Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maluna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:43 pm
Quote:
August 31, 2005
Sacred Symbols and Spaces

Are there any symbols or symbology that are significant or special to you? (runes, shapes, symbols created by you) Why is it special to you?

well, i drew a symbol that was a heart surrounded by a ring of vines with thorns... the heart bled... i drew it at a time i needed to heal, and the ring was protection for my heart until i was strong enough to protect myself.

Quote:
What does your special place of worship look like? (altars, sacred space inside or outside) Can you provide a picture?

i normally have to use my room... i have pics, but they're on my laptop. i can say that it's a normal room, and that i switch what i use for an altar to whatever is needed.

Quote:
How have these symbols and sacred spaces transitioned over time?

i never understood how strong a home-made symbol is for healing... and i've learned to let the drawings flow out when needed, just like my poetry. as far as my space, i've moved alot... so i've learned to just use whatever's handy. one day i'll have a permanent altar... but not for a while yet...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:23 pm
Are there any symbols or symbology that are significant or special to you? (runes, shapes, symbols created by you) Why is it special to you?
Symbol I created, and I love it to death. I''ll draw it, and scan it into my signature when I get the chance. The runes Beorc, Daeg, and Ehwaz. First ones I ever drew, they mean a lot to me. No shapes.
What does your special place of worship look like? (altars, sacred space inside or outside) Can you provide a picture?
I''m sorry to say that my place of worship is special to me, because it''s my room. It''s not really private, but it feels like it is, when I cast circles, and stuff. I guess it''s special to me, because it''s already fill to capacity with my essence, and I guess that makes it easier for casting circles.
Well, my room gets more me and me every day. Also, I also look up the meaning of the Runes, and try to associate it with my life in the moment very once in a while, and it fits. They just seem to fit into me now.  

Aya Azura

Wood Sorrel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:36 pm

A circle or sphere, a spiral, the golden ratio, fractals.

Anyplace in the natural world, away from human presence.

Finding out about the golden ratio and how it relates to spirals and fractals gave a mathematical unity to many natural things. I've always revered nature. Math and science is just another reason to do so.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:48 pm
Sacred Symbols and Spaces

The pentacle and the runes Wynn and Tyr are special to me. The pentacle represents the five sacred elements and the human body. It identifies me to the world as a Pagan like a cross does for a Christian. For some reason, I always feel better when I'm wearing mine, although I dont' wear it often. The runes Wynn and Tyr I've combined to make my own special rune, the rune of the Joyful Warrior. The path to peace and serenity is a long and ardurous road travelled by the joyful warrior. Along the way, it helps to have strength and optimism.

I do have a very recent altar pic but it's not hosted on the web anywhere, so I can' post it. Basically I have my altar set up to reflect the harvest time and what I've brought into my life over the past year or so. All of my new equipment is on it, plus my fav. ceramic pumpkin lamp, just because. ^__^

At first my only symbol was the pentacle, but as I grew along the path, I've added the joyful warrior rune and the triskele to my fav. symbols. I realize the importance of symbols and symbology in ritual work, but it doesn't have as much of a place in my every day life. I try to make every day a bit out of the ordinary, but it's hard. But, in honour of mabon today, I'm wearing my cycles rune (I forget it's name) and harvest coloured clothes.  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Spring-heeled Jill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:55 am
Are there any symbols or symbology that are significant or special to you? (runes, shapes, symbols created by you) Why is it special to you? I have a necklace that I received as a present for the summer solstice this year. It's a lion's face surrounded by sun rays. It also has horns. the entire thing is painted gold. It's obviously meaningful of the wiccan horn god and the sun, but the lion's face reminds me of a cougar, which is my totem animal. It helps me to be more confident, since I was painfully shy until about three months ago.

What does your special place of worship look like? (altars, sacred space inside or outside) Can you provide a picture? Unfortunately I can't provide a picture.
indoors, I have my alter, which is on a the open top of a book shelf. Right now, it's covered in a red cloth. Sitting on it are a hand made bowl filled with water, a rattle made by a pagan friend who I admire very much, my lion necklace, a picture that reminded me of Athena, a vase of flowers, an incense burner, and some fallen leaves. I change the cloth for each season and holiday. Outside I have a circle made out of sticks, and a tree with a hollow in it that I use for offerings.

How have these symbols and sacred spaces transitioned over time? Well, when I was in my semi - fluffy beginner stage, I had attempted to make an out court wiccan alter, with an athame, wand and candles. Now it actually has a use, and I haven't thought of myself as wiccan for over a year and a half.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:42 pm
October 03, 2005
Magic and Autumn

This weeks questions donated by Malory and Inga

What is your definition of "Magic?"

What do you look forward to this autumn?

Does you spirituality change when seasons change? If show, how does it change for autumn?

maenad nuri
Captain

Sn0w-Le0pard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:12 am
October 03, 2005
Magic and Autumn

Magic to me is something that really can't be spoken about. It has to be experienced.

Hmm.. I look forward to moving deeper in studying Paganism and really taking the time (since I finally have it) to dedicating myself. On a side note, I wish I lived somewhere where the leaves changed because I miss that.

Does you spirituality change when seasons change? If show, how does it change for autumn?

I do. I think it's because there's that little subconscious voice reminding us that we're experiencing a season change and that we need to get prepared. Time to start cleansing and getting ready for the Winter months. Preparing to hold out for the next few seasons to come about again when Spring comes near. Spiritually speaking I didn't used to change all that much but with my not so recent-recent interests it's becoming more personal.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:12 am
I don't really have a definition for it, except that the balance in which nature runs it's course with the changing of the seasons and such. You can't press a button to make it winter. The natural progression of things seems magical to me.

The changing colors, the small bite to the wind that signifies the wheel turning into the dark time of the year. The smell of everything, pumpkins, rain on fallen leaves. Everything just seems to move into sleep mode.

Yes, in the autumn my spirituality is more meditative. I look at things with more depth, I care about more. I get things ready for the long winter ahead. Autumn makes my spirituality more observant, which is good because being an air sign I am up and around and about and don't seem to have much time to be observant.  

JazelleSparrow

Aya Azura

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:16 am
Magick to me is the turning of life. It is life in general, its the turning of life. It's, well it's everything really, I can't really put it into words... sweatdrop
Well Mabon aready passed, and I'm looking forward to aSamhain, I'm celebratig with 3 of my friends, and I hope more come, because it'll be a blast. I'm so excited. Also the crspness of the leaves as you step on them, I love the sound. And siting under tees also.
Actually, I think it does. I'm more passive in the spring and summer, and then I'm sort of wild during fall and winter. It's like a time for me to relax in the spring and summer. i never realized it till I read the question, but it does.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:13 pm
Nuri
October 03, 2005
Magic and Autumn

This weeks questions donated by Malory and Inga

Magic: The art and science of affecting change through will and direction of energy. (in part thanks to Crowley). Best definition I have heard to date.

Autumn? Cooler days, crisp nights, the turning of the leaves and the shift from outdoors and active, to indoors and cozy.

My spiritual practices become more "intense" in late autumn. See, I like to match my work with the seasons, so when it is summer and early autumn, my spiritual work is all about putting energy and will into the practical side of things. Come autumn when it is cold out, things shift more to the symbolic side of things. And not to put to fine a point on it, symbolism = spellwork to most people who watch me do my thing.  

TeaDidikai

ImoenLeslati

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:22 pm
Hi! New here. *wave*
Using energy, either your own or drawn from your surroundings or the Divine, to create change. And that does mean any kind of change, positive or negative, but whatever change you make on the world will come back to you.

Long autumn walks. It's going to be cooling down and I can go outside and spend lots of time in the nice relaxed breeze. Autumn has the best atmosphere for just unwinding after a long day. The world is starting to slow down and get ready for sleep, so it helps me slow down and release stress.

Autumn, a time for harvest and preparation. It is a time to look back on what we have accomplished, and get those last minute goals for the year in before winter comes and we all feel like slugs and don't want to do anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:55 pm
October 03, 2005
Magic and Autumn

I refuse to define it. The moment I define something, I dissect, segregate, and reduce what it is.

This is the season of letting go. I hope to let go of a lot.

It certainly does. Around autumn, I always get more "Witchy."  

Ultima the High Seraph

T i c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:12 am
What is your definition of "Magic?
Sorry I can't. I really don't have a organized defintion.

A calmer, more organize and happy me, I don't like summer. It makes me uncomfortable. I also find Autumn so beautiful.

Yes, during Autumn through Winter I find myself reading, writing and traveling alot more. My mind and spirit is more open to gathering information and ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:37 am

Personal magic: Focusing of your own intention and energy. I don't think you can change anything but yourself. I dislike the word magic though, because this is not the definition many people think of.

Magic in general: the workings of nature are magical, but can hardly be controlled by us, as much as we'd like to believe we can.

Cooking domokun , harvesting my garden mrgreen

Celebration of the bountiful harvest, winding down and getting ready for winter hibernation.  

Wood Sorrel

Captainkaneda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:18 pm
Nuri
Each week, I will post the new questions from Witches Weekly here, and I invite you all to answer them.
October 03, 2005
Magic and Autumn

my definition of magic is power derected to a certin outcome more or less for good ternout. razz

Life smile

if u mean by spirituality:the things you do during meditation then yes it does chang.
I bicome more rifined in parts of my mind that are more open and more open with other parts whee  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff