Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
The Library! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:58 pm
"Hazel 10¾", Firm, with a Phoenix feather core is my wand. I once read something about the magical woods used to make wands. Let's see if I can remember....ah yes now I remember!

Hazel is a sensitive wand, hazel often reflects its owner's emotional state, and works best for a master who understands and can manage their own feelings. Others should be very careful handling a hazel wand if its owner has recently lost their tempter, or suffered a serious disappointment, because the wand will absorb the energy and discharge it unpredictably. The positive aspect of a hazel wand more than makes up for such minor discomforts, however, as it is capable of outstanding magic in the hands of the skillful, and is so devoted to its owner that it often 'wilts'--meaning it expels all its magic and refuses to perform, often requiring extracting the core and inserting another casing, if the wand is still required--at the end of its master's life. However, if the core is unicorn hair, there is no hope; the wand will almost certainly have 'died'. Hazel wands also have the unique ability to detect water underground, and will emit silvery, tear-shaped puffs of smoke if passing over concealed springs and wells."

Panting, Hailey looked at the two other girls with a smile on her face.

"In regards to your possible concern of becoming a dark witch...well there are several factors to this. A few would be your environment, your personality, your mind as well. I actually think your wand has very little to do with it. It all boils down to you yourself. Of course that's just my opinion mind you."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:19 pm
ApostleOfTheWind13
"Hazel 10¾", Firm, with a Phoenix feather core is my wand. I once read something about the magical woods used to make wands. Let's see if I can remember....ah yes now I remember!

Hazel is a sensitive wand, hazel often reflects its owner's emotional state, and works best for a master who understands and can manage their own feelings. Others should be very careful handling a hazel wand if its owner has recently lost their tempter, or suffered a serious disappointment, because the wand will absorb the energy and discharge it unpredictably. The positive aspect of a hazel wand more than makes up for such minor discomforts, however, as it is capable of outstanding magic in the hands of the skillful, and is so devoted to its owner that it often 'wilts'--meaning it expels all its magic and refuses to perform, often requiring extracting the core and inserting another casing, if the wand is still required--at the end of its master's life. However, if the core is unicorn hair, there is no hope; the wand will almost certainly have 'died'. Hazel wands also have the unique ability to detect water underground, and will emit silvery, tear-shaped puffs of smoke if passing over concealed springs and wells."

Panting, Hailey looked at the two other girls with a smile on her face.

"In regards to your possible concern of becoming a dark witch...well there are several factors to this. A few would be your environment, your personality, your mind as well. I actually think your wand has very little to do with it. It all boils down to you yourself. Of course that's just my opinion mind you."

"Wow. So all three of our wands are completely different. That's interesting. I'm glad mine isn't hazel wood because my emotions can be all over the place. I love learning about these things!"  

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:23 am
"Ha ha, my emotions sometimes get away from me so I'll definitely have to be careful of that! But, our wands chose us all for a reason."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm
ApostleOfTheWind13
"Ha ha, my emotions sometimes get away from me so I'll definitely have to be careful of that! But, our wands chose us all for a reason."

"Yeah they sure do. I'm so happy! I can't wait for our classes to start up. Do y'all know if anything has been said about when that is going to happen yet?"  

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:06 pm
"Hm, I'm not entirely sure myself. I haven't checked recently to be honest. For now, I'm assuming they're waiting for more students to be sorted or to return."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:46 pm
"Yeah probably." Kenzie glances back at her book, while still fiddling with her wand, "At least we can get ahead in our studies before classes start."  

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 am
"yup,i can't wait cause i just loveeeeee leaarning interesting things" smiled rabbit "And wow hails you sure do belong in ravenclaw"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 pm
"Learning can be fun a long as you're learning about singing you are interested in."  

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:43 pm
"yup pretty much"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm
TheBlackCheshireCatsLover
"yup,i can't wait cause i just loveeeeee leaarning interesting things" smiled rabbit "And wow hails you sure do belong in ravenclaw"
"Ha ha yeah I guess I do. To be honest I thought I'd be sorted into Slytherin so when the Sorting Hat called out Ravenclaw I was surprised."  

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 am
ApostleOfTheWind13
TheBlackCheshireCatsLover
"Ha ha yeah I guess I do. To be honest I thought I'd be sorted into Slytherin so when the Sorting Hat called out Ravenclaw I was surprised."[/quo

"Really ,why would you think that? "

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:30 am
"Well, I've always been a little cynical so I figured that would stand out to the Sorting Hat the most and that just seems like a Slytherin trait."  

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:30 pm
ApostleOfTheWind13
"Well, I've always been a little cynical so I figured that would stand out to the Sorting Hat the most and that just seems like a Slytherin trait."

"actually thats a ravenclaw trait also ,i thought i would get gryffindor "  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 am
"Is cynicism really a Ravenclaw trait? That's kind of surprising. Then again, I didn't really know that much about Ravenclaw before being sorted and even now I'm still researching.

So you thought you'd get into Gryffindor? Ha ha, that's quite a leap for you then!"

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Tibbers Dream

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:54 am
ApostleOfTheWind13
"Is cynicism really a Ravenclaw trait? That's kind of surprising. Then again, I didn't really know that much about Ravenclaw before being sorted and even now I'm still researching.

So you thought you'd get into Gryffindor? Ha ha, that's quite a leap for you then!"

"pfff tell me about it haha "  
Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces