Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:02 pm

dude thats only the ones the show on the map. The stuff on mars alone would pwn you
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:02 pm

Cagalli Yura Attha
shinji4kaworu
Mat
they do not own an emperor class the mechanicus would go to war with you to get that back. They would bring all their nifty Ordinatus Engine and stuff to

Doubtful... They own about 5 Forge Worlds... Monopoly 40K! I wanna be the Land Raider! gonk
that's the fluff exploit I mentioned. surprised Even though Titans are governed by their OWN legions.. If marines inhabit a forge world, they'll have access to their own unique pattern of warhound class, warlord class, reaver class, and emperor class Titans.
What're they gonna do, smuggle one off in the trunk of a land raider? confused

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

The Death Masque

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:03 pm

Cagalli Yura Attha
shinji4kaworu
Mat
they do not own an emperor class the mechanicus would go to war with you to get that back. They would bring all their nifty Ordinatus Engine and stuff to

Doubtful... They own about 5 Forge Worlds... Monopoly 40K! I wanna be the Land Raider! gonk
that's the fluff exploit I mentioned. surprised Even though Titans are governed by their OWN legions.. If marines inhabit a forge world, they'll have access to their own unique pattern of warhound class, warlord class, reaver class, and emperor class Titans.

Did I do a good thing? Or a bad thing? O_o
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:05 pm

DarkElf27
Cagalli Yura Attha
shinji4kaworu
Mat

you don't get it..?
Okay, there are two known patterns of Warhound. Lucius, made on Gryphonne, and Mars made on.. um.. well, Mars. If one was on a different forge world, they would have their own pattern for warhound. If that forge world were MARINE owned... Then they'd probably work alongside that world's Titan Legions, and as such be able to call on them in other battles. Although Titans, being huge, are rarely transported away from their planet of origin. xd

Cagalli Yura Attha

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:07 pm

Cagalli Yura Attha
DarkElf27
Cagalli Yura Attha
shinji4kaworu
Mat

you don't get it..?
Okay, there are two known patterns of Warhound. Lucius, made on Gryphonne, and Mars made on.. um.. well, Mars. If one was on a different forge world, they would have their own pattern for warhound. If that forge world were MARINE owned... Then they'd probably work alongside that world's Titan Legions, and as such be able to call on them in other battles. Although Titans, being huge, are rarely transported away from their planet of origin. xd
Thats my point. Hey! Thats an idea! Why dont they put aBIG Warp engine on a Forgeworld, and use that as an invasion 'fleet'?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:09 pm

or they could aquire a titan the same way the space wolves acquired their battleship

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Death Masque

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:10 pm

Mat
or they could aquire a titan the same way the space wolves acquired their battleship

And they did that how? confused
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:13 pm

Anyway, I'm off for now. Seey'all.

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Cagalli Yura Attha

Mat
no, Titan Legions are very strict on the use of Titans. Each battle has to be sanctioned. Capture or salvage are NOT options. It must be destroyed completely. The only chaos ones are daemonic. as in non-salvageable.

The ship was taken by heretics, the space wolves killed them and claimed the ship as a war trophy

Now a titan could be taken by a priceps for the traitor legions "like in the Titan comics" and then marines could take it over and claim it as a war trophy

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Death Masque

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:17 pm

DarkElf27
Anyway, I''m off for now. Seey''all.

See ya.

I asked one of the satff at my local (a competant staff member) and he said if they were a machine god worshipping chapter they could have one. So I asked him what if they owned a Forge world, and he said they could definatly have a Titan if the the forge was theirs. I said no problem as the Arch Angels own about 5 of them. xd He also laughed, but he didn''t object to what I said.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:19 pm

Cagalli Yura Attha
Mat
no, Titan Legions are very strict on the use of Titans. Each battle has to be sanctioned. Capture or salvage are NOT options. It must be destroyed completely. The only chaos ones are daemonic. as in non-salvageable.

maybe if a titan was the sole survivor of it battle group

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:23 pm

Mat
Cagalli Yura Attha
Mat

Titans ARE a battle group. They're more strict than marines with respects to numbers. Unless it's REALLY needed, only ONE titan will ever be despatched.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:49 pm

Cagalli Yura Attha
Mat
Cagalli Yura Attha
Mat

Titans ARE a battle group. They're more strict than marines with respects to numbers. Unless it's REALLY needed, only ONE titan will ever be despatched.
Mm hmm. Why waste something so powerful when one is only needed?

Tojju

LightningLord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:23 pm

Cagalli Yura Attha
DarkElf27
Cagalli Yura Attha
shinji4kaworu
Mat

you don't get it..?

This makes me think about something I read in the Chaos Codex that makes me doubt that the Space Marines get their own titans. You see, Legions used to get entire, ENTIRE space fleets, super powered space fleets. Now my point is, after the Horus Heresy, legions were broken into Chapters, and they god s**t for ships in comparison, so that if they rebelled, they woudnt do as much damage.

My point is, (the real one) is that I think this goes for Titans aswell. No one wants a space marine chapter, (around 1k space marines) with a Titan. A chapter on a Forge World, would still have Mars Apothecaries or soemthing similar running around, and running the Titans... (Well lots of pilot dudes, and someone special needs to be found to run one, so they dont die when hooked up to it... its complicated...)
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games