Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is it weird to like the cemetery? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it?
  Yes
  No
  Poll whore
View Results

redline_lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:53 am
i used to go to the cemitary by my house,but there was always these stoners there...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:02 pm
Defintly not. I love going to cemetaries.

Many think it's scary, but I think it's a beautiful place to honor the dead and get some peace and quiet.  

mee_shee

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:15 pm
its not wierd at all! in fact, theres this one graveyard that my dad took me to because they had lots of reallywierd looking headstones! also, whenI was riding my bike through my local graveyard (ten blocks away from my house!) I met...(dundundun dunnnnn) THE GRAVEDIGGER!!!!

it was really neat! he had this machine....they actually dont put coffins directly in the ground...they put a big stone coffin in first, then they put the real coffin inside of that to prevent bugs from eating the wood....pretty intresing conversation I had, that...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:06 pm
I hang at Old Swedes( at like 11,12, sometimes 1 in the morning) in Philly all the time.Some people think it's a little strange, but I enjoy it.As do my 4 friends who hang there with me.  

anime_freak777

Quetzakotale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:27 pm
I love going to cemetaries...there's even one close to my house, just down my street. I like to look at the headstones, and sometimes I'll read the names off of them. Cemetaries are fun for long walks at night and easy short cuts to take for Halloween. {and a great place to hide and scare my friends}  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:23 pm
xd Nope.. it'd be my favorite hangout if I had one anywhere near me.
Which I don't.. cry
Thank you for rubbing it in.. crying  

Dr. Macabre

Static Thrash

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:18 pm
I'm terrified of Cemetary's... so uh... no. I did see this one statue of Jesus with light up eyes. It scared the ******** out of me, then I felt bad, 'cuz i was afraid of Jesus.... go figure.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:31 am
Not at all...cemeteries are very interesting places.

I was Maui's resident "Cemetery Guy" for a long while, because I did fieldwork and reasearch for Find a Grave.com...people always found it a little odd, but they were intrigued rather than mortified, most of the time.

...Of course, whenever I get the chance, I drag my friends to the cemeteries on this island, because they are very picturesque. 3nodding

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/167/3/8/Shofukuji_View_by_SovietViking.jpg

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/040/f/5/Japanese_Headstone_3_by_SovietViking.jpg

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2005/010/a/d/They_Look_To_The_West_by_SovietViking.jpg

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2004/365/1/b/Hana_Japanese_Cemetery_by_SovietViking.jpg

Images changed to links by IY_and_MCR to fix page streaching  

Soviet_Viking

Grimmy_teh_Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:18 am
Once I tried to visit my great grand father. My cuz and I got lost in this huge cemetary and then it started to pour. We finally gave up and followed the wall to the exit. The second we got to her house it stopped raining. We walked into her house and her Grandma screamed with laughter. Now, I check the weather first or go with my mom on buisness. (She Works at a funeral home)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:08 am
For me, Cemeteries are the most beautiful, peaceful places in the world. I feel very connected with the afterlife outside of them, but it comes full circle when I visit them.

In fact, this year I decided to have my first annual Hallow's Eve Cemetery visit. I'll take some of my other Gothic friends, and we're planning on visiting the oldest headstones in our city.

Often I go to cemeteries when peace and quiet is hard to come by. There's a Cemetery next to my High School, and when I walk with my boyfriend, I always ask him to take a detour with me so we can walk through. I always end up stopping though and reading some of the grave-markers.

[*On a random note, I recently drew a picture of Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist sitting on his own grave. That was really cool. Not long before it, I drew one of Movie!Alphonse visiting their mother's grave. :sigh: Oh, how I treasure my love of Graveyards. ]

I also read an Anne Rice novel in a Graveyard. I think it was... The Vampire Lestat. I got through about a quarter of it, and then it began getting dark, and being the good little Goth Girl that I am, I flew back home. I love all my experiences with cemeteries.

I also used to ask my mother when I was a small child if she would take me to the local Cemetery up in Seattle. That was when we lived there. I would have picnics next to the really old, beautiful headstones, and I would talk to the graves. My mom told me that. I always wanted to eat lunch there, and speak with the dead, and I think after a while that kind of scared Mum.

Since then, she doesn't especially like me going to Cemeteries.

[I crashed a funeral. o_o Not in the bad sense, though. I was just walking past the Cemetery, and I stopped to see who had died. The people didn't mind, much though. They were really nice about my curiosity.]

Okay, I'm done now.

P o o c h i e

Willie-John[Abomination]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:53 am
they are cool places...the headstones are usually pretty...and you can find out some interesting things....sometimes i play games..like a scavenger hunt...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:57 am
I love to go to cemataries, I always tried to convince my friends to go when I was younger, but they said I needed to be commited. one of the things that I loved when we moved here is that there is one across the street from the Jr. high. heart  

Shattenhund

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:51 pm
No, it's not weird. Every time I go I look at the headstones and read them. I also go there to visit be deceased grandparents. I love cemeteries. I'd go all the time if I lived closer to any of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:51 pm
They're peaceful and beautiful and I met 2 boyfriends there so no complaints.  

Hollis_The_Grim

Mavrikios1

500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:43 am
I guess its weird, but I also find myself wanting to go to the ones around here to look around at them ^_^

Theres some pretty cool ones down here actually, I drive past one everyday haha XD then theres 3 others in town.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff