Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Humphrey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:09 pm
Heyo! My real name is Jen, and you can call me by that or my username. I don't mind.
I've been drawing for almost nine years. I started at age nine in 1998 and now I'm 16, turning 17 in September. I've mainly drawn anime and what not, but I've recently ventured into Western style art. Anime gets a bit tiring after a while, so I switch it up with the various drawing styles at my disposal. I usually draw on paper and ink/color the drawings in Photoshop, but I've got a pack of Prismacolor markers that I've been frequently using. I like to oekaki, but I'm never on enough to actually do any.
I live in Florida and I'm a sophomore in high school. My dream job is to be a comic book artist (as well as a lot of other people ^^; ). My only obstacle is that I'm a horrible procrastinator and I'm very indecisive about the storyline to my comics. I tend to write stories about gay relationships, though it may be overdone. I don't do fan comics involving slash, however. If I can't make it in comics, I want to be an illustrator or an animator.
Other things: I love gaming. I usually play RPGs. I play piano, but I'm out of practice because I'm working on my art and things as such. I love reading, but the books can't be boring. I have to be compelled, or I'll drop the book then and there. I'm left handed, and I've got weird ways to say things according to my friends. I walk with things on my head and I'm one of the few people in my school who puts effort in knowing English.

Wow. I've typed a lot. Sorry. :[

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:15 pm
Iyou
Kotoko - Yeah, I helped make the costumes and then helped the actors change and put wigs on and stuff during the actual shows. And by "helped make the costumes," I mean "was forced to sew buttons and snaps onto random articles of clothing for a total of eighteen hours when I totally could have been doing something better with my time." D:

Stupid class requirements. If doing all that wasn't required for a grade, I wouldn't have done any of it. But I'm such a loser that I'll do almost anything to get a good grade.

kiba - Hi! heart C'mon in and make yourself comfortable. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. whee

Neithan - But you see, when you procrastinate, you immediately get what you want - free time! xd Actually doing work is remarkably silly in comparison. (And I say this as I'm supposed to be writing a report that's due tomorrow, lol.)
Oh, goodness. o_____o;; That's a lot of time for sewing buttons.

xDD; Me, too.  

KotokoPlum

Neithan

Heart Singing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:22 pm
Belated thanks for the welcome! Yes, procrastination == free time (now XD; ) == happee!

So many talented artists~ @ o @ *feels a bit intimidated*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:35 pm
hello~ whee
i'm a mysterious person, muwahahaha twisted
nice to meet you all whee  

nikoobu

pach_work

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:03 pm
I SEE NIKOOBU biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:04 pm
Ooooo Pach!! *waves* twisted  

nikoobu

J o u b i l e e

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:32 pm
Neithan
Belated thanks for the welcome! Yes, procrastination == free time (now XD; ) == happee!

So many talented artists~ @ o @ *feels a bit intimidated*
Haha, same here. >_<

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:43 pm
nikoobu
Ooooo Pach!! *waves* twisted

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin <3  

pach_work

Apriorism

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..::[ - K |N| O [C] K- ]::.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
♪Gotta knock A litt.l|e| harder brea k through th[e] [D]oor ♪

If I catch you with my properton, such as my BUMP, info, graphics, and art; I'll report you. D<
@ Everyone :: Stop drawing so pretty.
You are all making us feel bad. D:<
-Poofs out-
[ - Sadness Inserted Here - ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:55 pm
So many talents in one place. O_o
-Zunesoutforasec-
Bah, I say "KEEP DRAWING PRETTY ARTS FOR MY EYES TO FEAST UPON'.
I guess that if you look at it positively, it's nice to have peeps to look up. It makes you wanna better yourself.

J o u b i l e e

The Flying Piano

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:27 pm
[Waves] Greetings. ^^ Feel free to refer to me as Piano or TFP.

I've been drawing since...a while ago. <.< My style is mostly realistic, but I draw teh chibis, too. :3 The tools I work with the most are pencil, inking pen, and markers/colored pencils. (No tablet...yet. crying )

Foreshortening with arms and legs is the part of drawings that kills me the most. That, and coming up with super awesomely-dynamic-tasty poses. :P  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:30 pm
Hullo!
I'm Danaidae but you can refer to me as "Dana" though. It's much easier to type out. Art has just been an on and off thing for me but lately more 'on' than 'off'. I've really been trying to get off the anime for a while but I guess things have been going in a circle. Still, watching everyone else's eyecandy and learning is always good. ;o  

Danaidae

beddyteddy2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:10 pm
Hi... I'm Haliya..

I've spent my years in school pretending to take notes... I would say I have a TON of influences so... I can't really promise any sort of flat out consistency with my work... yet you can usually tell it is mine. sweatdrop Like everyone else, still evolving... ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:14 pm
GOTTA LVL UP POKEMON! >3>....

Rumor: you hypcrite D8>

chopstiicks: lol yeah THINK POSITIVE!

Piano: XD I think a lot of people have problems with foreshortening (I know I do) It's difficult to make it look right.

Danaidae: biggrin ! heya! Hope you'll draw more from now on >D

Haliya: *w*;; I saw the pieces you did for alexi and they were POMGFREAKING AWESOME *O*

welcome to the guild and nice to meet everyone :3  

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

pach_work

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:18 pm
Haliya
Hi... I'm Haliya..

I've spent my years in school pretending to take notes... I would say I have a TON of influences so... I can't really promise any sort of flat out consistency with my work... yet you can usually tell it is mine. sweatdrop Like everyone else, still evolving... ^_^

welcome haliya XD ive been stalking you foreverrrr..or since you made an art shop..... *grabbyhands*  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games