Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:01 am
and_solo_said
The Doctor irritated me a lot during that episode.

Why?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:00 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
The Doctor irritated me a lot during that episode.

Why?

The way he decided to destroy the devil. It was very 'if I didn't know she would get out of it, I would lead the world into the pages of Revelations so that I could continue my unspoken relationship with a girl who can't act'.  

and_solo_said

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:30 am
Hmm I see, at what point is

Wellbeing of the entire universe > Billie Piper?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:12 pm
I thought he was debating whether the Devil was tricking him or not about how he should do it. He opened the prison to kill the body [hoping that would kill the mind] before he found the TARDIS, no?  

Angra-Mainyu

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:19 pm
Angra-Mainyu
I thought he was debating whether the Devil was tricking him or not about how he should do it. He opened the prison to kill the body [hoping that would kill the mind] before he found the TARDIS, no?

That's how I read it.

But anyway, it was altogether a bit too gung ho and serious for a Doctor Who episode, perhaps. But then I'm no expert. I do however know that I loved it and that I'd sooner watch that double episode than any of the others.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:06 pm
The new one is very good. But Tom Baker is super!  

Bronze Griffin

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:18 pm
Invictus_88
Angra-Mainyu

That's how I read it.

But anyway, it was altogether a bit too gung ho and serious for a Doctor Who episode, perhaps. But then I'm no expert. I do however know that I loved it and that I'd sooner watch that double episode than any of the others.
-nod nod-  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:17 am
I didn't like yesterdays Doctor Who... sweatdrop  

Mr. Bono Vox

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:39 am
Supposed to be the funny one in the series.

Peter Kay was fine, his alien character was designed by a kid who won a Blue Peter competition, which was why it was full of silly running bits I think.

Actually I liked the running bits.

"Elton, fetch a spade!"

Classic line.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:28 am
I think out Doctor right now is quite funny, he is unusually charming as well.  

Punkrock_1.0.1

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:52 pm
Mr. Bono Vox
I didn't like yesterdays Doctor Who... sweatdrop
I didn't either.
Well, it was ok, compared to the rest of tv but not for Doctor Who.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:30 pm
What happened in the last one? I was away at a wedding and didn't get to see it. I did phone my mum and ask her to video it but she forgot. sad
Thats terrible, actually phoning to get it recorded.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:05 pm
These was this alien inside this girl who was stealing kids and a cat out of thin air to have some friends, both the girl and the alien where lonely so the alien was attracted to the girl. Thae alien was this crazy emo alien who was separated from this heard of its brothers and sisters. this was set to the back drop of the 2012 olympics. best quote of the episode was this: "This thing is just like 'I'm 'avin' soma that!"
spoken by the Doctor when talking about the alien taking things and people.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:46 am
ice_illusion
What happened in the last one? I was away at a wedding and didn't get to see it. I did phone my mum and ask her to video it but she forgot. sad
Thats terrible, actually phoning to get it recorded.

series 2 is being repeated Friday nights on BBC3  

wodewose

Warnersister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:30 am
Mr. Bono Vox
best quote of the episode was this: "This thing is just like 'I'm 'avin' soma that!"
spoken by the Doctor when talking about the alien taking things and people.

I loved:

Doctor: I'm not really a cat person. Once you've been threatened by one in a nun's wimple, it takes away the joy.

Doctor: I cannot stress this enough: ball bearings you can eat - MASTERPIECE!

Loved this episode, some nice undertones of menace in the suburbs, good oneliners and it took to right near the end of the episode to succumb to Hollywood cheesiness.

DW  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games