Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
--- C H A T B O X --- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ascher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:18 pm
Ooo! Cookies! *takes a cookie and gobbles it* Thankees Luri! n.n  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:21 pm
Ascher
Ooo! Cookies! *takes a cookie and gobbles it* Thankees Luri! n.n

Sure, not a problem. *Munches a cookie* so how are you doing this evening?  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Ascher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:24 pm
I am fine, I just finished Rp'ng with one of my friends, her brother kicked her of the comp so she had to go.

And how are you on this night Luri? Good I hope  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:27 pm
Ascher
I am fine, I just finished Rp'ng with one of my friends, her brother kicked her of the comp so she had to go.

And how are you on this night Luri? Good I hope

Doing pretty well. Sorry to hear your D&D friends bailed on you. 2nd ed? 3rd ed? 3.5? What's your posion?  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Ascher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:28 pm
3.5 luri, 3.5

and i make a pretty mean dungeon if i dont say so myself  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:32 pm
Ascher
3.5 luri, 3.5

I never got into 3.5... though that might have to do with the high cost of getting all the books all over again and breaking up with my ex..... I've played 3rd and 2nd, but I would have to say I'm a bit more of an old school whitewolf gal myself. ^_^ Anything BEFORE they decided to end everything and start over again... LARP will always be remembered with fondess, and changelings will never die in my eyes.

Any good changes from 3rd ed to 3.5 that are of any real note?  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Ascher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:36 pm
lurichan
Ascher
3.5 luri, 3.5

I never got into 3.5... though that might have to do with the high cost of getting all the books all over again and breaking up with my ex..... I've played 3rd and 2nd, but I would have to say I'm a bit more of an old school whitewolf gal myself. ^_^ Anything BEFORE they decided to end everything and start over again... LARP will always be remembered with fondess, and changelings will never die in my eyes.

I never played 3rd ed, but for a rookie Dm my friend Michel (who has been playin for years) said i do a pretty good job.
Originally Michel was our Dm but he was unable to play for a while so i took up the gauntlet. Most of my adventures are pure story, with almost little fighting, But my players have a lot of fun when I dm so i guess its all good.

Larp? Live action role play? i've seen some LARP on x-play, they totally made fun of it, but hey I'm a geek so im not gonna side with anyone on that.

Apathy is not death...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:49 pm
Ascher
lurichan
Ascher
3.5 luri, 3.5

I never played 3rd ed, but for a rookie Dm my friend Michel (who has been playin for years) said i do a pretty good job.
Originally Michel was our Dm but he was unable to play for a while so i took up the gauntlet. Most of my adventures are pure story, with almost little fighting, But my players have a lot of fun when I dm so i guess its all good.

Larp? Live action role play? i've seen some LARP on x-play, they totally made fun of it, but hey I'm a geek so im not gonna side with anyone on that.

Apathy is not death...

I find that the best stories that I've ever been a part of have been plot driven campaigns with fighting where appropriate and lots of story exp. for the players. It's more satisfying in the long run because you can tell people all about how you "helped to elevate your friend and lover to the status of a deity" or how you "grew a sacred tree using a philosophers stone that was really three trees entwinded together, and helped bring the wasteland back into the folds of nature".... things like that which are epic tales and really fun to relate later on in life... I don't really have any good stories about my paladin because the DM was lazy, and the adventuring group was barely even held together by a common goal.... it just turned stale and trite after a while with monsters just being thrown at us to see what we could take...and I'm not even going to go into the anit-undead campaign that no one cared for.... *Shakes my head* My two favorite charecters to date were my Bard Talia, and my Druid Keisha. ^_^

Yes, larp is live action roleplaying... my gateway drug into the world of roleplaying you could say. ^_^*** All well, it can be fun if done right, of course anything can be fun if done right and with people who enjoy themselves and the game.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Ascher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:55 pm
Hehe... the last adventure i sent the guys on had tailed elf women... They liked tailed elf women lol. Who doesn't?
There was supposed to be a deeper story, revolving around a magical super weapon hidden under the three islands that my story takes place on... but because Michel wasnt around, Daniel, Dillon and Val got NOTHING done lol.
My clone cousin was pissing me off so i convinced him to be a barbarian. His char illiterate and we ripped on him for weeks until he cross classed and learned to read.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:58 pm
Ascher
Hehe... the last adventure i sent the guys on had tailed elf women... They liked tailed elf women lol. Who doesn't?
There was supposed to be a deeper story, revolving around a magical super weapon hidden under the three islands that my story takes place on... but because Michel wasnt around, Daniel, Dillon and Val got NOTHING done lol.
My clone cousin was pissing me off so i convinced him to be a barbarian. His char illiterate and we ripped on him for weeks until he cross classed and learned to read.

Plot is great, just having fun is even better. I think most DMs/STs have a hard time finding the balance between those, but it sounds like you're doing a great job, keep it up. ^_^  

lurichan
Vice Captain

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:06 pm
So.... how are things in the land of Zanzibar?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:15 pm
lurichan
Ascher

Plot is great, just having fun is even better. I think most DMs/STs have a hard time finding the balance between those, but it sounds like you're doing a great job, keep it up. ^_^

Yay, thankee Luri.

Oo i got a good story, its called: The useless Druid.

My buddy Michel invited me to a gaming session one time, where I met who was his girlfriend at the time and she was gonna play with us too.

So our party consisted of
Me- Level 1 elf Necromancer named Testament
Val- Level 1 human Summoner named Sicarius
Julia- Level 1 elf druid named Fae'alinde or sumthin like that
Michel- level 3 dark elf rogue who's name i can't remember, and he was the DM

So we're going through a dungeon underneath the mansion of a man called the "dead man" and here's what happened

Michel: Ok you guys are given an orb. The dead man says that this orb will lead you to the bottom of the dungeon where you can find the armory, just follow it.

We enter the dungeon

Testament: I don't see why that old bag of bones would keep his weapons all the way at the bottom of his damned mansion.

Michel: Ok so what order are you guys in?

me: Im behind

Julia: Wait... Dan, isn't it your duty as the man to take the lead?

Me: No Julia its my duty as the mage to use everyone around me like expendable meat shields, now g'wan and lead.

Michel: Ok you guys are arguing... and you don't notice that the orb flies off without you... now you have to go through the dungeon without a guide...

Michel: Ok so you guys are walking, Julia's in the lead.

5 minutes later

Michel: you two are ******** lost...

We continue further into the dungeon when we confront a strange new race which immediately prooves hostile

Me: I trip it with my scythe! (Roll)

Michel: Ok Dan, you sucessfully trip the creature, as it falls... (roll) it hits its head and takes (roll) six damage. Julia what do you do?

Julia: I throw a torch at it!

There was silence for about a minute

Michel: ok.. roll...

She rolls a 2

Michel: Ok you miss... badly... the torch flies right by the creature...

Julia: I pick it up and throw it again!

Me: Are you kidding?

Julia rolls again and gets a 3

Michel: Julia what the hell you needed a 5 to hit it!

Me: Maybe its because she's useless? Yea... ok in the middle of combat Testament yells "YOU'RE USELESS!"

Julia yells: I AM NOT USELESS
and she throws the torch a third time

Me: Julia you have a damn spear! I mean while you're over there playin catch the torch with that Brill here I am Meleeing. MAGES DONT MELEE! My max hp is 6 if anything hits me once i die!

Well we kill the brill, i get extra exp for being homocidal
and we get to a room where we meet Val's Char.

Michel: Ok you see a short Chubby asian man in front of you... What do you do?

Julia: I SHOOT HIM! (rolls)

Ok Val... you take 8 damage and die...

Me+Val+Michel: Great job Julia...

Me: Did i mention you're useless?

Julia: Thats is... Im killing the prettyboy elf...

Me: Bring it you useless torch thrower!

Michel: Ok you guys are being attacked now...
The charade demon enters the room,

Me: Great... i already used my magic missiles for the day... i guess i'll charge it.

After a painful battle we survive and get to the armory.
She decides she doesnt wanna be a druid anymore and Michel allows her to switch class to ranger without any penalties or anythin. Well she gets a magic bow. but we dont know what it does.

Me and the now alive again val leave the city and get attacked by bandits... While Julia heads back to the town for some obscure unimportant reason.

Testament: Ugh... useless woman... where is she when we're being attacked.

After some excellent roles and a perfect spell cast i summoned two zombies, and convinced a massively overwhelming enemy force that i could turn them into my undead minions as i so pleased i scared off like 7 bandits while val... sat there and summoned a cloud... because he's a summoner... and he can only summon a cloud at lvl 1...

She rejoins us and we get to a river. We get in a boat and as we float downriver, i get a good roll and hear the oncoming waterfall.

Testament: Let's get to land...

Julia: Why daniel?

Testament: JUST DO IT WOMAN!

well the water picks up and we start getting swept away, we manage to ground ourselves and tie the boat down when the ropes we used to secure the boat snap and we end up chasing the boat all the way to the cliff edge where at last resort Julia fires her magic bow at the boat.

She rolls a 4...

She missed the boat and hit the river... which then immediately completely froze over...

Julia: Ha! See that Daniel! I'm not useless! I saved our boat from the waterfall!

Me: Julia... you stopped our boat from going over the cliff... but you also stopped the water... The boat isn't going anywhere... You're still useless...

Julia: Nooooo!

End of story  

Ascher

Ascher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:16 pm
lurichan

Ahh things couldnt be better, I saw a great anime called Elfen Lied...
I want the rest of the series now. If you wanna know about it i already posted about it in the favorite gothic anime thread n.n  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:20 pm
*LMAO* Okay...need to catch my breath... *shakes my head* And that is why people need to learn the rules of what they are playing....or at least read a bloody fantasy novel first...not just think "Oh, I've seen lord of the rings, I can play D and D no problem"..... Oh, it reminds me of a useless cleric in the undead campaign... his spells almost never worked right, and his godess was so whimsical and flaky that he never knew what he was doing half the time anyways.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:21 pm
Ascher
lurichan

Ahh things couldnt be better, I saw a great anime called Elfen Lied...
I want the rest of the series now. If you wanna know about it i already posted about it in the favorite gothic anime thread n.n

I know, I read it. ^_^* Debating hunting it down, but I have a stack of anime to watch first, most of it borrowed from others.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games