Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:05 am

TeaDidikai
Did he get a copy?

No. He got a different, verbal version where I was much more politically correct and much more in control of my faculties (particularly the frustrated tears).
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:50 am

saint dreya

No. He got a different, verbal version where I was much more politically correct and much more in control of my faculties (particularly the frustrated tears).
~hugs~

TeaDidikai

Nines19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:21 pm

You know what, ******** you. Seriously, ******** you.
I don't want to hang out with you so you tell my mom that we're supposed to do that project I said I'd help you with? And you threaten to have my parents take away my internet? ******** you.
And you. You're ******** years old. You should ******** know better.
No. Actually, I should. I should know better to get involved in anything with the two of you, because you're both manipulative conniving bitches who'll do anything and threaten anything else to get what they want. I've lived with you all my life and you since I was six, so I should know this ******** it. I'm done. You know how you laugh at my mom's fears that I'll leave for college and never talk to her again? That fate is yours, sister and aunt. You can't hurt me if I'm not there.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Surprisingly, you ******** a*****e, your cissexism and transmisogyny is not excused by your race or by how angry you are at your pet movement being called out for the very cissexism and transmisogyny you showed.

And amazingly you've just discovered that people don't like fake apologies, where you pretend to be sorry in order to smooth things over with the trans folk not involved and continue to try to justify your bigoted bullshit said to the rest of us.

I checked my goddamn privilege. I talked to trans women of color and cis women of color allies alike to make sure that I was accurate about your little pet movement, that my whiteness wasn't making stuff blend in my pov. Where did you check yours? Huh, you ******** a*****e? Nowhere? Really? Yeah I figured so. You just silenced me, insulted me, threatened me, demanded names of who was engaging in the oppressive behavior (hint: you're one of them) and basically did everything that you complain oh so much about when white folk do it all to you.

You're my goddamn proof that your movement has a problem with trans people. Because it contains ******** awful allies like you. People who seem to think it is okay to say slurs and use the insults that the people who murder us use because we dare to say that your movement may not be as tolerant as you like to pretend it ******** you and your hypocrisy. ******** you and your cissexism. ******** you and your blatant lying about being an ally.

You've made it just that much ******** harder to trust the cis people in my life, you irrevocable failure of an ally. Thanks. Thanks a whole ******** lot.

Recursive Paradox

Nines19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Recursive Paradox
cis

I learned something today. Thank you.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Recursive Paradox
Surprisingly, you ******** a*****e, your cissexism and transmisogyny is not excused by your race or by how angry you are at your pet movement being called out for the very cissexism and transmisogyny you showed.

And amazingly you've just discovered that people don't like fake apologies, where you pretend to be sorry in order to smooth things over with the trans folk not involved and continue to try to justify your bigoted bullshit said to the rest of us.

I checked my goddamn privilege. I talked to trans women of color and cis women of color allies alike to make sure that I was accurate about your little pet movement, that my whiteness wasn't making stuff blend in my pov. Where did you check yours? Huh, you ******** a*****e? Nowhere? Really? Yeah I figured so. You just silenced me, insulted me, threatened me, demanded names of who was engaging in the oppressive behavior (hint: you're one of them) and basically did everything that you complain oh so much about when white folk do it all to you.

You're my goddamn proof that your movement has a problem with trans people. Because it contains ******** awful allies like you. People who seem to think it is okay to say slurs and use the insults that the people who murder us use because we dare to say that your movement may not be as tolerant as you like to pretend it ******** you and your hypocrisy. ******** you and your cissexism. ******** you and your blatant lying about being an ally.

You've made it just that much ******** harder to trust the cis people in my life, you irrevocable failure of an ally. Thanks. Thanks a whole ******** lot.

Cissexism sucks. 8( It's one of the more obscure but pervasive discrimination - along with ableism.

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Ellisari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm starting to hate swimteam: I devote hours and hours a day to getting my a** kicked and being screamed at. And for what?
Absolutely nothing.
I'm never going to be good enough for a swim scholarship. I'm never going to make sectionals or state. I'm not Michael Phelps.
I'm always tired because of it, and now my grades are dropping.
I'm taking all honors classes with no study hall, and trying to shove in swimteam, too. I'm getting nowhere. I have too much work to do, and not enough time to do it.

Everyone is telling me "it will only get easier", but they're lying. It's only getting harder and harder.
---
[if I could just scream this at my brother, my life would be fufilled. Alas, I'd prolly have my neck ******** you.
I hear you say this to me SO ******** many times. I've tried SO HARD to suck it up and ignore it. Well, not anymore. ******** YOU.
I'm sick of you cursing at me. I'm not a c**t, b***h, retard, ********, or any other of your stupid insults. Can't you say something to me ******** normally?
I put up with your s**t every single day. And for what? I don't even know.
I've just been trying to look out for you. AND HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED OUT FOR ME? No. You've never cared about your younger sister.
And you couldn't be anymore ******** grateful, could you? No. All I ever get from you is "stupid c**t" or "******** retard".

And I swear to ******** god if you touch me one more time I will have you stuck in that ******** behavioral center for good. I don't care if YOU think it's just "a playful shove", I've had BRUISES. AND DON'T ******** SLAP ME EVER AGAIN. Or I will hit you BACK for once.
I've already gotten a ******** black eye from you. And for what? ACCIDENTALLY UNPLUGGING THE ******** WIRELESS.

I've been good at tolerating you, I've tried supporting you, I encourage you to do your best, and I've tried being understanding with you, but what do I get in return? I get called a c**t and slapped in the face.
Enough is enough.
----

That second one has been pent up for quite awhile.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:03 pm

In my experience in high school (which I am assuming is your level), things do not get easier as the year progresses but rather harder. I you're struggling now, which is the beginning of the year, a reassessment of whether you wish to continue might be a good idea.

Aino Ailill

Ellisari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Aino Ailill
In my experience in high school (which I am assuming is your level), things do not get easier as the year progresses but rather harder. I you're struggling now, which is the beginning of the year, a reassessment of whether you wish to continue might be a good idea.

I should, but I just can't quit now... I don't want to give up like that.

I keep telling myself to try it for one more week, and one more week. >.<

I'll give myself a little more time to try and sort things out, though, and if it doesn't work.. well, I tried.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Nines19
Recursive Paradox
cis

What is cissexism? I can't find anything on it.

Cunning Witch Angus

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Reine Lunaire
Aino Ailill

I should, but I just can't quit now... I don't want to give up like that.

I keep telling myself to try it for one more week, and one more week. >.<

I'll give myself a little more time to try and sort things out, though, and if it doesn't work.. well, I tried.

A desire to see one's commitments through is a much valued quality. Is there anything you can do to help alleviate the issues other than to quit? Maybe go to bed earlier, change your study habits, or some such? You said your grades were dropping; do you understand what mistakes you made on the quizzes/homework/etc.?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:22 pm

Arcanist Angus
Nines19
Recursive Paradox
cis

Cis stands for people whose gender identity, physical body, and some argue mannerisms are congruent in the society they exist in. That is, one thinks one is female, has female primary and secondary sex characteristics, and behave in the manner people expect from females.

Trans stands for people whose gender identity and physical body are not congruent in the society they exist in.

Mannerisms are more complicated, as one could be a lesbian, butch, trans woman.

Cissexism is discrimination based on the incongruity between the gender identity and presentation on a person and their presumed physical characteristics (however the latter are determined).

One example of cissexism is sending Calpernia Addams an email demanding she describe to you what her genitalia look like in order to "prove" she's a "real" woman.

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:23 pm

Arcanist Angus
Nines19
Recursive Paradox
cis

I'm not sure how well I can explain this but I will try.

A cisgendered person is a person who's physical sex matches with e's mental/social gender. The majority of us. Cissexism is when a cisperson acts from a status of cis-privelage and does not consider the non-cis. I think the binary system would be an example of cissexism, but I'm not certain in my application.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Deoridhe
Arcanist Angus
Nines19
Recursive Paradox
cis

Cis stands for people whose gender identity, physical body, and some argue mannerisms are congruent in the society they exist in. That is, one thinks one is female, has female primary and secondary sex characteristics, and behave in the manner people expect from females.

Trans stands for people whose gender identity and physical body are not congruent in the society they exist in.

Mannerisms are more complicated, as one could be a lesbian, butch, trans woman.

Cissexism is discrimination based on the incongruity between the gender identity and presentation on a person and their presumed physical characteristics (however the latter are determined).

One example of cissexism is sending Calpernia Addams an email demanding she describe to you what her genitalia look like in order to "prove" she's a "real" woman.

Oh, I see, thank you very much smile

Cunning Witch Angus

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Aino Ailill
Arcanist Angus
Nines19
Recursive Paradox
cis

I'm not sure how well I can explain this but I will try.

A cisgendered person is a person who's physical sex matches with e's mental/social gender. The majority of us. Cissexism is when a cisperson acts from a status of cis-privelage and does not consider the non-cis. I think the binary system would be an example of cissexism, but I'm not certain in my application.

We could get into gender-queer theory, but honestly I've only got the basics and it's really a discussion for trans and gender queer people, not cis people.

In short, some trans people argue the binary system is accurate (particularly intersexed people) and some don't (particularly gender-queer people).

To add ot the definitions, gender-queer is a category of people who identify with more complicated or less binary or less seemingly binary identifications - like individuals who are androgyns or people who identify their gender as butch or femme (butch and femme can also be modifiers indicating one's social mannerisms as well - which is where this becomes really complicated).
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games