Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:24 pm
User Image
User Image

Rosabella bit her lip in frustration when Tanya had evaded her steal. Oh well, the other chaser was more experienced than she was, and she wasn't being egotistical. "Thanks!" Bella called back to Tanya as the fifth year made her way towards the goalposts and attempted to score but failed. With enough time, Rosabella caught up to the others and caught the quaffle that was tossed to her. How odd, she never passed to me before, Bella thought; however, she didn't let her mind linger on that fact for too long. Taking off in the other direction, the fourteen year old spotted Dani and passed to her.

Team: Red
Armour Class: +16
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +6) (shooting quaffle +6)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll:
Scored: 0
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I wanna dance with somebody. I wanna feel the heat with somebody.
I wanna dance with somebody. With somebody who loves me.

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:25 pm
Weep for yourself, my man...
You'll never be what is in your heart.
Weep, little lion man...
You're not as brave as you were at the start.
Rate yourself and rake yourself...
Take all the courage you have left.
And waste it on fixing all the problems-
That you made in your own head!

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Sixth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Reserve Beater -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: ...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby could tell just from watching that the bludger was probably going to miss Leo, but Ronna still managed to intercept it and send it back his way. It slammed solidly into his left knee while he tried to dodge it, and he figured it was only pure luck that he didn't hear a crack. His knee was throbbing like hell, and he gritted his teeth as he decided to send a bludger, Rosabella, who'd come in late's, way.

Your grace is wasted on your face and your boldness stands alone among the wreck.

Position: Gold Team Beater
AC: 17
Mods: +7 Bludger Hits (-2 Due to Injuries, currently +5)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

But it was not your fault but mine!
And it was your heart on the line!
I really f***ed it up this time...
Didn't I, my dear?
Tremble for yourself, my man...
You know that you have seen this all before.
Tremble, little lion man...
You'll never settle any of your scores.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:28 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position: Seeker
Currently: SEARCHING FOR THE SNITCH

Chasing the Snitch: XX/3 (Need a 19 or above)
Catching the Snitch: XX/2 (Need a 22 or above)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julius's fingers tapped on the broom as he continued to scan the field from the snitch. It was bound to be somewhere, after all, and he had spotted it before. Patience right?

Quote:
Quote:

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:42 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: -1 due to injury (+6 for bludger hits)

ROLL TOTAL: 14 +6 = 20 (HIT, unless blocked in time)

Position: Beater (Red Team)
Aiming at: Tanya Cherri

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truth be told, Ronna was not impressed with Alex's repetitive lateness, and the petty side of her wished Alex and Rosabella hadn't been placed on her team so she could aim bludgers at the both of them. Especially Alex. Alex basically spent her entire entrance batting her eyes at Crash and kept looking to his approval with that gag worthy-so obvious flirting. Ronna really, really wanted to hit a bludger at the girl. Granted, Ronna was fully aware of the fact Crash was attractive-he was basically the epitome of a Gryffindor and of course there was the fact he was just so American. And, he was the first guy at Hogwarts she had, had a crush on. And there was the apple incident during her summer before her third year. Honestly, she might have still had a crush on him if she hadn't decided two years ago when she blurted out to him what happened to her father and he had that awkward look and then just bailed-as if he didn't trust her to keep it together or something. And, Toby was a really, really good kisser so she had gotten over it. Most of the many Gryffindor girls who had crushed on Crash moved on once he either remained too oblivious to the girl's feelings or the girl found some guy who worked better for her-for whatever reason. Not that Ronna ever suspected Crash of being a horrible person-she was sure whatever person he end up with (if he chose that route) would work out well enough for the other party, at least.

She sighed as she looked to Alex for a moment, and debated if Alex was still just attracted to Crash, or if she was really, really attracted to him and decided to finally take more active measures. Well, at least her break-up with Theo had been a while. Maybe the time gave her some more maturity about relationships. Maybe? Regardless, if that eye-batting worked completely in Alex's placement Ronna was confident she would strangle both Crash and Toby.

And speaking of Toby, she couldn't help but wince slightly as he failed to dodge her bludger and then missed the next bludger. He really did have awful luck. She decided as she aimed the next bludger-that maybe she should just lay off Toby for a while, knocking out the vice-captain probably looked bad. Instead she aimed at Tanya Cherri one of the stronger chasers over on the gold team.

Quote:

{OoC}  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:02 pm
User Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Since the day they got married
He'd been praying for a little baby boy
Someone he could take fishing
Throw the football, be his pride and joy

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

========================
Nina Kagome Vienna
Reserve Beater ♥ Single ♥ Second Year ♥ Gryffindor ♥ Muggleborn
========================

And now, he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet, little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American girl

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina watched as Alex blocked Tanya's shot. Great... The new arrival was able to block. Great. When the girl passed to Rosa, she shot forwards, ready to steal. That was when the girl passed. And Nina chuckled. She was so close, she grabbed it out of the air and turned around.

1/3

Position: Chaser Gold Team
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 Hit the Bludger -1 injury = +2
Special Skills: Mean swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ :3 ] [ :3 ] [ :3 ] [ 3: ]

╚═════════════════════╝

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

He could already see him holding that trophy
Taking his team to state
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket
All those big dreams changed

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

╔═════════════════════╗
I'm looking rather cute in my Tryout stuff
And it feels good to be with people like Gryffindor Team
Although my mind keeps wandering to Let's get this party Started!

╚═════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:52 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

'Did that just happen?' thought Dani as she saw Rosabella sling the Quaffle toward her. They were on opposing teams, and yet...

Before she could think to capitalize on the mistake, Nina snagged the malformed spheroid out of the air, and started to race back toward the goals Alex was defending.

Knowing the younger girl was likely to have the Quaffle snatched from her clutches, Dani positioned herself so she could be passed to, or move in to counter somebody else's attempt.

Gold Team Chaser

User Name: Graydon Ironshield
                                                      Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                      Year: Third
                                                      Years of Play: Two (Reserve Chaser One last season)
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Completed
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                      First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                      Second Position Choice: Seeker or Beater, whichever the team needs most.

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 14
                                                      Modifiers: +4 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle (-1 due to hit)
                                                      Lives: (X) (X) ()

OOC: Effect Value:

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Pitch - Quidditch Try-outs

Leonette was so confused about who passed to who. Luckily she wasn't distracted to the point that she moved out of the way of the bludger Toby aimed at her. The end result was Nina having possession of the ball. That's when Leonette took off after the younger girl. Reaching out she tried to grab hold of the quaffle for her team.

With: Gryffindors

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: Red Team - Chaser Bella, Alex, Celaena and Ronna
0/3 to Goal - Attempting Steal : Nina Total Roll: 14 (Success)
Modifiers: +7 AC, +7 Stealing, +7 Shooting,
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:39 pm
User Image

Stealing the ball back Leonette raced to the goals. She was glad to be back in it. Now she just needed to get back to the goal. If she could score it would certainly make the fifth year feel better about herself. Not that she wasn't okay with her performance thus far, just that it could be better... much better.

1/3 to Goal - Nina Total Roll: ---

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:13 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Ari watched the confusion unfold as the ball switched hands too many times to count and bludgers continued to fly around beating everyone up. The only important thing to Ari was Leo had the ball again and was now making her way towards her. Ari shook her head ready to defend the goal if no one could snag the quaffle away in time.

Gold Team's Keeper
Total:
Saves: 2, Misses: 0
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 Shooting, +2 Catching
Special Skills:Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]  
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:36 pm
Weep for yourself, my man...
You'll never be what is in your heart.
Weep, little lion man...
You're not as brave as you were at the start.
Rate yourself and rake yourself...
Take all the courage you have left.
And waste it on fixing all the problems-
That you made in your own head!

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Sixth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Reserve Beater -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: ...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby did have to wonder why his luck always seemed so crappy during tryouts. Honestly, he was lucky he was now vice captain and kinda had to make the team, otherwise he'd be dead in the water. He knew he could play well- he did much better in games, but when it came down to playing against his own team... He seemed to get the s**t beat out of him by his own bludgers more often that not. Toby missed the bludger he'd intended to send at Rosabella, and it smashed into his right arm instead. He had no idea what the damage was. He was afraid to look to see if it was dislocated. If it was dislocated he was gonna be pissed. That meant he'd have to try to pop it back in himself or make someone else do it. He wasn't going all the way to the infirmary with his shoulder halfway down his arm. He refused to look at for right now, and instead moved to defend Tanya and re-direct the bludger back at Ronna.

Your grace is wasted on your face and your boldness stands alone among the wreck.

Position: Gold Team Beater
Mods: +7 Bludger Hits (-3 Due to Injuries, currently +4)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

But it was not your fault but mine!
And it was your heart on the line!
I really f***ed it up this time...
Didn't I, my dear?
Tremble for yourself, my man...
You know that you have seen this all before.
Tremble, little lion man...
You'll never settle any of your scores.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:55 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya groaned as Alex caught the quaffle she had thrown. Gah, she couldn't catch a break! She spotted Bella with the ball and went after her before she was hit with a bludger by Ronna. Gasping a bit she tried to breathe threw the pain while instinctively knowing that she would have a bruise later. When she could breathe she saw that Nina had the quaffle and flocked besides her to protect only to see Leo come and snag the quaffle. Gritting her teeth she went after her friend with her arm out stretched to snag it back.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

Position: Gold Team Chaser
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 for Swiping -1 for Injury +6
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [To Goal: ~/3
Final Roll: 11

TryoutsWhere: Quidditch PitchWith: TeamThinking: This is our year!OOC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:25 pm
User Image

Dodging Tanya, Leonette advanced closer to the goals. Smiling as she sped off down the field the fifth year couldn't be happier. Flying at fast speeds she was almost to the goal where she would take that shot. Besides nothing felt better then flying whether it was just for transportation or a friendly game of Quidditch.

2/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:42 pm

This is the sea of life, and I'm drownin' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know I can swim, but feel like I keep sinkin' down in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx these waters and I can't breathe, I feel like I'm gon' blow it
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I can see people holdin' a life jacket but they won't throw it

User Image

Captain Crash
Seventh Year Gryffindor

[Gryffindor Try-Outs]

For the duration of the game, Crash hovered on his broom on the outskirts of the field, careful to keep out of the way of any of the players as they raced up and down the field. It was almost hard to keep track, but if he hadn't spent the last several years from one end of a pitch doing nothing but watching people, it probably would have been hell to tell who was who bolting in circles up there. The gryffindor fished for the wand kept safe in his pocket, brought it to his throat and muttered, ”Sonorus,”

”Heeeey! Stop what yall're doing! Come down for a quick break—”

Crash ended the spell quickly, then gave his wand another swish as he summoned the snitch and bludgers back into their respective homes, followed up with another summoning charm for a few healing potions and bottles of water. He meant to drag them out on the field, but had forgotten. His knapsack manifested with a shrill pop, the bottles clinked together as he set them out on the side of the field. After all of the players had arrived, had drank their fill and was ready to begin again, he called everyone to attention. ”Okay, this is the line up for the next drill, for the red team, you'll have Alexandria as keeper, Leonette and Rosabella will stay as chasers, and you're beaters are Ronna and Nina.

“I'll be keeping for the gold team, Celeana and Tanya are chasers, and Toby and Arianna are beaters. Danica, you'll go with Julius to practice seeking.”
                                                              He nodded. ”Righ', once yall're in position, I'll release the balls.”

Gold Keeper
                                                              L1 L2 L3
                                                              AC= 17
                                                              Mods= (+9 to block the quaffle) (+7 to flying)
                                                              Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                                              Total Roll:

[OOC: A new game has begun, the balls have been released for the toss up (again.) You can reset your skills and lives. See here for how to play quidditch.]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:42 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna continued to watch the Quaffle move closer to her goal carried by Leo. Tanya attempted to steal it away but missed. Leo was almost there but Ari was ready. She jumped a bit hearing Crash's voice everyone to stop. Ari followed everyone down to meet up. She glanced around at everyone they all looked a little banged up. The previous set of beaters had done a fantastic job.

After the short interlude the Captain dished out new positions. Though there were only a few changes. Ari was pulled from Keeping and was given a Beater position. She picked up the bat and swung it a couple of times feeling the weight and balance. She smiled at her fellow teammates, "I'll do my best." She had never played Beater before but she looked at it as a challenge like it was something new to learn and grow from. She kicked off the ground following everyone into the air all the while still swinging the bat.

Gold Team's Beater
Total:
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 Shooting, +2 Catching
Special Skills:Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 5, 4, 9, 5, 5, 1, 8, 2, 4 Total: 50 (10-100)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:55 pm
User Image
User Image

Only after passing the quaffle had Rosabella realized that Danica wasn't on her team. The fourteen year old's face flushed due to embarrassment. Someone kill me, she prayed. However, the chaser did as she was supposed to do and chased after the other team. How could I be so stupid? On the bright side, Leonette stole the quaffle back for their side; however, that didn't last long, for Crash called a break. Maybe a break was a good idea after all. Bella could at least take a moment to get her head in the game.

Flying down to the ground, Rosabella grabbed her water bottle and gulped about a quarter of it. Once the new teams were announced, Bella hopped on her broom and took off for the quaffle. Maybe she could fix her mistake by snatching the ball?

Team: Red
Armour Class: +16
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +6) (shooting quaffle +6)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll: 50
Scored: 0
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I wanna dance with somebody. I wanna feel the heat with somebody.
I wanna dance with somebody. With somebody who loves me.

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games