Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:31 pm
mute_coyote
TeaDidikai
"Allie Theiss has forgotten more about G~ Magic than you'll ever know from your stupid old..."

Yikes! Sounds like somebitch earned a curse.
Yep.

And no- they weren't on Gaia. They were sitting outside of a coffee shop I visit now and then. She was waxing poetic about how amazing Theiss' work is.

I snickered. She actually accused me of mocking "teh poor Romany ppl!" I said if she's Romany, I'm a gold fish, and her "magic" (complete with air quotes) is about as authentically Rroma as a Disney Movie.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 pm
I'd have hit her. But then, I have anger problems.

I can't get over the fact that she'd have the disrespect to even consider saying something like that.  

IH_Zero

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:47 am
"All Native Americans get along and worship nature. Why can't we be as peaceful as they are?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:52 am
rmcdra
"All Native Americans get along and worship nature. Why can't we be as peaceful as they are?"

Wow. That's pretty bad. Let's just completely ignore the many inter-tribe wars, shall we?  

Lance Kibagari

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:59 am
Lance Kisgyr
rmcdra

Wow. That's pretty bad. Let's just completely ignore the many inter-tribe wars, shall we?
You'd be surprised at the people that believe this.

"It was those evil white Xtains that stole the land from those poor people." :snort: rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:04 am
rmcdra
Lance Kisgyr
rmcdra

"It was those evil white Xtains that stole the land from those poor people." :snort: rolleyes

Has anyone else noticed that Christians have become the scapegoat of the 21st century?

I mean, granted, there's an element of truth in that statement. White people did steal land from the natives. Aside from that, though...  

Lance Kibagari

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:20 am
Lance Kisgyr
rmcdra
Lance Kisgyr
rmcdra

Has anyone else noticed that Christians have become the scapegoat of the 21st century?

I mean, granted, there's an element of truth in that statement. White people did steal land from the natives. Aside from that, though...

Yeah. It was part of the reason I left Christianity temporarily coupled with my first encounter with bigoted fundies while I was in college.

I think it's because of the fundies and lack of good teachers of Christianity why Christianity has become such a scapegoat.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:53 am
rmcdra

Unfortunately, the Native community has a tendency to further that. Actually, the Lakota community in specific has a tendency the further that, and a lot of Playtives/Pretendians buy into it. The whole noble savage thing and all.

Lance Kisgyr
White people did steal land from the natives. Aside from that, though...

Less "white" and more Anglo and West European - less steal land from natives and more "carry on a campaign of organized and unorganized rape and genocide (cultural and otherwise), then converting to a campaign of ethnocide (destroying the culture of the group to force integration) coupled with cultural genocide spanning five centuries."

Not to mince words or anything. xp  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:51 am
rmcdra
I think it's because of the fundies and lack of good teachers of Christianity why Christianity has become such a scapegoat.
Christians need their own version of the Dali Lama.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:06 am
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
Christians need their own version of the Dali Lama.
That would be nice.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:22 am
Collowrath
rmcdra

Unfortunately, the Native community has a tendency to further that. Actually, the Lakota community in specific has a tendency the further that, and a lot of Playtives/Pretendians buy into it. The whole noble savage thing and all.

Slightly related, but I think Indians also like to forget that while India never conquered anyone else really, they did bicker and fight like the Greek city-states internally. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:34 pm
Ebay is an incredible repository for fluffdom. eek

Quote:
HAUNTED RARE POWERFUL MALE VAMPIRE

Many dragons have been bought and sold on eBay - but this is ONE-OF-A-KIND - it is almost off the scale for paranormal activity!

This Is Not Your Average Dragon!!!

He will "feed" from others and then pass their energy on to you!!!

As soon as you start wearing this Pendant you will feel his energy streaming throughout your body. It will become stronger the more you wear the Pendant, and as you gain in strength, so will the Pendant ... and remember it already registers 9.838 on the psychic scale!

*snrk!* And 'psychic scale'? Seriously?

Then there's the ad for: WICCAN LOST SPELLS 121 YRS. OLD! (Money, Love,Luck,etc)
Found in a Real Witch's Trunk! No Hoax! Really Works!!

Not to mention the rampant abuse of the "G"-word that occurs in many ads.  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:54 pm
Wow that ad is terrible. Aside from the fluff, I don't appreciate the underlying idea of "Hey it's okay to feed off of the energies of others without their knowledge or consent!"

Tea
"Allie Theiss has forgotten more about G~ Magic than you'll ever know from your stupid old..."

That's terrible.
I would've ripped the b***h in half.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:10 pm
mute_coyote
Ebay is an incredible repository for fluffdom. eek

Quote:
HAUNTED RARE POWERFUL MALE VAMPIRE

Many dragons have been bought and sold on eBay - but this is ONE-OF-A-KIND - it is almost off the scale for paranormal activity!

This Is Not Your Average Dragon!!!

He will "feed" from others and then pass their energy on to you!!!

As soon as you start wearing this Pendant you will feel his energy streaming throughout your body. It will become stronger the more you wear the Pendant, and as you gain in strength, so will the Pendant ... and remember it already registers 9.838 on the psychic scale!

*snrk!* And 'psychic scale'? Seriously?

Then there's the ad for: WICCAN LOST SPELLS 121 YRS. OLD! (Money, Love,Luck,etc)
Found in a Real Witch's Trunk! No Hoax! Really Works!!
I shudder at the thought of the kind of person who would think that making or buying such a thing would be okay.

Quote:
Not to mention the rampant abuse of the "G"-word that occurs in many ads.
I've actually written to eBay about that. Their response is that the common usage is valid for a search function.  

TeaDidikai

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:55 am
Quote:
One goddess under many names. Its really up to you which name appeals but most wiccans go with the Triple Goddess [maiden, mother, crone], three aspects of the same goddess.
This "pick and mix" approach to pantheons is a point of contention. Wicca is not a single faith, there are different types of wiccan but all are Earth-centred. My own path within wicca is "Cunning Man".

Quote:
Believe me, I am well versed in wicca [ moderator on a wiccan forum and all that]. Many wiccans in the UK are solitaries, not part of covens. Wicca is neo-pagan. Everything you have posted above, I know inside out and backwards.
All over the internet there is this argument as to what constitutes "Real" wicca, in fact we have had this out in this forum too.
Check out the wicca thread, especially the posts from Calantiriel.

Quote:
As you say , no point in arguing about it. This argument is never going to be resolved. Gardner, hmm yes Gardner - manufactured a system from Masonic Order, Rosicrucians, Golden Dawn, etc. The question you need to think about is what was there before Gardner ? The path I try to follow because it fits me is pre-christian and the word Wica [which became Wicca] was first used by the Saxons round about 6th century. Lineage does not enter the argument because current wicca has none - put together in mid-50's and I personally know pre-50's wiccans and HPS's who gave up covens to become solitary because of the hierarchical forms used. It is said that in the UK, covens are a minority. But, it doesn't matter - there are many paths to follow in the Earth-based faith which is wicca.[ Fertility is an aspect of the Earth goddess and has been since the last Ice Age.]
So, Bright Blessings.

This is an old argument. But, what raised my blood pressure then, now makes me laugh gonk xd

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games