Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:41 am
Shizankoff
Masquanade
OMG guys check out the news from Okaton. Gaia house system, quest system, and guild gold being useable. On what? We're getting subforums (thank you god) and gaia housing.

Link here:
]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9635230

With the guild subfourms would each mod be incharge of a subfourm kinda like what we are doing with the avi contest?
haven't really thought about it
and I don't know if I would want to do that

I don't know how many subforums will be getting, or if they do cost money, how much will they cost. We may not end up getting a lot of subforums. But I'm aiming for at least woodwinds, brass, and percussion/misc to simply cover the basics and keep "general" discussion in the main forum. Unless someone has a better idea- like we instrument discussion, marching discussion, and so forth subforums.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:52 am
Masquanade
Shizankoff
Masquanade
OMG guys check out the news from Okaton. Gaia house system, quest system, and guild gold being useable. On what? We're getting subforums (thank you god) and gaia housing.

Link here:
]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9635230

With the guild subfourms would each mod be incharge of a subfourm kinda like what we are doing with the avi contest?

haven't really thought about it
and I don't know if I would want to do that

I don't know how many subforums will be getting, or if they do cost money, how much will they cost. We may not end up getting a lot of subforums. But I'm aiming for at least woodwinds, brass, and percussion/misc to simply cover the basics and keep "general" discussion in the main forum. Unless someone has a better idea- like we instrument discussion, marching discussion, and so forth subforums.
and then there are going to be the guild homes. i think once we get access to the money im gonna start donateing so i can have a cool room lol.  

Tubariffic
Captain

DiddleFreak61387

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:53 am
Either one sounds fine.... Or different ones like

Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:59 am
DiddleFreak61387

Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion

even if you want to go a step further we can make an administation subfourm if there free becuase we tend to get off topic so there can be a suggestions thread in it a chatterbox in it and like a disscussion thinger.  

Tubariffic
Captain

DiddleFreak61387

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:00 pm
Shizankoff
DiddleFreak61387

Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion

even if you want to go a step further we can make an administation subfourm if there free becuase we tend to get off topic so there can be a suggestions thread in it a chatterbox in it and like a disscussion thinger.

We deff need a get to know your mods sticky... with pictures and bios.... so people know what to expect.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:11 pm
DiddleFreak61387
Shizankoff
DiddleFreak61387

Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion

We deff need a get to know your mods sticky... with pictures and bios.... so people know what to expect.

with like one of those quizzes becuase there fun, thats what we did in PWA.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:25 pm
I don't think we're going to have unlimited subforums guys, and we do not need an admistration forum, and I don't really think we need a sticky about the mods . . . personally I dislike the whole:
Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion
idea- mostly becuase those are all very seasonal. though right now we're in marching season right now, by winter/spring- there isn't going to be much of conversation between those during the seaons it's not popular. That's why I sugested either:
Woodwinds
Brass
Percussion/Misc
or:
Instrument Discussion
Emsemble Discusion (which includes marching and concert)
and whatever

Or I don't know. I don't even know when subforums will be introduced. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:27 pm
Masquanade
I don't think we're going to have unlimited subforums guys, and we do not need an admistration forum, and I don't really think we need a sticky about the mods . . . personally I dislike the whole:
Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion
idea- mostly becuase those are all very seasonal. though right now we're in marching season right now, by winter/spring- there isn't going to be much of conversation between those during the seaons it's not popular. That's why I sugested either:
Woodwinds
Brass
Percussion/Misc
or:
Instrument Discussion
and whatever

do we even need subforums to, we seem to be doing just fine right now
(your name rhymes with lemonade ^_^)  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:34 pm
Shizankoff
Masquanade
Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion
Woodwinds
Brass
Percussion/Misc
or:
Instrument Discussion
and whatever

No we do not NEED subforums, but we could elimate a lot of the repeat threads.
I mean we could keep doing the whole "no repeat thread" thing with subforums, but we wouldn't have to enforce it as much. If we had a woodwind subforum- we could put the woodwind sectional threads in there, but then what? We could allow different threads about more specific topics with instruments, and such. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:54 pm
Masquanade
Shizankoff
Masquanade
Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion
Woodwinds
Brass
Percussion/Misc
or:
Instrument Discussion
and whatever

I mean we could keep doing the whole "no repeat thread" thing with subforums, but we wouldn't have to enforce it as much. If we had a woodwind subforum- we could put the woodwind sectional threads in there, but then what? We could allow different threads about more specific topics with instruments, and such. sweatdrop

yes that makes sence. so it would be a wood wind, brass, percussion subfourm. would there also have to be like a general subform for the regional threads and this
thread and general band discussion.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:19 pm
Shizankoff
Masquanade
Shizankoff
Masquanade
Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion
Woodwinds
Brass
Percussion/Misc
or:
Instrument Discussion
and whatever

yes that makes sence. so it would be a wood wind, brass, percussion subfourm. would there also have to be like a general subform for the regional threads and this

don't forget we have the main forum here, which is where general discussion is
but we'll worry about subforums when they're actually released. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:32 pm
Masquanade
Shizankoff
Masquanade
Shizankoff
Masquanade
Concert Band discussion
Marching Band Discussion
DCI/DCA Discussion
Woodwinds
Brass
Percussion/Misc
or:
Instrument Discussion
and whatever

don't forget we have the main forum here, which is where general discussion is
but we'll worry about subforums when they're actually released. sweatdrop

good point >< -is just stupid- tomorrow is first day of school so i will be on slightly less  

Tubariffic
Captain

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:28 pm
OMG. So the first day of classes (all 8 of them) in one day isn't fun, being used to the usual 4 a day. I'm just a bit scared for AP Euro, as we have at least 30+ pages of reading each night, or every other night with the block schedule. You say, that's not bad, 20 pages? Well, there's more to it. There's three or more questions that come with the reading for the night. You don't know which, but you better be able to answer all of them in essay form the next class.
Honors Chemistry sounds like it's going to be a blast, and I've very excited. It's going to be difficult.
The religion teacher scares me.
Spanish is going to be my only "blow-off" class, if you can even call it that. It's going to be my easiest class.
Honors Algebra 2 and Trig is scary right off the bat. With a name like that? But he did assign 30+ problems of homework on the first day.
Honors American Literature seems likes its going to be fun, but it's going to be pretty challenging with all the reading and essay writing.
Composition seems like enough fun judging by the teachers supposed summer experience. (He told us he was in a Fatboy Slim Music video in california and showed it to us. xd It's not him though, so he's got a sense of humor so that's good.)
Here's the kicker though, balancing that load of school work and water polo/swimming at the same time. sweatdrop That's what I'm worried about...And that's why my presence will be....not quite as frequent now that school has started. I'll probably hop on once in awhile after I finish my homework, which I did now and the weekends, but other than that not much. I don't get home until 7 anyways with waterpolo.
Anywho, I was just ranting a bit as to why I won't be on much. And now that I step back and take a look at everything, I guess it doesn't seem so bad. We'll just see what this year has in stock for me.

My 2 cents for the subforums:
If we're to have these subforums, and depending on how many we're alotted, we should try and make them the most popular topic type thingys...If that makes any sense. Like maybe we'd have a sectional/regional thread or something. And then a game subforum. Although you said you didn't like the concert/marching discussion because they're seasonal, I don't really think it's entirely that bad. When the season came, it would fill up, and when it's offseason, it'll be filled with the usual random query post asking about something related to marching band.

We could even go as so far to completely crackdown on the directory, and have the subforums be organized as in the directory. Of course that would take some help from more than just 1 or 2 people, mind you, but we could make that system work.

And another thing, please, PLEASE, feel free to add threads to the directory if they're not in there already I doubt I'll be having much time to work on it (with school and all). I'll try to be better about it, as I've been slacking on it. I think if you read some of the thread titles you should be able to figure out where to post certain threads.

Good luck to everyone in the new school year and marching season.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Thanks?  

DiddleFreak61387

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:32 pm
DiddleFreak61387
Thanks?

Aww come on, you know how it is? First day back to school...?

Right? Maybe not?  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games