Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Maze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:10 pm
I do believe that was a migraine.

Without the stabbing pain.

But still a migraine.

I do not believe I care for them at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:31 pm
You really have nothing better to do with your time than make fun of the fact that I wear my pants higher than my a** crack so that people don't catch unwanted views of my underwear? Really?
(Is it because I looked, gosh, happy? Impossible for me to be happy, I know.)
Being "only a freshman" is no excuse, that's elementary school behavior. Grow up.

---

You're way too cute to be hanging out with that loser. My heart frowns when I see you together. I'd rather you hit on my husband.
(So would he.)  

Nines19

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:57 pm
When the people complain that EDers are egotistic and only come to the forums to masturbate to their own, self-perceived, intellectual superiority, it is you they have in mind. It would be nice if you could provide something of substance and drop the elitist attitude.

As for y'all, stop worshiping the 'Gods' and start formulating your own argument. Simply posting as fans and snidely insulting others adds nothing of substance. Sure, a great many of these 'Gods' are intelligent; it is how the majority of them achieved their status. However, they are not infallible. When you copypasta their arguments but cannot support it, yet you purport its truthfulness on the basis of your faith and adoration of its originator, you have committed a logical fallacy.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:05 pm
You're sick. I know this, You made it very clear when you made that stupid little face and slouched down on the couch like you've died.

But, I find it odd that someone so sick can argue with me when I state that it would be safer for said person to go to their ******** room instead of laying all over the place. Never mind the 1 year old baby running around the house who loves to touch with everything her little heart can think of. Let's not even touch on the other things completely wrong with your logic on how a sick person should deal with themselves.

On a side note, I think you have the H1N1. Please quarantine yourself before you infect the whole house because if I get sick or the baby, I swear I'm going to punch you in the mouth.

~~~

I get it, Your daughter is sick. I just find it strange how you go out of your way to make 'chicken broth' soup, buy orange juice flavored Gatorade, give up my Mother's and your bedroom, and tend to her every waiting need when if I'm sick, I get told to stop crying and stay in my room.

All I asked was, "Why don't you ever do that for me when I'm sick?"

Personally, If I would have known the answer that was going to pour out of your mouth, I would have never asked.

I'm sorry I'm such a shitty person to bond with and you don't even see me as someone good enough to be your daughter. I'm sorry you gave up on me the moment you walked through the doors of my house. I'm sorry that I'm just some dumb fat whore that you can't wait for me to get pregnant and be able to force me out of the house. You're so right when you say how intelligent you are compared to how irrational and stupid I am. I'm just like my stupid bitchy Mother.

You are so pathetic, a waste of precious air. Please move the ******** out of my house and take your dumb ******** of a daughter with you. The only good thing you've ever done with your life is get my Mother pregnant with Addison which you've been bitching about since she was born.

I'm sick of your conditional love and I hate myself for ever thinking you could be a Father figure to me. I thought you said you loved me.

Namikikyo

chaoticpuppet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:33 pm
Shearaha
chaoticpuppet
Shearaha
chaoticpuppet
I HATE it when people wear their white lab coats outside the lab. Yeah, I get it, your a med student or Ph. D. student, you feel all excited about your lab coat and everything. However, this is a ******** research institution, and those white lab coats are designed so that when you are in the lab, you don't get s**t all over your clothes. They are NOT meant for you to walk around the lobby in and infect me with some disease while we wait for the damned elevator.

Bolded won't happen. I know, yes the lab coats are designed for working in a lab, but whenever an individual is working with an infectious agent extra PPE is required. Whenever an individual goes into an area where there's a potentionly infectious agent extra PPE is required.

Then why is the AMA considering a ban on white lab coats?

EDIT: It doesn't prove you can get sick from a white coat, just that the AMA is looking into the possibility of it happening.

Same reason there are sections of my facility that you HAVE to shower into. Not everyone follows the rules. And it's just not plausible to have some one in every lab and calssroom looking over everyones shoulder to make sure they maintain standards.

Then it is a possibility to become contaminated (or infected) if a person working in a lab with some chemical or biological compound (or infectious disease) does not follow the safety precautions and wears the lab coat outside the lab.

Quote:
That article is also looking at patients in hospitals getting secondary infections. IE doctor saw patient A with disease X then went and saw patient B with disease Y, patient B later developes disease X when patients A & B never had physical contact.

Granted that persons A & B had weakened immune responses due to already being sick, it is still possible to infect the coat and thereby become infected.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with the lab coats themselves, they just need shorter sleaves. We have short sleaved ones where I work.

If there were nothing wrong with the coats, you wouldn't need short sleeved ones in the first place.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:45 am
chaoticpuppet
Shearaha
chaoticpuppet
Shearaha
chaoticpuppet
I HATE it when people wear their white lab coats outside the lab. Yeah, I get it, your a med student or Ph. D. student, you feel all excited about your lab coat and everything. However, this is a ******** research institution, and those white lab coats are designed so that when you are in the lab, you don't get s**t all over your clothes. They are NOT meant for you to walk around the lobby in and infect me with some disease while we wait for the damned elevator.

Bolded won't happen. I know, yes the lab coats are designed for working in a lab, but whenever an individual is working with an infectious agent extra PPE is required. Whenever an individual goes into an area where there's a potentionly infectious agent extra PPE is required.

Then why is the AMA considering a ban on white lab coats?

EDIT: It doesn't prove you can get sick from a white coat, just that the AMA is looking into the possibility of it happening.

Same reason there are sections of my facility that you HAVE to shower into. Not everyone follows the rules. And it's just not plausible to have some one in every lab and calssroom looking over everyones shoulder to make sure they maintain standards.

Then it is a possibility to become contaminated (or infected) if a person working in a lab with some chemical or biological compound (or infectious disease) does not follow the safety precautions and wears the lab coat outside the lab.

Quote:
That article is also looking at patients in hospitals getting secondary infections. IE doctor saw patient A with disease X then went and saw patient B with disease Y, patient B later developes disease X when patients A & B never had physical contact.

Granted that persons A & B had weakened immune responses due to already being sick, it is still possible to infect the coat and thereby become infected.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with the lab coats themselves, they just need shorter sleaves. We have short sleaved ones where I work.

If there were nothing wrong with the coats, you wouldn't need short sleeved ones in the first place.

It's not the coats themselves that are the problem, it's the people wearing them. Like the article you linked said we still don't have doctors washing their hands 100% of the time. Patient B could have gotten sick because the doctor didn't wash their hands. People are going to cut corners, but the risks of getting sick from being in the same area as a lab coat is minimal. You're more likely to get sick from pushing elevator buttons because the person before you didn't wash their hands.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

chaoticpuppet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:06 am
Shearaha
It's not the coats themselves that are the problem, it's the people wearing them.

I'm not trying to say that there is anything wrong with the coat, that is, until such a time when it becomes contaminated.

Not only that, but the general public, even the smaller public inside a building, that has some person wearing a lab coat outside the lab has no idea if that coat is contaminated. Therefore, it would seem to be most prudent to not wear said coat outside of the lab.

Quote:
Like the article you linked said we still don't have doctors washing their hands 100% of the time. Patient B could have gotten sick because the doctor didn't wash their hands.

This is true. Maybe the AMA should research whether short sleeved coats correlate with fewer cases of secondary illness.

Quote:
People are going to cut corners, but the risks of getting sick from being in the same area as a lab coat is minimal.

Minimal or not, it is still a risk; is it not?

However, if people cut corners washing their own hands, would it not be safe to assume that people cut corners wearing their lab coats?

Maybe my statement of getting an sick from someone wearing the coat was a little too harsh, however, there is still a relatively decent chance of becoming contaminated, whether or not I get sick.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 am
chaoticpuppet
Shearaha
It's not the coats themselves that are the problem, it's the people wearing them.

I'm not trying to say that there is anything wrong with the coat, that is, until such a time when it becomes contaminated.

Not only that, but the general public, even the smaller public inside a building, that has some person wearing a lab coat outside the lab has no idea if that coat is contaminated. Therefore, it would seem to be most prudent to not wear said coat outside of the lab..

Probably, but there are some people (from my experiance here) that have one coat they wear in the lab and only in the lab. The one they wear out and about is the one they wear on rounds or when seeing patients. I'm sure this isn't true for every one or even most but there are people who do.

chaoticpuppet
Shearaha
Like the article you linked said we still don't have doctors washing their hands 100% of the time. Patient B could have gotten sick because the doctor didn't wash their hands.

This is true. Maybe the AMA should research whether short sleeved coats correlate with fewer cases of secondary illness..

Not a bad idea. It would shed light on wether it's the coats or the doctors themselves that are spreading the disease.

chaoticpuppet
Shearaha
People are going to cut corners, but the risks of getting sick from being in the same area as a lab coat is minimal.

Minimal or not, it is still a risk; is it not?

However, if people cut corners washing their own hands, would it not be safe to assume that people cut corners wearing their lab coats?

Maybe my statement of getting an sick from someone wearing the coat was a little too harsh, however, there is still a relatively decent chance of becoming contaminated, whether or not I get sick.

The bolded is what I was trying to get across.
There is a chance, but it's very small. I'd like to think that most people care enough about their own health to at least follow lab saftey enough that they don't get sick with whatever they're working with.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:14 pm
Thanks. Thanks a whole huge ******** for not even apologizing for making me cry at work before you went to sleep IN MY ******** BED. And I know tomorrow all you'll say is "Well you were angry and not talking to me." MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY TO ******** APOLOGIZE? MAYBE I'M NOT ******** TALKING TO YOU BECAUSE I FEEL THAT YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE TO SPEAK FIRST??? This is the way ALL of our fights go. I always wait for you to speak first because if I speak to you first, I'd end up telling you to get the ******** out. Every. Single. Fight. Why is it so hard for you to understand?

You're such an a*****e. If I had a place to go and the money to get there, Toby and I would be GONE.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:21 pm
Depression is nasty.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:51 pm
Aino Ailill
When the people complain that EDers are egotistic and only come to the forums to masturbate to their own, self-perceived, intellectual superiority, it is you they have in mind. It would be nice if you could provide something of substance and drop the elitist attitude.

As for y'all, stop worshiping the 'Gods' and start formulating your own argument. Simply posting as fans and snidely insulting others adds nothing of substance. Sure, a great many of these 'Gods' are intelligent; it is how the majority of them achieved their status. However, they are not infallible. When you copypasta their arguments but cannot support it, yet you purport its truthfulness on the basis of your faith and adoration of its originator, you have committed a logical fallacy.
But I haven't posted in M&R in days! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
after a two-hour crying fit and constantly checking that my door is locked, I've determined that I seriously need to get back in therapy. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can afford it.  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:42 pm
Calixti
after a two-hour crying fit and constantly checking that my door is locked, I've determined that I seriously need to get back in therapy. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can afford it.
Are there any local Health and Behavior aid programs?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:06 pm
Appearently I am not getting my transfer because I have bad attitude toward my manager. I may have when I first started but it's been 1 year and a half now. Anyway I don't see how I'm going to repair that image since I work nights and have little interaction, so my best bet might be to seek new employment in a different line of work and actually focus on getting that undergrad thesis finished.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Calixti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:33 am
TeaDidikai
Calixti
Are there any local Health and Behavior aid programs?
There's Counseling and Psychological Services at the campus health centre, and they do take military insurance for primary care--I just have to check to see if they take it for psychological care, if the clinic will take it for psychological care, and if the cost with insurance is low enough that I can swing it. But even with a reduced cost, it may have to wait until I have a job.

The difficulty I'm having finding a job, incidentally, probably contributed to tonight's break. Between a death in the family, trouble in classes, trouble with money, insomnia treatment (thankfully free, between reduced health clinic costs and insurance) and unemployment, things have not been pretty lately.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games