Wiccan. Wizard. Thingy.
She specifically addressed that Wizard isn't an appropriate term for the Wiccans.

Quote:
It also makes me wonder if this is what she earnestly believes, or if she's just coming up with words off the top of her head.
Why? Because you're unfamiliar with it?

This strikes me as being a pretty good example of why people should give the benefit of the doubt to something before they judge it.

After all, Gardner used the term Magician. It's used in Ceremonial Magic a fair bit as well. She went out of her way to state that the term Wizard isn't appropriate as a title, and that one must learn from a teacher- which is basically true for the Wica.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:29 pm
Namikikyo

I died a little on the inside. Everything she has ever posted on youtube is.. it's just needs to stop. gonk

In response to this: Worst thing to say as a pagan:

I'm apprenticed to this b***h.

OR!

I'm apprenticed to Oberon Zell-Ravenheart.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:50 pm
TeaDidikai
Chaos Blue
It's one of the worst things a pagan could say because none of it really makes any sense.
confused It not making sense to you makes it bad?

No.

TeaDidikai
Quote:
Why? Because you're unfamiliar with it?

This strikes me as being a pretty good example of why people should give the benefit of the doubt to something before they judge it.

After all, Gardner used the term Magician. It's used in Ceremonial Magic a fair bit as well. She went out of her way to state that the term Wizard isn't appropriate as a title, and that one must learn from a teacher- which is basically true for the Wica.

I understand that. And just because I'm unfamiliar with it doesn't mean I denounce it entirely. Yes, she does mention Gerald Gardener. She mentions, however, in another video that Wicca is Earth-based. She also mentions that she is a Wiccan High Priestess. I haven't seen any proof of this claim. So why can't I deduct that what she might be telling the public are lies? (also this ) .  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:37 pm
Chaos Blue
I understand that. And just because I'm unfamiliar with it doesn't mean I denounce it entirely.
Then why did you post that link?
Quote:
She mentions, however, in another video that Wicca is Earth-based.
She might have justification for that. We'd have to listen to her explanation. If that was the offending link, why not post that one to begin with?
Quote:

She also mentions that she is a Wiccan High Priestess. I haven't seen any proof of this claim. So why can't I deduct that what she might be telling the public are lies?
Because it's a logical fallacy. You also haven't seen any proof she isn't a HPS.

Basically, it's a short step from making assumptions based on what is not said and turning into a mindless parrot repeating everything you hear on this board and expecting people to blindly agree with you.

Be thoughtful. That's all. You might be right. But to mock someone before you know you're right is foolish.  

TeaDidikai

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:22 am
TeaDidikai

Be thoughtful. That's all. You might be right. But to mock someone before you know you're right is foolish.

Well put.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:23 am
"But how can you be pagan if you don't have any gods?!"

Face -> Desk  

Recursive Paradox

SuperOtaku

Anxious Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:23 am
"But I saw it on Scooby Doo! Her x was a Wiccan, so Thorne is a Wiccan too!"

Watch Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost if you don't understand. sweatdrop
They throw Wiccan around like it's an actual bloodline, and they're pure happy happy luff.

WITCHES ARE BAD MMKAY? Always.

Also... the lady in that video creeps me out. Barring anything she says, she's just... so... motherly-acting to the point that it's creepy and weird? sweatdrop

I wouldn't mind some of the shinies in the background, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:24 am
SuperOtaku
"But I saw it on Scooby Doo! Her x was a Wiccan, so Thorne is a Wiccan too!"

Watch Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost if you don't understand. sweatdrop
They throw Wiccan around like it's an actual bloodline, and they're pure happy happy luff.

WITCHES ARE BAD MMKAY? Always.

Also... the lady in that video creeps me out. Barring anything she says, she's just... so... motherly-acting to the point that it's creepy and weird? sweatdrop

I wouldn't mind some of the shinies in the background, though.

>__>

Barring the overwhelming fluff, I like that movie. Then, I like most of the new-ish Scooby Doo movies.  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:25 am
All pagans have to follow the Read [sic]! If they don't how can they be moral people?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:18 pm
In reference to this DVD:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As a pagan, I just find this so incredibly saddening. Is there nothing on this earth that people won't corrupt?!
[anecdote about friend asking for love potion in middle school] Pagan rituals don't work that way, and are NEVER supposed to be used to manipulate people.
[T]hat is terrible. Why do people insist on interfering with people's free will? Why?

After being told not all Pagans are all white-light don't-hurt-anyone (the first person):
Quote:
Eek! there are pagans who don't hold that belief? Yet more of my faith in humanity has gone, never to return.

Head, meet desk. Forcefully.  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Calixti

Quote:
Eek! there are pagans who don't hold that belief? Yet more of my faith in humanity has gone, never to return.

Head, meet desk. Forcefully.
I know the feeling.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 pm
Quote:
First of all, not to be rude, Wicca actually comes from a Latin word to mean nature so to be wiccan is to be one with nature or to worship nature,

stressed

If someone has the actual OED, I'd really appreciate it.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 pm
too2sweet
Quote:
First of all, not to be rude, Wicca actually comes from a Latin word to mean nature so to be wiccan is to be one with nature or to worship nature,

stressed

If someone has the actual OED, I'd really appreciate it.
You don't want the OED. Well, you do, but not the one you think. You want the Oxford Etymological dictionary. That's what'll tellyou that the word is ******** OLD ENGLISH AND NOT LATIN IN THE LEAST, WHAT THE ********? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games