Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Who would/will you vote for? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:39 am
Cleocatra Osiris
Nebelstern
One last time;

For the righteousness of the Liberal Democrats! xd rolleyes

Yeah!

Go Liberal Democrats!

whee

on a side note my dad was voted an MP... go Lib Dem!

Go your Dad! And Sir Menzies Campbell! He rules!  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:07 am
~facedesk~

We voted in a mass murdering, lying b*****d...AGAIN? Hrm....seems we have yet more in common with our cousins across the pond.

sad  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:21 am
illyrianth
~facedesk~

We voted in a mass murdering, lying b*****d...AGAIN? Hrm....seems we have yet more in common with our cousins across the pond.

sad
at least the UUP fell and also we didnt vote him in on a bigger vote percentage, we voted him in on a lower commons majority and a lower percentage of the vote which means that the commons will be a more democratic place to be.
also note that the vote share was THE LOWEST in history.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:51 pm
Zoutout
Kyos-girl
Zoutout
Kyos-girl
Zoutout
Urgh. It's your choice, and I have to respect that, but I don't have to respect the person making that choice.
Don't really care. I'm happy with what I believe in and I don't care what people think of me for it. I assure you I'm not racist though.

Then voting BNP is a blatent contradiction.
Like someone who's totally anti-nazi voting for the NF.
No I just hate everyone. Actually I prefer animals to people. Can't believe Labour one again, we were discussing it in class and have come to the conclusion that it was all the single mother and chav votes that got him in again. Stupid chav infested bristol south.

I agree with your viewpoints there... Isn't there some other more viable option that voting for a party that believes some people are superior to others?
I also support Conservative because they remember the people who actually work hard and earn more than 20k a year.  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Zoutout

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:32 pm
Then why not vote Tory rather than BNP?  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:07 pm
Zoutout
Then why not vote Tory rather than BNP?
It doesn't really matter. I'm not old enough to vote yet but i think when i am i'll vote tory.  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:45 pm
illyrianth
~facedesk~

sad

Illy, I've never been quite sure about your political tendencies. Or about this area of Tory policy, in fact.
You attack Tony Blair for having lied to us and taken us to war illegally. Michael Howard attacks Tony Blair for lying, but says he would have taken us to war, just without lying. Surely if there was no evidence to suggest that Saddam Hussein had WMDs there were not sufficient grounds to go to war? How would Howard have justified the war?
Also, you seem to be wholeheartedly against the war for any reason whatsoever (I may be wrong there, having just picked up the wrong impression.) Why then did you support Howard, who would also have led us to war?  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:52 pm
I really don't care that Blair lied to the public, he's a bloody politician... that's what they do on a regular basis.

Anyway, the Labour party is not Tony Blair; it is a collective. The reduced majority will curtail rampant Blairism.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Zoutout

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:52 pm
Justification for war?

1) Sadaam hussein was a tyrant, and his people needed help 9and appreciate the help we gave)
2) Despite not having WMDs, he was bribing UN officials so he could get some  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:09 am
whapcapn
illyrianth
~facedesk~

sad

Illy, I've never been quite sure about your political tendencies. Or about this area of Tory policy, in fact.
You attack Tony Blair for having lied to us and taken us to war illegally. Michael Howard attacks Tony Blair for lying, but says he would have taken us to war, just without lying. Surely if there was no evidence to suggest that Saddam Hussein had WMDs there were not sufficient grounds to go to war? How would Howard have justified the war?
Also, you seem to be wholeheartedly against the war for any reason whatsoever (I may be wrong there, having just picked up the wrong impression.) Why then did you support Howard, who would also have led us to war?

I have not mentioned who I actually voted for at any point, nor will I.

It is necessary for folk to understand that it is not the Labour Party I have issues with. It's Blair. Yes, all politicians lie, it's what they do - but previously, my friends have not been dying as a direct result of those lies.

You are correct in assuming I did not and do not support military action in Iraq. I am not in the slightest bit convinced any of this was done to help the Iraqi people. I wish I could be. The case for it being humanitarian in nature is completely crushed by the fact that Blair lied to get it done.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:15 am
Kyos-girl
I also support Conservative because they remember the people who actually work hard and earn more than 20k a year.

~falls about laughing~

Wow...so people who earn less than that DON'T work hard? eek Remind me to say that to a nurse who earns a mere 9500k p/a yet works a 60 hour week....

Believe it or not, the 20k threshold CAN be quite a tough one to reach, regardless of how hard you work. In fact, it's easier to earn the big bucks by doing nothing and letting others do the work for you. As an example - who would you suggest works harder? The Chairman of British Gas with his six figure income who is rarely seen in the offices OR the Engineer who spends all day driving from job to job, and earns a mere 14k?  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:54 am
It was good to see the shift in votes swing back to blue, though there were too many instanced where eurosceptics voted for UKIP and the rest rather than Tory and ended up with a liberal or labour constituency MP.

Silly buggers.

Invictus_88
Captain

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:20 am
illyrianth
Kyos-girl

~falls about laughing~

Wow...so people who earn less than that DON'T work hard? eek Remind me to say that to a nurse who earns a mere 9500k p/a yet works a 60 hour week....

Believe it or not, the 20k threshold CAN be quite a tough one to reach, regardless of how hard you work. In fact, it's easier to earn the big bucks by doing nothing and letting others do the work for you. As an example - who would you suggest works harder? The Chairman of British Gas with his six figure income who is rarely seen in the offices OR the Engineer who spends all day driving from job to job, and earns a mere 14k?
no i mean people who earn about 55k a year and who're just passed over by most parties. and don't try telling me that people who earn 55k do it by getting others to work for them  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:49 am
Kyos-girl
no i mean people who earn about 55k a year and who're just passed over by most parties. and don't try telling me that people who earn 55k do it by getting others to work for them

That wasn't what you said in an earlier post, however...

And that kind of pay scale IS that of around about upper middle management so, yes. On the whole, those wages are earned dependant on the output, efficiency and productivity of staff lower down the scale. This does not however, suggest that it is ALWAYS the case, but can be argued to be the most usual set of circumstances. I know this through plain and simple life experience of having BEEN on the bottom rung of the payscale in my younger years and worked my way up. The more responsibility, the better the pay and less mundane/arduous the workload. This cannot take into account those who follow the teaching or medical professions, which works differently.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games