Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
What First Drawn You To Anime? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:32 pm
Art~ in manga form followed by the OSTs for the anime.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:04 am
My day job is a graphic designer, so I became interested in anime and manga as an art form. I went to Japantown to check out some of the shops, bought the first volume of Chobits as a random pick, and the rest is history. wink ~m  

Meroko Senpai

Master Orochimaru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:01 pm
It was early 2002 , and Outlaw star was on Adult Swim. I totally fell in love with that Anime  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:01 am
I really don't know how. I have liked it for at least five years...  

Mystic Chick55

Arjano

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:56 am
well my sister friend showed me some anime clips..and i like so is tarted watching it,infact watching anime is the only thing i did this summer,..i watched more than 9 anime this summer lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:49 am
I was bored when my friends told me to watch Air a while back on Youtube... been in love with it ever since heart .  

Maladaths

LiveAndLearn_LoL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:51 am
i don't really remember but i know i was around 5 years old  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:45 pm
Every day after school I would watch Sailor Moon and Transformers but I don't really know what got me into anime. I love the art and often sketch characters using different artists' techniques but I don't know if that's what really drew me to it.  

Illusionist of Heart

I_Uchiha_I

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:40 am
Well sadly I first started with Pokemon... then around 5th grade I started watching DBZ. After that "phase" passed I watched the 91st episode of Naruto (don't ask me why I remember which episode lol.) and I've loved it since.

Death Note, Bleach, and Naruto ftw  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:08 am
I think the first show I watched that I know for absolute sure was anime was Sailor Monn (I wish that was on DVD in english). I was probably 10-12 then, at the time I didn't know about "Japanese Animation" as a seperate form from US cartoons. HAving grown up watching Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, and Rescue Rangers I was used to good cartoons, so I simply thought that they just looked different (the US doesn't make good cartoons anymore, that;s my oppinion)

At 14 or so I started watching reruns of Digimon Season 2 on Foxkids Weekdays (now it's all court shows) That's when I knew about anime and got severely hooked. After that was Wolf's Rain, TRIGUN, and Inuyasha on adult swim.

Now, about $2500 later, I am a major anime fan. Although, and please don't be mad at me, I don't really care for Naruto, or Bleach or DBZ shows. I'm sorry but I just dn't like them, but I never was one who liked the popular stuff. sweatdrop  

2ndPSP

Enduring Genius

rabbitbutt

Loiterer

13,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:19 am
First of all.... It started with the show "Sailor Moon" on tv.
Love at first sight. xp mad d  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:58 am
My best friend in elementary school always watched Inuyasha, FMA and other YTV animes, I always told her they were so stupid, like you wants to watch this cat guy swing a giant aword around (i used to think inuyasha was as cat at first xp ). But then I saw my little sister (5) watching it and since we shared a room at that time I was stuck watching it, and now I'm hooked (wow I feel like I'm on one of those forums where drug addicts go to get help xd )  

aminea88

Asphodel_Winter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:58 am
I'm not sure, but I think it was the fantasy of the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:33 pm
I have watched it since I was like 8-10 but I didn't know it was called anime until around 13.
I just liked how they made the characters so memorable and the variety of styles.  

muzuka

animemonkey84

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:09 pm
unfortunately, I didn't even know what anime or manga was until I was 13! I can't believe that I survived so long without it! I'm like totally obsessed. I first discovered manga in Borders, and fell in love with it, then I discovered Inuyasha on Adult Swim which led to the many hours I spend on the internet watching anime.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff