Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Mpreg? Gross, wrong, or misunderstood? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ikeoko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:22 pm
i read roy/ed (fullmetal alchemist) mpregs sometimes....there not that bad lol  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:22 am
A friend of mine made a motivational poster that sums up my feelings towards Mpreg perfectly:

User Image

The one good thing about Mpreg is that the term "a** babies" exists.  

Komurin Your Face

milkymosaic
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:43 pm
Meh. It's kindda like saying "Artificial Insemination: Wrong? Unnatural?" I don't really think like that. ArI is for people who can't have kids normally and I support that. I think everyone should be able to have children with the ones they love. There's actually a new technology that could enable women to empregnate other women. It a technique that turns a woman's marrow cells into a synthetic sperm. It's still being tested, but...wouldn't that be wonderful? One step closer to universal love that can cross gender barriers.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:07 pm
I try and steer away from mpreg as much as possible. It's like saying that guys have ovaries in their butt canal... which is very disturbing. O___O'  

SiR STiR

Friendly Shapeshifter

school-sponsored orgy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:29 am
hm. i think it's ok. other times, i think "why should they have babies that will ruin this delicious relationship?" xd i hate it when it's out of the blue, and have nothing to back up the preg.

with Naruto, he has Kyuubi, and it seems more possible if it's a female fox. in a FMA fic, Roy accidentally got Ed preggo with a transmutation circle to help him breathe (don't ask, long story).

i don't really mind it. i sometimes would rather just skip over mpreg, and other times are interested. depends on my mood.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:10 am

Maryohki's poster speaks the truth.

There's suspension of disbelief . . .
and then there's taking your disbelief and mutilating, torturing, and executing it. neutral

Vexworth

Ace of Blue Spades

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:28 pm
Imoto-chan_Always
Meh. It's kindda like saying "Artificial Insemination: Wrong? Unnatural?" I don't really think like that. ArI is for people who can't have kids normally and I support that. I think everyone should be able to have children with the ones they love. There's actually a new technology that could enable women to empregnate other women. It a technique that turns a woman's marrow cells into a synthetic sperm. It's still being tested, but...wouldn't that be wonderful? One step closer to universal love that can cross gender barriers.

Yes, because there aren't millions of children out there stuck in orphanages and foster homes that need loving parents, and making it legal all across America for same sex couples to adopt wouldn't do that as well, as well as probably being far cheaper and a better way to spend our time and money. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:48 pm
I personally really like it. I think it's funny (cravings, mood swings, etc.) but cute at the same time, since most of the time, it brings the couple together. I will usually only read them though if the couple is two men. A friend of mine is writing one (her very first fic too) and she's got a great story (in my opinion) lined up for it. I think it's an interesting way to think...I'm sure male/male couples out there would love to have biological kids of their own, but obviously can't together. You don't realize how beautiful life is until you have a baby and I think this is just a way of seeing that beauty.  

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200

justamunkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:47 pm
Well currently? I don't like Mpreg at all. It grosses me out, I can't handle it.

But-- before I get ahead of myself-- it seems the further I delve into the anime/manga world, the more I succumb to, well... everything. Yaoi used to freak me out, now I love it. I used to hate people who watch hentai, now I don't care. Incest used to make me squirm, now it's my favorite in pairings! At the rate I'm going, mpreg won't matter anymore.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:39 am
Phantom Storyteller
I’d like to say firmly it’s biologically impossible for a man to get pregnant, but I haven’t actually researched that topic specifically. Knowing what I do about human anatomy I wouldn’t think it impossible, but I suppose the human imagination knows no bounds…

I’m not really interested in stuff that seems so far-fetched. If one of the partners is some kind of hermaphrodite I’d like it, because I could see how it could happen. I have an odd interest in hermaphrodites, which by the way don’t reproduce a-sexually. They simply are both genders and usually need a partner to reproduce.

Anyway, I’m not into men getting pregnant. It seems like a dumb joke, because normally men don’t have wombs O_o;; and it’s disgusting to think a baby could grow in intestines. I’ve never read anything or saw anything about a guy getting pregnant other than that one show, but yeah… it weird to me. … [But look who’s talking… me and my hermaphrodite ….interest. ninja ]

Um, about the Hermaphrodite thing. There are no actual human hermaphrodites. (Don't attack me just yet) Because in order to actually be a hermaphrodite both genitalia must work-- can get people pregnant and self can get pregnant. Most humans which are "hermaphrodites" tend to either be sterile or only have one set that actually works--usually the stile ones are that way because a doctor decided to make them one gender, and it turned out to be the wrong choice. I believe they most often tend to be women with enlarged clitorises which look like penises. So I guess that would make it somewhat possible for "male"/male couples to get pregnant.

oh and um, I guess I don't like mpreg, most don't even attempt to explain it. SO, it is like:
"Whoops Hagrid! Guess that wild night in the dark forest with no condoms was a bad idea!" Snape exclaimed while looking at the pregnancy test.  

AerialFrogg

Fiyori_Takeshi

Shoujo Valentine

17,125 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:24 pm
I like mpreg at least when its written good. other then that then no because they never seem to finish it stare  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:42 pm
ikeoko
i read roy/ed (fullmetal alchemist) mpregs sometimes....there not that bad lol

i often read a lot of sasuke naruto mpregs... blaugh they r funny  

DaveDStrider

Popular Man-Lover

11,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:02 pm
Fiyori_Takeshi
I like mpreg at least when its written good. other then that then no because they never seem to finish it stare

Yeah it's the same with me. It has to be written very well for me to finish reading an Mpreg fic.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:52 pm
Not to bash anyone else, but personally I won't read any story where m-preg happens. I mean I think it's gross and doesn't it kind of defeat the point of male-on-male, to have one get pregnant?  

Forlornhope13

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:54 pm
Forlornhope13
Not to bash anyone else, but personally I won't read any story where m-preg happens. I mean I think it's gross and doesn't it kind of defeat the point of male-on-male, to have one get pregnant?
With the logic you are using, male-on-female sex would have a defeated purpose as well since women can get pregnant.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games