Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
British Gaians... show your faces! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hrotsvita

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:35 pm
dreaming_mouse
Pirate pictures! xd

eek sweatdrop can't be, but just in case- ever stop by the alconburies?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:24 am
I got glasses. It was inevitable. All my family have had them since they were at least twelve years old. Succumbing to the genetic inevitable in the month before my 21st birthday isn't all that bad.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:30 am
Poor Francis.

I grew out of mine, not into them.

They do make you look rather distinguished, though: distinguished and intelligent. They also bring the air of implication that you might, just might be a superhero in your spare time.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:29 am
Stylish glasses are the way forward.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

[Finrod]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:45 pm
Francis, you need a pipe, I think.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:54 pm
[Finrod]
Francis, you need a pipe, I think.

I must concur on this point.  

Smigg-the-Miserable

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:36 pm
A pipe? I have three, possibly four. It depends quite how 'temporarily' misplaced my rough pipe is.

Pre-ban with original (now lost) pipe. Drunk.

Post-ban with a newer pipe. Sober.

Since the ban, snuff seems the be 'the thing' at university.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:19 pm
Boolean Julian
3nodding I actually think I look better with glasses than without... could just be 'cause I'm not used to seeing me without glasses though (well, I cant really see anything without glasses)  

xXx White Lily xXx

Heterodyne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:34 pm
xXx White Lily xXx
Boolean Julian
3nodding I actually think I look better with glasses than without... could just be 'cause I'm not used to seeing me without glasses though (well, I cant really see anything without glasses)

Let's hope I find some decent ones tomorrow... my best pair remain lost to the murky depths of the Cam, and my spare pair snapped at the hinge in a way perfectly orchestrated to hang uselessly off the side of my face. I'll cultivate the deprived arts student look for a couple more years before I resort to sellotape... sweatdrop

I owe my existence to failing vision - my grandfather's eyesight went awry while he was in the Merchant Navy, and he was decomissioned. After a month stranded in the tropics, he came home to England and married my grandmother. heart Glasses, therefore = awesome.

(Shisha's the thing in most of the colleges, post smoking ban, although it plays havoc with the fire alarms...)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:51 am
Why would Hookahs be any less in contravention of the law? Or is the point not to keep within the law, but to break it as ostentatiously as possible?

I quite like that latter hypothesis.

Invictus_88
Captain

Smigg-the-Miserable

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:51 am
Simply because I can:

User Image
I be a piratical rapskallion and rascal of the spanish main. Arrr!

User Image
It should be noted that as talented as Mr. Smigg is, he is not actually a qualified scientist.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:09 am
The smoking ban really has only served to blur the line between the legal and the less legal smokers.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Hrotsvita

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:26 am
My father and I are the only ones who don't wear glasses in my family, and I can't help but think some people are just better looking in them- I'd get fake ones if the idea wasn't so damn stupid whee  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:59 am
I've grown quite fond of my glasses since I started wearing them full time. I just don't quite seem to look right without them any more. Not to mention everything becomes rather blurry.  

Smigg-the-Miserable

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:02 am
I'm not so sure about the blurry thing. I quite like that soft edge to everything distant; it helps me focus on what I'm supposed to be doing, it stops me being distracted when I'm talking to people and I don't pick up on annoying cracks in my university buildings.

When I wear my glasses I find myself back where I was as a child. That is to say, forever distracted by things outside the window, or a friend crossing the road, or a bird on a windowsill, or a novel sort of window frame. It's subtle, but strange.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games