Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:02 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position: Seeker
Currently: SEARCHING FOR THE SNITCH

Chasing the Snitch: XX/3 (Need a 19 or above)
Catching the Snitch: XX/2 (Need a 22 or above)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Blast," Julius hissed annoyed as in his second attempt he not only failed to catch the snitch it had done its typical vanishing act. With a sigh he looked around him before raising into the air. Back to looking for it, again, then.

Quote:
Quote:

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:06 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: -1 due to injury (+6 for bludger hits)

ROLL TOTAL: 15 +6 = 21 (Succesful Block and Hit)

Position: Beater (Red Team)
Aiming at/Blocking for: Blocking for Leo/Aiming at Toby

Opponents hit: 003
Opponents missed: 001
Bludgers blocked: 002
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronna made an annoyed 'tsk' as she didn't reach the bludger in time to save Celaena and she called out apologetically to the younger girl, "Sorry!" Yet she didn't have much time for apologies as Toby had hit another bludger-this time towards Leo, she raced forward and figured if she got to it in time that Toby might need another good hit at him for good measure.

Quote:

{OoC}  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:12 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do

Finally Tanya was lined up in front of the goals and with a silent prayer she pulled her arm back and threw it with the intent to score.

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

Position: Gold Team Chaser
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 for Swiping
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [<3] [<3] [<3]
To Goal: 3/3
Final Roll: ~

TryoutsWhere: Quidditch PitchWith: TeamThinking: This is our year!OOC

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:27 pm

This is the sea of life, and I'm drownin' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know I can swim, but feel like I keep sinkin' down in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx these waters and I can't breathe, I feel like I'm gon' blow it
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I can see people holdin' a life jacket but they won't throw it

User Image

Captain Crash
Seventh Year Gryffindor

[Gryffindor Try-Outs]

Crash had, for the most part, done well to keep his focus on the players as they battled it out. He might have drifted off for a moment or two, but honestly, who wouldn't? It could get pretty boring guarding the goal posts without much else to do. Every time it seemed the opposite team was about to make it to the scoring zone, the quaffle was stolen and the chasers were tearing down the field in the opposite direction. The practice seemed to drag on. Some time later, a few late recruits arrived and stood off to the side, waiting for a chance to be thrown into the game and hand in their forms. He rose a hand, gestured he'd be down in just a moment and paused only because Tanya was gaining on his position in the pitch. She took her shot and he held out a hand to bounce it into his possession.

Red Team: Keeper
                                                              L1 L2 L3
                                                              AC= 17
                                                              Mods= (+9 to block the quaffle) (+7 to flying)
                                                              Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                                              Total Roll:

[OOC: See here for how to play quidditch.]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:42 pm

This is the sea of life, and I'm drownin' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know I can swim, but feel like I keep sinkin' down in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx these waters and I can't breathe, I feel like I'm gon' blow it
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I can see people holdin' a life jacket but they won't throw it

User Image

Captain Crash
Seventh Year Gryffindor

[Gryffindor Try-Outs]

Crash caught the ball easily, called his teammates to attention and tossed the ball back into play, aiming it toward Celaena. So she could have a fair chance to get across the field. While the game whirled back into play, Crash slowly eased his broom down to the grassy field below where Alex and Bella had been waiting for him. ”Never too late. Glad yall could make it after all.” He nodded, a small smile wormed its way on his lips at those doeful eyes and batting lashes. He paused for a moment, eyes studying hers before noticing the form Alexandria was holding out to him and coughed awkwardly as he finally took it, he hardly noticed Rosabella's and only took her form because she purposefully reached out to give it to him immediately after Alex did.

”Right umm...” He scanned each form, darted chocolate eyes up at the on going game and then nodded affirmatively. ”Kay, so, Bella, you can join as chaser with the red team, that's Leo and Celaena and...” He paused for another moment. There wasn't exactly an extra open position lying around. ”What do you want to do, Alex? Do you want to try beater or seeker? Or, oh—you can take my spot as keeper for the red team.”

Red Team: Keeper
                                                              L1 L2 L3
                                                              AC= 17
                                                              Mods= (+9 to block the quaffle) (+7 to flying)
                                                              Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                                              Total Roll: 14

[OOC: See here for how to play quidditch.]

kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya sighed as Crash caught her throw, rather easily if she wanted to add insult to injury. But his attention was soon taken by the arrival of the Quimby-Scott sisters and she nearly gagged as Alex batted her eyelashes fake coyly at their captain as she handed in her slip. Really?! Besides the fact that he was older (not too old but still!) he was their captain, with all her bragging at trying to be a professional how would she feel if it got out she tried to flirt her way onto teams? Ugh! The only good thing that came out of this was that Crash's attention was too taken by them and as he threw towards Celaena, she darted forward to snag it in midair before propelling back towards the goal posts.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To Goal: 1/3

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

Alexandria watched in awe as Crash caught the quaffle rather easily. His arms, as well as the rest of him, looked pretty damn amazing as he tossed the ball towards Celaena before swooping down. He's glad I could make it! the brunette thought excitedly. On the inside, she was screaming and jumping, and felt like a typical teenage girl who was infatuated with an older boy; however, she stayed as calm and collected as she could on the outside as she continued to gaze into the captain's eyes. The two only broke eye contact once he took the form from Alex.

"Is it okay if I take your spot? I mean, I really do only want to be a keeper," she admitted. The other positions involved so much effort that she really wasn't willing to play them. After receiving the O.K. from Crash, Alex's lips curled into a large smile. "Thanks, you're the best!" she exclaimed before jumping onto her broom and flying up towards the empty goalposts.

Team: Red
Armour Class: +16
Shots Blocked: 0
Shots Missed: 0
Modifiers: ( blocking goals +8 )
Skills: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Block Quaffle: Higher roll than shooter
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

You won't know anything unless you try
Might end up falling, but you just might fly
You know it's all about what you believe
And maybe something extra up your sleeve

((OOC: I'm assuming it's okay to go ahead and have Alex be the keeper since you suggested it xD))

I won't be whining about what might've been
You know I'm not too big on giving in
I use whatever spell the law allows
That is of course, if I know how

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:47 pm
User Image
User Image

Rosabella was not having one moment of this. It wasn't only bad that Alexandria practically ignored her existence, but now it seemed as though she was invisible to her captain as well. In fact, he hadn't even looked at her until shoved her form towards him the second after her sister had done so. Upon being told to join the Red team, the fourteen year old nodded and took off into the air. The faster she got away from the keepers, the better. Watching a flirting session between her step sister and Crash made the chaser feel uneasy to say the least.

As Rosabella joined the Gryffindor team, her eyes darted onto Tanya, who had possession of the quaffle. Immediately, the fourth year zoomed in after her as quickly as she could. Once she got close enough, Bella reached for the ball.

Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +6) (shooting quaffle +6)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll: 15
Scored: 0
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I wanna dance with somebody. I wanna feel the heat with somebody.
I wanna dance with somebody. With somebody who loves me.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:50 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

As she flew above the pitch, Dani spotted Rosabella and Alex arriving late for tryouts. She'd begun to wonder if the two sisters would make it to even try out this time around. Crash paused the game long enough to collect their forms, and give Alex opportunity to take his place between the Red Team's pipes.

Once the game started back up, Tanya swooped in and collected the Quaffle from Celaena, and started her drive on Red Team's goals. Dani decided the smart move for her was to flank the more experienced girl, as she knew Leo would almost certainly attempt a steal.

Gold Team Chaser

User Name: Graydon Ironshield
                                                      Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                      Year: Third
                                                      Years of Play: Two (Reserve Chaser One last season)
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Completed
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                      First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                      Second Position Choice: Seeker or Beater, whichever the team needs most.

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 14
                                                      Modifiers: +4 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle (-1 due to hit)
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                      Lives: (X) (X) ()

OOC: Effect Value:

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya tried not to pay attention to what was happening between Crash and Alex but it was like watching a car crash. No pun intended. What exactly was going on in her head to act that way!? A part of her (a very small part mind!) understood seeing as she also found their captain very....handsome and filled out and yes she had on occasion admired his physique. But now was not the time or place! Just as she was bemoaning the two of them she barely dodged an attempt to steal by Bella making her both startled and amused. At least someone understood! "Nice try Bella!" she called out to the slightly younger girl before flying out.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To Goal: 2/3

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:43 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna was drifting listlessly after her last save. The quaffle that she originally gave to Tanya had switched hands multiple times since. She held her breath as she watched Tanya make an attempt to score against the captain. There's the reason why he's the Cap.

She continued to watch and weave through the goal posts. She paused confused as Crash flew downwards. Then she noticed a couple of older girls had shown up. One of the girl's replaced Crash as keeper and the other flew to be a chaser for the Red team. Aww crap now I've really got to be impressive. She mentally charged herself up seeing the girls as more competition to take the few spots on the team. And Ari would have to do her best to prove that she belonged.

She watched as the game resumed and Tanya snagged the quaffle again. And now with Dani flanking her they were headed straight to the new keeper. "Come on Tanya!" She called out hoping to encourage her teammate not knowing if her voice would even carry to the other end of the pitch.

Gold Team's Keeper
Total:
Saves: 2, Misses: 0
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 Shooting, +2 Catching
Special Skills:Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]  
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya grinned hearing Arianna's cry of support and saw that she was finally in front of the goals. Without even pausing she threw the quaffle towards the posts hoping for it to at least get close.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To Goal: 3/3

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:27 am
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position: Seeker
Currently: SEARCHING FOR THE SNITCH

Chasing the Snitch: XX/3 (Need a 19 or above)
Catching the Snitch: XX/2 (Need a 22 or above)

As Julius scanned the field he noticed the two late comers and saw Alex head over to the opposite team as a keeper and Rosabella join on a team as a chaser. He was irritable that they both showed up late, but at least Rosabella was appologetic acting, Alex not so much. Worse she had the audacity to pick up a position quite frankly the team wasn't in a big need for. As a keeper she was obviously going to be a reserve with Crash-but when he graduated there was still other keeper options. He had yet to see that being the case with beaters for example. And seeker, well she was older than him, but at least it gave them a back up if say he fell horribly ill-or the other way around if she turned back to his search for the snitch.

He supposed it wasn't his problem in the end no matter how annoying it was and how bad of manners it was.

Quote:
Quote:

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

Alexandria averted her attention away from Crash down below and towards the chasers battling it out for the quaffle. If she wanted to impress her captain, she had to block the ball from flying through the goalposts. One chaser missed a steal, then another did as well, and before long, Tanya made her way towards the keeper. Bracing herself, Alex swerved to the left hoop and reached out with both hands in an attempt to grab the quaffle.

Shots Blocked: 0
Total Roll: 17

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

A grin spread across Alexandria's face as the quaffle landed firmly in her grasp. After only a few minutes, she already proved that she could goalkeep. Dark chocolate eyes glanced down at Crash, watching for any sort of reaction from the boy before she faced the chasers on her team. Alex swung her arm and tossed the ball to the closest chaser on her team, Rosabella. If she was lucky, the Winthrop girl would mess up and get nailed in the face.

Shots Blocked: 1
Total Roll:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games