Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:04 pm
Ainwyn
"Why did they burn witches when everyone knows they melt in water?"

"Dissolve" seems more workable conceptually. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:55 am
Ainwyn

"Pagans don't hit people!"
Of course you don't. You wouldn't want to bruise your sacrifice.  

TeaDidikai

Wandering-Seeker-Kat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:38 pm
Ainwyn

"Why did they burn witches when everyone knows they melt in water?" This one was meant in jest, but it amused me and caused "facepalm".

rofl I face palmed too... that's a great one!! Sorry I haven't been here people, I've been busy!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:33 pm
jaden kendam
Triste-chan
"Oh, Wiccan, Roma, same thing!"

- An actual quote from a girl at school.

Edit: Full story.

So I'm walking out of English class, and this girl, Mouse, comes out of her history class and bumps into me. So apparently she's been learning about the Salem Witch Trials. This creates much drama, because Mouse is "Wiccan."

So she's like, "FOMG, I never would have survived those times." And I start talking about the theories that the girls were actually getting hallucinogens in their food and that's where they got all these kooky ideas from, and then she says, "Yeah, only two of the people there were actually Wiccan."

stressed

So we go outside because it's the end of the day and stuff, and she's still talking about TEH SALEM WITCH TRIALS. Eventually we get to talking about the European Witch Trials. And I'm like, "Yeah, the people killed there were pretty much just normal Christians. It was more about personal vendettas and dislike of strange people than religion or anything."

So she says, "You know, I did some research --" and I'm thinking, no, nono. She wouldn't. "-- and I found out that my great-great-great-great-great grandmother was a G~" and yes, she did indeed use the racial slur, despite my somewhat lame attempts to inform her that it is very much offensive, "and she was killed during the Burning Times."

crying

After doing my usual 'FOMG racial slur' spiel, which was immediately ignored, Mouse is like, "Jeez, even my ancestors were persecuted for being magical people." So this other kid says, "Wait, how does her being Roma (because this kid is actually awesome and REMEMBERS when I ask him not to use racial slurs) make her 'magical?'"

So she punches him playfully, and says, "Oh, Wiccan, Roma, same thing!"

burning_eyes

She was in history class and learned that the Wiccans were burned at the stake during the Salem Witch Trials? What kind of teacher is this, or is she just dense?

Maybe you should ask her the three questions, or rather two questions about Wicca.

Who created it?

What type of religion is it? (anything but fertility witch cult is of course wrong, but you know that, so we dont have to go into that spiel)

And, Wiccan = Roma....Geeze, not even the fluffy bunnies I know would say that, though one did say she was from the G-word line. Her mom didnt say that though, nor did her dad.

um weren't they hung and not burned ona and now you've made me curious what is the Gword?  

jaguarsimurgh

jaguarsimurgh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:52 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
deadmanjake

I like it is dumbed down spanish. I have heard it from different people, and the mexicans and puerot ricans look at them like they are idiots.

is eta the name of a different girl? or is that the same stuff from the same girl?

ETA means "edited to add."

And it seriously is dumbed down Spanish. She used the incorrect conjugation of a verb, the incorrect word for the second person pronoun (if that's what it was supposed to be), and I'm not even entirely certain "estupido" is a word.

estupido is a word howevr it has a negative conitation at the same leval as retard so needless to say don't do what i did and say that in spanish camp!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:30 pm
jaguar69
um weren't they hung and not burned
That's the point.
Quote:
now you've made me curious what is the Gword?
Gypsy. It's an ethnic slur for the Rroma in the same way the N~ word is a slur for those of African Heritage.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:40 am
Eta is also sorta a racial slur for certain minority or outcaste groups in Japan (Burakumin), especially during the Tokugawa Shogunate or Bakufu. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:58 pm
TeaDidikai
Ainwyn

"Pagans don't hit people!"
Of course you don't. You wouldn't want to bruise your sacrifice.

Heh heh, I'll have to remember that next time she brings it up ^_^  

Ainwyn

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 pm
I am the flesh reincarnate of the moon Goddess that Wiccans worship, My boyfriend is actually the Horned God. We were trapped in these bodies by a powerful Wizard that is his mother's last past life, which is why she makes our lives miserable by not letting us be happy. He just doesn't know it yet. I'm going to awaken him soon though. We're soul mates. My dreams tell me so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 pm
Quote:
If certain Gods or Goddesses or any other higher power deems it not right for someone to worship them, then by all means they will tell that person themselves. They do not need humans to act as the mouthpiece of these Gods and Goddesses.

If a fluffy bunny does come along and claims to be Wiccan or claims to worship the Celtic and Shinto pantheons, then let them. There are too many claims, to know who is right and who is wrong. If anything, both sides of the Pagan world could be wrong. The same can be said about conservative Christians.

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:46 pm
"no, i dont belong to a coven and im not wiccan, but im a wiccan high priestess because the internet said so"

(this has actually happened, but she was being serious, i changed the wording in jest)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:15 pm
someone's sig...

User Image

gonk stressed gonk stressed gonk  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Calixti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 pm
too2sweet
someone's sig...

User Image

gonk stressed gonk stressed gonk
Worst part--the text in the sig is actually used in the show. The first few seasons it was the big "get out of bad s**t free" card. They'd chant it a few times and poof! yey! magic!

It's a really, really terrible show. That my mum adores and I had to watch growing up. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:09 pm
Charmed, Buffy and Angel. Three shows I could never stand to watch more than a couple minutes of at a time.  

TeaDidikai

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:20 pm
What's even more lolz-facepalm is that I know who that sig belongs to. I'm not gonna say though.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games