Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:26 pm
User Image
In your eyes I see your broken soul
And there's nowhere for my spirit to go
See the light that burns inside of you
And I know that I'll be close to you

═════════════════════════════════════
Celaena Elspeth Snow
Gryffindor Third Year Reserve Keeper Dating Julius Xanders

Into the darkness we can fly
Upon the wings of your desire
I see the light

Celaena had lifted the apple to take another bite as he talked about her confirmed opinion. She bit into it and pulled it away to take a piece and started to chew when the apple disappeared. She looked over and blushed brightly as Julius took a bite of the apple. He returned it, but her mind was already racing. He had taken the apple and jokingly bit into it. T-they... just shared saliva... Like a kiss, just with food... Okay... So she was totally thinking too much into the apple thing. They had already kissed... So it shouldn't matter right? But... They hadn't exactly kissed... That way, yet... And it seemed like it was going kinda fast... Stop it celaena! She snapped at herself before taking a bite into the apple, well a small bite...

"I slept in a bit by accident. My alarm didn't go off, and i'd been studying a little late last night. I'm only happy that I woke up when I did. This is my breakfast." She said still pretty red in the face. When Toby was asked to be VC she looked over at the older boy hoping that he'd say yes. Toby was really reliable in quidditch. She looked back over at Julius and slanted her eyes at him. "If you wanted a kiss, you should have woken me up before you came down to the field." She said teasing. Then took another bite of her apple.

We're floating on a cloud of love
With you I just can't get enough
I see the light

╔═════════════════════╗
I'm looking rather cute in my My try out clothes
And it feels good to be with people like My team mates and Julius
Although my mind keeps wandering to Should I do Chaser or Keeper?

╚═════════════════════╝

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:59 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position: Seeker
Currently: LOOKING FOR THE SNITCH or CHASING THE SNITCH or ATTEMPTING TO CATCH

Chasing the Snitch: XXX/3
Catching the Snitch: XXX/2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hmm?" Julius said as he had watched Celaena contemplate the apple for a moment before taking a small bite where he had. She seemed fairly embarrassed and that was when he blushed slightly looking away. He hadn't really thought of it being that big of deal, but still... he listened as she explained how she had woke up late. Maybe that was why she was embarrassed as she was? It could be only that... maybe. At least he wasn't greeting her with "girlfriend" as a title like the upperclassman in question for the announced vice captain position just did. Then again, that might explain partially why Ronna didn't want the position. Wouldn't it be if your boyfriend got it you were pretty much guarenteed a spot-or you were if you weren't dreadful. And besides did they even have any beaters who were half as experienced as either Toby or Ronna? Actually when those two graduated it was going to be fairly rough on the team.

His thoughts were distracted quickly when Celaena narrowed her eyes at him and added that if he wanted to a kiss he should have woke her up before he left for the field. Ah, well that explained the slight embarrasment about the apple didn't it? He just bit into the fruit right where she was and so she of course paused before taking another bite. Probably sharing food was not a good idea-or not if her older sister was around, she seemed sort of the overprotective type. "While that would have been a brilliant idea, guys aren't able to get into the girls dorms, remember," Julius answered finally with a casual shrug before returning his attention to the debate about who was to be the Quidditch vice-captain.

shabatha
Quote:
Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:17 pm
Weep for yourself, my man...
You'll never be what is in your heart.
Weep, little lion man...
You're not as brave as you were at the start.
Rate yourself and rake yourself...
Take all the courage you have left.
And waste it on fixing all the problems-
That you made in your own head!

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Sixth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Reserve Beater -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: ...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby's chin nearly hit his collar, he brought his gaze back down to earth so fast. He was sorta hoping what? Not that he was upset, but everyone else seemed to already think Ronna was vice captain, and he didn't want them all thinking he'd somehow usurped her or something. He was getting good with all these new words. Still, Crash looked uncomfortable, he couldn't leave the guy hanging-

"Ah, yeah. Yeah, I'd be happy to. Thanks," he said as confidently as he could while sneaking a look at Ronna. She was stepping back and crossing her arms. And raising an eyebrow. He had no idea if that meant she was annoyed with him, or would be if he'd said no. Either way, too late now. She'd made it clear she didn't want the position herself, but he wasn't entirely sure of her faith in him. He nodded a bit to everyone else gathered around, and hoped they weren't all staring at him in disbelief right now.

Your grace is wasted on your face and your boldness stands alone among the wreck.

Position: Beater
AC: 17
Mods: +7 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

But it was not your fault but mine!
And it was your heart on the line!
I really f***ed it up this time...
Didn't I, my dear?
Tremble for yourself, my man...
You know that you have seen this all before.
Tremble, little lion man...
You'll never settle any of your scores.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:31 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna was extremely impressed with her friends bravery. "You're amazing you know that right?" Ari grinned at her fearless friend. "Good luck by the way." She sent Nina a genuine smile. "Try not to knock me off my broom too many times, okay?" She glanced back at the captain and now the new vice-captain.

shabatha

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:11 pm

This is the sea of life, and I'm drownin' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know I can swim, but feel like I keep sinkin' down in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx these waters and I can't breathe, I feel like I'm gon' blow it
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I can see people holdin' a life jacket but they won't throw it

User Image

Captain Crash
Seventh Year Gryffindor

[Gryffindor Try-Outs]

”Cool, cool,” he nodded quickly. Crash did his best to maintain a calm facade, but at least it was easy to pretend to ignore his surroundings as he flashed through the forms. His mind was already dividing up the players into teams, it took him a moment to even it all out in his head before he cleared his throat and called out for attention. ”Alright, welcome to the try-outs, I'm Crash, that's Toby, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask one of us.” He pointed out before nodding his head. ”If you don't have a broom you're free to use one of the school brooms I brought out, we'll be flying laps around the field in just a moment. First, I'm going to split you up so you know where to go once we're done flying...

“We'll start with Red Team; I'll play keeper, the chasers are Leonette and Celaena, and beater is Ronna. For Gold Team; keeper will be Ariana, chasers are Danica, Tanya, and Nina, and Toby will be the beater. Julius, you'll be hunting the snitch on your own, for now. And when we do start, beaters, the seeker is off limits.”
                                                              He nodded affirmatively, made sure he had counted each head and gave his broom the up command into his hand. ”Two laps around the pitch and then into your positions, I'll release the quaffle when everyone's ready.”

Red Team: Keeper
                                                              L1 L2 L3
                                                              AC= 17
                                                              Mods= (+9 to block the quaffle) (+7 to flying)
                                                              Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                                              Total Roll:

[OOC: *Players; you do not need to wait for another post to begin playing. Post flying your laps and then going for the quaffle/bludger/snitch.* First years are welcome. See here for how to play quidditch.]

shabatha rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 4, 8, 10, 6, 9, 5, 10, 4, 3 Total: 66 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:24 pm
User Image

Celaena Elspeth Snow

I see the light

Celaena was about to respond with a, "you could have asked another girl to wake me..." but Crash started talking. And she was on team one. With Leo, and the other team had three chasers. Oh well, she was going to give her all anyway. Jumping on her broom, the blonde went around the pitch five times, enjoying the feeling of the wind before she stopped and waited for the quaffle to go into the air. When it did, Celaena went for it. She had to prove herself right?

Position: Chaser team Red
AC: 12
Modifiers: +4 Steal, +4 Catch
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Great Catch, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ <3 ] [ <3 ] [ <3 ] [ <3 ]

I see the light

╔═════════════════════╗
Although my mind keeps wandering to Let's go!

╚═════════════════════╝

mc2

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:44 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Ari was ecstatic with the position she was assigned. Maybe I'll do better as a keeper than a chaser. Ari walked forward to grab a school broom. She hadn't bothered buying her own yet. She grabbed one that didn't look as beat up as the rest. She grinned at the rest of the gold team. "Let's do this!" She mounted her broom and joined her team for the two laps around the field. As soon as her feet left the ground her nerves completely dissipated. She felt the cool breeze as she soared around the pitch finishing her two laps she soared over to her set of goals ready to defend.

Gold Team's Keeper
Modifiers: +2 Shooting, +2 Catching
Special Skills:Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:53 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Dani was a little surprised by Crash's choice of Vice-Captain, she'd figured Veronica would get the job, but then realized given what she knew was on her friend's plate it was probably just as well. "All right, Toby," she called out encouragingly, as he seemed to look as though he'd been physically stunned by the announcement.

As it stood her she and her friend were on opposite sides in the tryout scrimmages, just as they had both years she tried out. Dani rather hoped she could avoid getting beaned by Veronica this year; she was starting to collect broken bones like Veronica did at tryouts. However, with the Seeker out of bounds for this exercise, Dani knew she and the other Chasers would be like pigeons on a telephone line for Veronica and her Bludgers.

She was however happy when she heard Arianna's exortation to the rest of her fellow Gold Team members. "Good luck, Ari," Dani called out to the younger Keeper. "Don't let any of them through!"

Dani had her broomstick out of its case, and it leaped eagerly from the ground upon her command, like a thoroughbred chomping at the bit. Mounting her broom, she kicked off from the ground, and she felt the now-familiar rush wash over her as her feet were separated from the earth. 'Here is the only time I truly feel free,' she thought, 'but then I've been a far better pilot than I am a shooter. Maybe today I can be both.'

With a wicked smile, Dani launched herself through a lag roll, a snap barrel roll, to the right, before leaning into a climbing turn to the left. She sailed around the edge of the pitch at high speed, luxuriating with the feeling of freedom too long denied. After making a couple laps of the perimeter of the pitch, Dani pulled up and hovered, waiting for the balls to be released and the game to begin.

The instant the Quaffle was launched, Dani made her bid to be the first to win the face-off.

Gold Team Chaser

User Name: Graydon Ironshield
                                                      Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                      Year: Third
                                                      Years of Play: Two (Reserve Chaser One last season)
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Completed
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                      First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                      Second Position Choice: Seeker or Beater, whichever the team needs most.

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 14
                                                      Modifiers: +4 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                      Lives: (X) (X) (X)

OOC: Math corrected, thank you.

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Graydon Ironshield rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 9, 8, 4, 5, 8, 6, 7, 4, 8 Total: 66 (10-100)

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:58 pm
Graydon Ironshield
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Silly me, forgot to roll.

Gold Team Chaser

User Name: Graydon Ironshield
                                                      Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                      Year: Third
                                                      Years of Play: Two (Reserve Chaser One last season)
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Completed
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                      First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                      Second Position Choice: Seeker or Beater, whichever the team needs most.

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 14
                                                      Modifiers: +4 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                      Lives: (X) (X) (X)

OOC: Math corrected, thank you.

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:59 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya made the definitive "I ******** up" face when Ronna backed away clearly stating in her physical stance that she wasn't vice captain. Her eyes then widened when Toby was asked and he nervously accepted also causing them to shift over to his girlfriend to see her reaction. When she didn't see one she just assumed she was fine and offered her obligatory (if somewhat confused) congratulations to Toby for his vice captainship. She gave a silent sigh of relief when Crash separated them into teams and instructed them to do laps before waiting for the quaffle. Without a second glance she jumped upon her broom and did her laps around the pitch before returning to her position for the tossing of the quaffle.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

Position: Gold Team Chaser
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 for Swiping
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [<3] [<3] [<3]
To Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: ~

TryoutsWhere: Quidditch PitchWith: TeamThinking: This is our year!OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:06 pm
User Image

Celaena Elspeth Snow

I see the light

Celaena was at the ball, she could almost feel the red leather... When, something got her in the face, and her own had felt hair... What? She slipped off her broom a mere second, just spinning around the handle as she and Dani collided to get the quaffle. "Oh my god! Dani are you okay?!" She asked the other girl as she tried to right herself on the broom.

((according to Dia, we collided in the air, and now two others get to try for the quaffle xD ))

Position: Chaser team Red
Modifiers: +4 Steal, +4 Catch
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Great Catch, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ <3 ] [ <3 ] [ <3 ] [ <3 ]

I see the light

╔═════════════════════╗
Although my mind keeps wandering to Let's go!

╚═════════════════════╝

Graydon Ironshield

shabatha rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 1, 9, 7, 5, 10, 3, 9, 10 Total: 66 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:08 pm
User Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Since the day they got married
He'd been praying for a little baby boy
Someone he could take fishing
Throw the football, be his pride and joy

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

========================
Nina Kagome Vienna
Reserve Beater ♥ Single ♥ Second Year ♥ Gryffindor ♥ Muggleborn
========================

And now, he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet, little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American girl

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina chuckled at Ari before Cap'n crash had them get around the pitch. Getting on her broom, the dirty blonde haired girl went around the pitch twice before getting into position. When what do you know. Celaena and Dani collided in the air for the quaffle. Well, someone had to get the ball. She headed for the ball. Hopefully she didn't collide with any one...

Position: Chaser Gold Team
AC: 13
Modifiers: +2 Hit the Bludger
Special Skills: Mean swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ :3 ] [ :3 ] [ :3 ] [ :3 ]

╚═════════════════════╝

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

He could already see him holding that trophy
Taking his team to state
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket
All those big dreams changed

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

╔═════════════════════╗
I'm looking rather cute in my Tryout stuff
And it feels good to be with people like Gryffindor Team
Although my mind keeps wandering to Let's get this party Started!

╚═════════════════════╝

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:19 am
User Image
Lives:

Currently: LOOKING FOR THE SNITCH

Chasing the Snitch: XXX/3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All joking between him and Celaena was pushed aside as Toby a bit bewildered accepted the position and Crash split the group into teams. He adopted his quiet seriousness as he took to making a few laps around the field when the snitch was released and then his search began- just as out of the corner of his eye he caught sight of the crash with the chasers and winced before returning to his search. He was sure Danica and his girlfriend was fine-if not something would have been said fairly quickly.
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:59 am
User Image
Lives:

Position: Beater (Red Team)
Aiming at/Blocking for: XXX/XXX

Opponents hit: XXX
Opponents missed: XXX
Bludgers blocked: XXXX

Ronna narrowed her eyes at Toby when he sneaked a look at her after agreeing to being vice captain and she was half tempted to deck him for it. Did he seriously think he needed her approval or something. Well, granted she would have probably thought of killing him if he said no, but that was different... She smiled slightly in thanks to Crash before glancing at the others and saw Danica slight surprise and Tanya looking a bit horrified she had jumped the gun. Why did everyone assume she wanted every leadership position handed to her? Sure she tried out year after year for beater-even when it was well known the captain at the time and her didn't see eye to eye, but she had stuck it out, but that didn't mean she made quidditch that big of a priority. Besides, she had already expressed her empathetic 'no' to being a vice-captain, which she only had brought up because so many had kept pushing him and her towards that. Her and Crash spent over a year avoiding each other-she was pretty sure that was good reason them as captain and vice-captain wouldn't work. Of course, she had failed to mention to Toby that she had had a crush on Crash and had... well there was the infamous apple incident. Best not to exactly mention names on that one.

She stretched as she listened to Crash begin after Toby accepted the position as Vice-Captain. Two teams. Two chasers on one-three on the other. Two beaters. And then only one person for seeker-Xanders-one of the blue haired triplets-who had been their only reserve last year for seeker. She raised a brow, as she picked up her broom and said to Toby, with a smile, "You know, I'd wish you luck or break a leg or something-but it seems wrong, especially the last one, considering I broke your ankle last year. How about, I'll avoid breaking anything too damaging out of respect to you being the new vice-captain?"

Then, she lifted to the air did a lap around the field with the others and then settled into a spot in the air waiting for the chasers to fight it out before aiming bludgers at anyone. Of course, judging by the crash of Celaena and Danica-which made Ronna wince the slightest-she reckoned an iron ball flying towards the middle of that mess was the last thing they needed at the moment. Besides, it wasn't like she really was competing against anyone for the position of beater-not like her early years. It was almost sad to go into try outs and realize that bludgers weren't going to be flying at you constantly.

The Forgotten Weasley
Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:34 am
User Image
Lives:

Currently: CHASING THE SNITCH (Previous Roll was 13+6=19, Snitch spotted)

Chasing the Snitch: 1/3

As Julius eyes returned to the search of the snitch he immediately caught the glint of gold he knew to be the snitch and dove forward. Then again, last year he found spotting the snitch had been the easy part of being a seeker-his bad luck had been trying to catch the tiny (and fast) flying golden ball. He wasn't trying to beat anyone this year, but there was no reason not to make a game out of it and see just how quickly he could get to and secure the snitch. Besides maybe some late comer out of nowhere would show up and prove to be amazing and make him look like a complete idiot flying around in pointless circles. It was probably unlikely, but it could happen, right?
Quote:
Quote:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games