Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Lily's Pad ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 160 161 162 163 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stay open or close shop
  Don't care
  Pie
  Throw rocks at TES
View Results

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:02 pm
((Yup - on again/off again for 7+ months now. Bugs sticky has 34 pages of gaians that get locked out... and still no fix. Fairy~Nuff was having the problem, to. I'm not sure if she's still having this headache. Lily's isn't always down, but I never know when she'll get locked out. I'm disappointed in the admins for letting it slide for so long ~ doesn't say much about Gaia's priorities to it's members.))  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:05 pm
((I'm just glad I've never had that problem... sweatdrop ))  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:07 pm
(( Yeah, I've noticed that Gaia staff doesn't seem to notice too much in the Bugs and Tech Support Forum. My other account posted a trade glitch in there back in Dec. and they STILL haven't done a damn thing about it. I can only imagine what you must be going through with Lily. ))

*Takes another big bite of his danish, making sure to get most of the blackberry filling. He then gets Velcore's attention by waving the remaining piece, then tosses the piece to him. He watches Velcore as he finishes his coffee.* Nice touch on the danish there Karrie, heh heh. Thank you! cool  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:13 pm
((My other account's had an aquarium glitch since September, I think. Those hermit cats still haven't died...))

*catches the piece and eats it*

You're welcome. I like seeing people enjoy my cooking. ^_^ *picks up the boxes of older baked goods* I'm going to go take these over to MW. They need to be eaten in the next day or so, so I don't want to leave them here. Tes is usually hanging around MW, and he and his grunnies will probably eat them. *looks at Velcore* Would you get the door, Velcore?

*opens the door and holds it for Karrie*

See you later, Officer. *leaves Lily's, Velcore flying behind*  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:15 pm
((Irritation ~ it makes her playing here in the Pad rather interesting, or not.))

*Slips in to get a cup of decaf tea to counteract all the coffee she consumed earlier. As she sips her tea she notices Karrie's latest display.* Oh, danishes, raspberry and chocolate cake, too. *Glances down at her belly.* Hmmm, how many crunches will it take to work one of those bad boys off? *Picks up a blackberry pastry and takes a bite.* Worth every one.

Goodnight, Karrie. I'm sure Lily appreciates your checking in while she's out.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 pm
Hey there Brat. Nice to see you around! Yeah, those blackberry danishes are pretty good, aren't they? Heh heh. Well, I must be off. Got to check in at GGB before I can punch out for the night. I'll see you later! *Takes his coffee cup and plate to the sink and runs some water over them to soak. Then tips his hat to Brat and exits Lily's.*  

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:25 pm
Goodnight, Officer. Guess I should turn in myself. *Washes her dishes and puts them in the rack then she slips out, turning out the lights as she leaves.*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:50 pm
Bloody HADES! I'm in... ninja *Checks in at the Pad before she finds herself locked out again.* Aww, looks like Karrie's been in. I owe him big time.

*Scribbles a thank-you note and leaves it on the fridge.*
I'll have to figure out something I can do for him. *Slips back out.*

((Surprise... I usually try one more time before turning off the comp... sometimes yes, sometimes no. Seems to work best between 10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. my time, but not a sure-fire. Keep waiting for the fish to die from not being fed. Once they are, no more for this tank.))  

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 pm
((Yes, that is what the finger says, Lily's getting Fed Up with Gaia.)) evil  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:36 pm
Surprise, surprise, surprise, Gomer. Gaia let me in to check up on the place. *Looks around and sees everything just as she left it.* Well, then, guess I'll go feed my fish and scoot off to bed.  

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 pm
*Pops in to grab a cup of tea and some pastries.* Lily, child, Gaia said no at 9:50. We have to wait til after 10:00... *shakes her head and meanders out.*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:18 am
{{Alright, here's my analysis of the "deserted pad" situation [being stated simply because I'm feeling rather opinionated at the moment... though I guess that can sort of apply to every day now that I think about it]: Aside from Lily's Pad having been locked for a short while and Lily's problems with getting signed in, MW has always been "the place" to go when in the game room, almost since it's creation. I remember seeing how quickly it was growing and avoiding it because I thought it was too busy to get into.

The reason behind this seems to be the fact that since it's creation, it already had a few regulars who would always show up. When a thread has regulars, it grows. People will naturally gravitate toward a thread that has active members because no one wants to be the only person posting in a thread. They want to interact with other people. Why MW already had regulars is because the "chain of command" there were already well acquainted from other threads, so MW gave them another place to sit around and converse.

Aside from regulars, a lot of people were quick to jump on the "MW bandwagon" because the idea of being "bad" seems more attractive, either due to a natural inclination toward that behavior or just a general liking for the idea of it. Being a "goody" is something you get made fun of for, but being a "hooligan" commands respect and you get what you want, so team "goody" already had this working against them from the beginning and is probably a big part of why it didn't grow.

Most are going to automatically go for MW because it's an established "hot spot" no matter what, even if they are completely new to the game room. Some people show up just to chat out of boredom, having no idea whatsoever that people roleplay in there.

People need more incentive to be a "goody", or at least to come here and stay here. Only idea I have at the moment is prizes that may take several rolls to receive that would also be greatly desired. However, this might be difficult to accomplish due to funds. Offering exclusives that cannot be gotten anywhere else is also a plus. This place mostly just has the reputation of having pastries, which is good, but not something that gets people to want to show up all the time.}}

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:03 am
Lil Brat
((Yup - on again/off again for 7+ months now. Bugs sticky has 34 pages of gaians that get locked out... and still no fix. Fairy~Nuff was having the problem, to. I'm not sure if she's still having this headache. Lily's isn't always down, but I never know when she'll get locked out. I'm disappointed in the admins for letting it slide for so long ~ doesn't say much about Gaia's priorities to it's members.))

Their priority is producing more items (to only release as RIGs) and making shitty, unwanted navigational changes... So yeah, user satisfaction is far secondary (if not tertiary) to these primary reasons.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:01 pm
((Thanks for input TES. Prior to MW, most were posting in Cabana Boys/Nurses and bouncing in & out of the game room. Creating a bar in the game room worked well. Lily's was established to be a game to tie to Hooligans earning status. It worked well, but has since out-lived that purpose.

I hadn't expected to see many "goodies" ~ in part because in our RL work lives, we often have to be nice when we'd really like to slap the shiz out of someone. RPing here allows us to release some of that pent-up frustration. To RP Lily, I sometimes have to take myself to that work-place mentality of grin & bear it, play nice, and channel the Toy Story Barbie... "Can I stop smiling now, my jaws hurt?"

I like the Tea & Pastry shop RP we have now, it fits in. But to keep it in the game room, I do need to have a more active game and "cleaning up the place" doesn't really fit anymore. Otherwise the Pad would need to move to our "dead" RP sub-forum. I may put up a suggestions box to see if some of our patrons have ideas.

@Matasoga: You hit the nail on the head.))  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:51 pm
*Meanders in to the Pad, frowing.* I need to hire a cleaning crew to come in. *Places a call to Merry Maids to set up a schedule. She ends the call and goes out to her van to pick up the suggestion box. Hammer and nails in hand, she takes her stud finder from the tool box, running it along the wall to locate the best place for the box.* Stud finder, wonder if this thing works on people. wink  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 160 161 162 163 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games