Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:31 am
Harbone
Well, okay, I forgot she was 21. You mentioned that earlier, I think. That makes things a lot safer on the legal side.... I think. It's nice of you to help the young lady out.

But I'm always suspicious 'cause I've been conned a few times and I can't really afford to be taken again for a few years.

And I think that the complaint department is pretty much a loss at this point. It's okay if people post here looking for support, now. Everyone needs support from time to time. I just gotta find someplace else to gripe.
Has an idea for Harbone... if you just want to let it all out without any responses, just put a note at the end of your post that you are ranting and would prefer no response. Given this is an adult guild, I think most of us are old enough to respect your wishes. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:27 pm
Well, fair enough, but when I'm ranting, I tend to forget things like putting a note at the end saying "this is just a rant." Also, I tend to forget other little things like spelling and grammar and The Other Guy's Point of View. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a rant.  

Harbone
Crew

Sacred Angeleus

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:44 am
Okay. My first-ever rant. *takes a deep breath*

Last night, I'm told to make the pork roast because it "absolutely has to get made tonight". So, I oblige, it's not like anyone else ever cooks around here. I throw the roast in, but I tell my mother that it's frozen in the middle yet, so it's going to take awhile longer than normal. Bear in mind, this is a five pound pork loin roast--it's going to take a couple hours at least.

30 minutes go by.

My mother shouts at me from the KITCHEN where she is sitting at the puter, "Is it done yet?!"
I'm at the other end of the house cleaning and putting away laundry and doing all the crap that no one else ever does around here, "No. It's been in for a half hour!"
"Well check it! Just to make sure!" she screams back.

Every FIVE friggen minutes thereafter that bloody woman whined at me to check the roast. And I mean LITERALLY. EVERY. FIVE. MINUTES. scream For the next TWO HOURS! evil

I ended up cutting off a few slices and putting them in the microwave just to shut her up. Dinner was a disaster because she couldn't make herself a snack to tide her over until dinner. Then...then, she doesn't even thank me! Instead, she tells me to check the roast again to make sure I don't burn it!
To make sure I don't burn it?!?! Grrrr!!! scream

I'm related to that kind of abject laziness?! Directly?!

Then, today, I get a bill with an assessed late fee from my credit card company because I didn't pay THIS month's bill on time. That IS this month's bill. I didn't receive any others! I had to call to get that straightened out which didn't make me at all happy.

The next piece of mail was a real gem too. it was from Sears. A replacement card. I closed my Sears account a year and a half ago and they're telling me that I didn't. They're telling me that the confirmation number I received from them when I closed it out the first time is invalid because I didn't close out the account. I called from a phone in a Sears when I closed the account. I cut up my card RIGHT THERE last year! I had to borrow the manager's scissors! The broad checked on her computer to make sure it was closed a year and a half ago as I handed back the scissors.

I had to call three Sears' customer support lines before I got to talk to a person! Why? Because their automated phone thing needs you to enter an account number before you can proceed to a customer service person. I don't know my account number, I didn't know I an account! Finally, I get through and there's this perky little tart on the other end being about as rude as possible. What ever happened to good customer service?! Oooh! I wanted to just slap that broad's mouth off, her tone of voice halfway through the call was just so damn snotty! "No, ma'am, you DIDN'T close out the account! It's still open, otherwise we wouldn't have sent you a replacement card!" And, oh, my gods! When I told her to just close the account again, you would think I had stolen money from her!! Such sass! She was actually muttering under her breath! If I treated customers like that, I would lose my job! mad

I'm out of coffee.

And...I'm spent.

You know...I feel much better now. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:18 pm
Remembers why I'm grateful to no longer live at home... Although my mum is insistent that we come visit every weekend to "help" her, which consists of us cleaning her house. Ummm, hello, mum... I have 3 kids and my own damn house to clean - work a full-time job same as you and your kids have all moved out now. evil

And when my sibs visit from out-of-state, I'm called upon to come up a few days early to clean her house, then "visit" with them there which consists of me fixing dinner, cleaning up after everybody, and basically waiting on them hand and foot. No "Hi honey, glad you're here", "please", "thank you", nothing. I walk in the door and it's, "Can you get "insert sib name here" a "insert item here", and "load up the dishes", and "start dinner", etc." Needless to say, I hate it when my sibs visit... not because I'm not glad to see them, but I never get to actually "visit". stressed

Here lately it's gotten so bad that she's been known to ask my oldest to please hand her the pepsi can that's sitting on the computer desk above her... mind you, my daughter is in the other room cleaning up, and she can't even stand up and grab her own soda... rolleyes

And she wonder's why the kids no longer want to visit. Go figure.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

wing1933

4,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:40 pm
Sacred Angeleus
Okay. My first-ever rant. *takes a deep breath*

Last night, I'm told to make the pork roast because it "absolutely has to get made tonight". So, I oblige, it's not like anyone else ever cooks around here. I throw the roast in, but I tell my mother that it's frozen in the middle yet, so it's going to take awhile longer than normal. Bear in mind, this is a five pound pork loin roast--it's going to take a couple hours at least.

30 minutes go by.

My mother shouts at me from the KITCHEN where she is sitting at the puter, "Is it done yet?!"
I'm at the other end of the house cleaning and putting away laundry and doing all the crap that no one else ever does around here, "No. It's been in for a half hour!"
"Well check it! Just to make sure!" she screams back.

Every FIVE friggen minutes thereafter that bloody woman whined at me to check the roast. And I mean LITERALLY. EVERY. FIVE. MINUTES. scream For the next TWO HOURS! evil

I ended up cutting off a few slices and putting them in the microwave just to shut her up. Dinner was a disaster because she couldn't make herself a snack to tide her over until dinner. Then...then, she doesn't even thank me! Instead, she tells me to check the roast again to make sure I don't burn it!
To make sure I don't burn it?!?! Grrrr!!! scream

I'm related to that kind of abject laziness?! Directly?!

Then, today, I get a bill with an assessed late fee from my credit card company because I didn't pay THIS month's bill on time. That IS this month's bill. I didn't receive any others! I had to call to get that straightened out which didn't make me at all happy.

The next piece of mail was a real gem too. it was from Sears. A replacement card. I closed my Sears account a year and a half ago and they're telling me that I didn't. They're telling me that the confirmation number I received from them when I closed it out the first time is invalid because I didn't close out the account. I called from a phone in a Sears when I closed the account. I cut up my card RIGHT THERE last year! I had to borrow the manager's scissors! The broad checked on her computer to make sure it was closed a year and a half ago as I handed back the scissors.

I had to call three Sears' customer support lines before I got to talk to a person! Why? Because their automated phone thing needs you to enter an account number before you can proceed to a customer service person. I don't know my account number, I didn't know I an account! Finally, I get through and there's this perky little tart on the other end being about as rude as possible. What ever happened to good customer service?! Oooh! I wanted to just slap that broad's mouth off, her tone of voice halfway through the call was just so damn snotty! "No, ma'am, you DIDN'T close out the account! It's still open, otherwise we wouldn't have sent you a replacement card!" And, oh, my gods! When I told her to just close the account again, you would think I had stolen money from her!! Such sass! She was actually muttering under her breath! If I treated customers like that, I would lose my job! mad

I'm out of coffee.

And...I'm spent.

You know...I feel much better now. 4laugh

Sears su**s it took them 11 service calls to replace a compressor in my refridgerator. Don't get me started!  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:15 am
I have had the week from hell.. and today is still getting worse.

I was out of state last week for a funeral. I am tired from that and having no sleep from monday night to tuesday morning because of our flight back. Wednesday I go back to work and find out one of the people in our department is moving to another department. We have too much work to be done to be short handed. They said they are just going to put an ad in the paper to find someone outside of the business to take the position, which means we will have to train someone on everything on top of being short handed. Yesterday at work I had two major issues fall on top of me before my first break. I was beyond ready to walk out the door because the proof of what was done was suddenly not in our file drawer. Then I find out on top of being short a person that they are adding 2 more responsibilities to our department... the other person that works with me was so frustrated she started crying and telling our supervisor that she was going to quit before she gets fired because of not doing her job... because there is not enought time in a day to do it and not enough hands, ears, and mouths to do everthing they want us to do. Last night I get home to deal with my daughter throwing a fit about being grounded and me not lifting the grounding to let her so something that was planned before she got in trouble. She locked me out of her room and "sicked" her boyfriend on me... he came to my house to yell at me about how horrible of a mother I am an how much I am destroying my daughter's life. He blames me for not seeing that she goes threw depression... she has seen a counseler and had the option of meds but has always refused... plus she is only depressed when things do not go her way. She is a spoiled, selfish, self centered brat that is only conserned with herself and her friends and when she gets in trouble she blames me for being a horrible person. At 5am this morning I went to her room to find the door still locked... went to the front of the house to find the screen off the window... had my husband crawl threw the window to unlock the door so I could find out if she was there... then called the police to report her as a runaway. In 10 minutes I get to go to work, be the only one there out of the 3 that should be there, and listen to people b***h me out because I cannot do the work of 3 people at once... I will have to man 3 phones, 14 computers, and all the paperwork that comes in along with reports on all calls received (the last new duty we were given).
I want to go back to bed.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Montana Nixx

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:40 am
I was in the exchange thread, I post alot & have a mule who polls alot.. Ok so wtf this avi Is new BUT I shared an avi with my kids sounds, sad I know but I was really too busy for my own then. This snot nosed 17 year old kid I could beat his a** to the nub REFUSED to sell His stuff to me cos Ima n00b... So I ranted in his thread if new people dont come here to Gaia, he can do it all by himself & I hope hes stuck with his stuff for the next ten years.. Meanwhile hes beggin for donations...  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:09 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=2&t=13998139#769160179

Argggghhhhh - how in hell is 12k+ posts more than 18k+ what a little whiner.

K - end rant - just hate little whippersnapper male kitties... lol  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:08 am
And the price for the D-tails went up another 200k... how does one make 200k extra a day... sash; however, stays the same price... good grief, I quit this quest. sad  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:52 pm
I have to rant about my homeowners association. We built a shed for our hot tube, but they came after the fact and freaked out. The size and location are OK, but sheds are only for storage not for actual use according to them. Now they want us to attempt to attach it to the house which isn't possible due to the comfiguration of the patio and basement door.

Then they are also complaining about a pergola which we built 3 years ago. This is the first we have heard about it. What are we supposed to do, rip the thing down?

It is time to just grin and ignore it.  

wing1933

4,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:06 pm
Sounds like we have the same bossy, tell you how to live in your own home type that I have... just wanna smack 'em so hard their grandkids will feel it. evil  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:03 am
I do not like the Blair Witch Project movie. I also do not like the Brothers Grimm movie. But I do like the new House on Haunted remake movie. But I am too scared to watch it again. My complaints are small today, but they are valid.  

Umberella

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:10 pm
Big or small, most complaints are valid... and sometimes we just need to let them out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:18 am
NOT ENOUGH TIME IN A DAY TO DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!

I had to say it loudly.... sorry

User Image
EAB 24 - J2  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:46 am
Gas prices are killing me... It is $60 to fill the gas tank in my van and it has to be done 2+ times a week to get to work and back...

It takes a huge chunk of my paycheck to fill the tank so I can go to work to be able to pay for gas so I can go to work so I can pay for gas so I can go to work so I can pay...

The sad thing is that if I wanted to put the money into getting a more fuel efficient car I would actually be farther in debt... It is about $550 a month for gas in my van. I have no van payments. To get a new car I would save about $200 a month in gas. A new car payment would average $300 a month, plus add about $150 a month to the insurance for full coverage... I would be behind $250 a month from what I pay now to get a vehicle with better gas mileage...

s**t if you do - s**t if you don't  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games