Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:36 am
As long as you don't spoil it for others it's all good. Spoilers will be shot, hung and castrated.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:53 pm
Syrina Ravinsk
I'm currently writing a book myself about a Commissar who goes up against Slaaneshi and Khorne cultists in a big ol battle.

Also, the ending of Sabbat Martyr was kinda depressing, dont you think?

I'd think most things with 'martyr' in the title would be depressing.  

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:06 pm
well..not really...it had a good ending for certain characters...i still cant figure out what happned to one of them though...the psyker guy...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:42 am
Syrina Ravinsk
i still cant figure out what happned to one of them though...the psyker guy...

Psyker guy? You mean.. Damn, what's his name? The guardsman who keeps getting messages from himself? I'm not sure if this constitutes a spoiler, so I'll continue this post in white...

He was taken by the blackships. They're big black ships that are run by the Inquisition, which travel all around the Imperium collecting psykers to take back to Earth. They test them en-route and work out what to do with them: Some go to the Adeptus Astra Telepathica to become Astropaths, some join the choir of pyskers that make up the Astronomican, some (those who aren't powerful or stable enough) are fed to the Emperor, and a few find their way into the Inquisiton. My former housemate reckons it would be amusing if this last option happened and he came back. "Right, sell me out to the blackships will you, you bastards..."

If you were talking about some other guy then ignore me, as I'm probably rambling...

Matt the girl

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:48 pm
Soric is his name.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:33 pm
So far i have only read Warrior Brood. I'm going to read 15 Hours, Fire Warrior, and Dawn of War. Have any of you read any of those? Are they good?  

SpaceMarine1193

Vinnicius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:28 pm
Eh, not yet...although I am going to read Fifteen hours as soon as I'm done with the Grey Knights novel. It's actually sitting right in front of me as we speak...with that stupid little guardsmen charging an rather large Ork. stare I can already tell this is going to be a good one...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:05 pm
Oh, well...thanks for telling me that. stare
Ah well, I wasn't planning on getting...that into it anyway. (If he's really that main or anything.)  

Vinnicius

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:42 am
Stupid people ALWAYS give away the end. Think before you type you dolt!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:14 pm
Eh, so that does have importance in the story then... stare
I suppose the book is still worth reading, I'm hoping that isn't the "top-dawg" of the main characters though, or I will be sorely dissappointed with you utherus.

By the way Brookman, you are as I'm aware an moderator here correct? I would suggest getting rid of that post before it spoils it for anyone else...just a suggestion though.  

Vinnicius

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:41 am
I'm extra careful with that, I don't want to turn out as the "friendly neighbourhood nazi".

EDIT.

The next person to post a spoiler will be spanked with a nail punctured cricket bat and then strung up upside down so others can use that person as a pinata. I am not kidding people, do NOT post spoilers or twists of plotlines here. You'll only ruin it for others.

THINK before you POST.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:13 pm
Lt_Brookman
I'm extra careful with that, I don't want to turn out as the "friendly neighbourhood nazi".

EDIT.

The next person to post a spoiler will be spanked with a nail punctured cricket bat and then strung up upside down so others can use that person as a pinata. I am not kidding people, do NOT post spoilers or twists of plotlines here. You'll only ruin it for others.

THINK before you POST.

Eh, yes well...still you do what you have to do. Thank you for getting rid of that.
Anyway, I'm nearing the end of the novel Grey Knights, and have realised I really don't think Ben Counter knows how to actually write out a dedicated warrior under the emperor's actual thoughts during battle. Eh, so many times he has the squad leader's entering battle fields thinking nothing but "I am going to die" and "This is where a Grey Knight will finally turn, I know it" which, well isn't going to happen. stare
Anyone else?  

Vinnicius

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:35 pm
C.S. Goto can't write novels in my opinion. Manuals about history okay, but ugh, Warrior Brood was just boring.

Achtung, this is my opinion and not yours. MINE. Not you.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:50 pm
Eh, Warrior Brood? I saw that one the other day and was thinking about purchasing it. Is it really that bad? Didn't look significantly interesting from my glance, but it didn't look horrible either.  

Vinnicius

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games