Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RiverSprite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:48 pm
When you het told to not talk to each other during rehersal start writing notes to each other on your arms, music, etc. and make it extremely obvious until he/she can bear it no more.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:28 pm
*Keep your trumpet mute in one of your friend's case so you have an excuse to get out of class to walk a block 1/2 to his car to get the mutes when he forgets them

*Attempt to chug a coke so you can use it as a mute when you forget yours.

(The first one really happened to me and my friend and the second one happened just to my friend today)  

Celebmir89

Furishikiru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:55 pm
With a mouth full of food say his name. Then call him that for the rest of the year or give him a weird nickname.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:47 pm
We do these Polly Pocket movies were each member of the band is represented by a Polly Pocket. And we took this one guy we don't like and we set if Polly Pocket on fire and taped it for 30 minutes. XDD And we made one of our director going, "IT'S A WHOLE NOTE, YOU IDIOTS! CAN'T YOU SEE MY BATON! IT'S HUGE! IT'S LIKE A TREE! I PUT PINK NEON LIGHTS ON IT! ARE YOU BLIND?!" And my friend, who is in love with her oboe was like, "I'm too good for this band. Come, Oboelina, we march!" And we have these dramas with the Polly Pockets.  

[Lovely]

CorinneAnidemi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:02 pm
Have all the lower instruments (and alto sax, because they can't help it) play really loud and obnoxiously, because the flutes can't do anything about it.

Teach yourself the song that never ends, or something equally annoying, and play it loudly during warmups. Stay after class for a couple minutes and do the same.

At a concert, loudly ask "SO WHAT SONGS ARE WE DOING AGAIN?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:05 pm
froggyfluf
call him up at 3 in the morning to say hi.
but my band directors up at 3 in the morning stare (hes a little bit on the weird side)  

smfreak27

smfreak27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:06 pm
any way sry bout me reanting but a real way to anoy them is to play before class like when everyone is still getiing there instruments together that really gets my teacher..  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:23 pm
Create gangsta moves, break dances, hip-hop moves, ect. to the songs you play.  

KiahWMConnie

KiahWMConnie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:24 pm
KiahWMConnie
Create gangsta moves, break dances, hip-hop moves, ect. to the songs you play.

Oh, ya! and be sure to inclue the moon walk, the pelvic thrust, and the robot!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:45 pm
When he comes over to talk to a you and your friends, tell him he's a dominatrix. Lunches are fun with my band posse... the sub'll never recover from that one, nor will we. Funny thing is, we were actually talking about dominatrixes and how everyone could picture me as one xd  

Drops on Existance

lyssiah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:16 am
I annoyed my director by existing, when failing that I annoyed his assistant.
(Speaking as a horn player, we always get away with things because they ignore us!) Sit indian style while playing and never put your hand in the bell. Also if your not sure of fingerings, make them up as you go!
Two weeks later, inform them of your bad posture and lack of tuning... They are so frustrated becuase they can't yell at you for being ignored! 3nodding
The sad thing is that my directors never noticed our "improvised" fingerings. My college director got a real kick out of the story though! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:13 pm
Make your instruments have sex. xd My trombone and the tuba player's tuba are always getting it on in the back. Lol...  

trombone chica

KiahWMConnie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:58 pm
For trombone players: when you go to 6th or 7th position, always "accidentaly" throw your slide off the end. I've done it before. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:40 pm
There's a part in Shrek 2 where about 14 trumpets are playing and when they're done, this one guy starts playing Hawaii 5-0. One of our trumpets did this one year.  

KiahWMConnie

Luftblasen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:17 pm
Play chicken. After the cutoff, everyone keeps playing until they're too terrified of the director killing them to play anymore. The last one left playing wins. This is only fun if the band director has instilled a fear of god into you and then managed to convince you all that they ARE god. XD  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games