Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
First reaction to yaoi or shounen-ai...? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nickybobaloo09

4,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:07 am
Ummm I think my first yaoi couple was ................... I cant remember actually sweatdrop but I actually hated the idea of two guys together ((around 3 years ago)) then I met this gay guy last year or something like that and I guess something sparked or changed cause I decided to give it another shot and then I was all like "DAMN THATS HOT!!!!" and now Im a SasuNaru addict  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 pm
So. I was about 14 and I was reading Harry Potter fanfiction. (okay, not Yaoi, slash. But same concept, two men or women) And I didn't know what slash meant. I read a couple of chapters of this story and was not getting the little hints of the two main characters (Snape and Harry) and all of the sudden BAM! They were going at it! eek My poor inocent mind was ruined! Although I didn't end up really getting into it until I was about 15. I started out with the soft stuff and worked my way up to being a fan.
And that, children, is the end of my story!  

VoldieslilSlytherin

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:07 pm
eek that pretty much sums it up  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:33 pm
Basically, was wandering around the net, and stumbled across it. At first I was all o.o........*blink Blink*.....eww.....? I really didnt know what to make of it at first....Eventually though, I ended up liking it. I am now obsessed and not ashamed to admit it^^.  

Yami-Ranpu

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:01 pm
at first i was like ooohh boy...wtf is this stuff gonk
but then it became one of those things that i just couldn't get enough of...like a really good sandwich or a trip to disney world mrgreen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:16 pm
let's see:
1st time:hentai
Reaction:fell out of seat, and felt inferior
2nd time:read Our Kingdom
Reaction:fell in love and desired more  

Revis_Engard

MiStAh MiStAh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:38 pm
lol when I was on imeem.com, I was going through random anime clips and I came across this video which kinda looked like hentai. It started with a man [Kanou] fingering another person. When I watched it, I came to find out the person getting fingered in the butt was a boy [Ayase]!
I wasn't a yaoi fan at that time, so it really surprised me. When I saw the complete Okane ga Nai OVA series, I became an obsessed fanboy. whee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:34 pm
The first slashfic I read was for a pairing I'm still not big on, so I was pretty 'meh' on it. And that was just because it was there on a fansite for something. Finding actual yaoi was mostly a combination of getting ideas for myself then double-checking with the internet before realizing that indeed, it was not a new concept.

Totally unsurprised the entire way through. Go figure! xd  

Kalloway

Dracavia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Well, lets see. I was eleven, and a rabid Harry Potter fan. I had just recently discovered the joy of fanfiction, so I was basically reading anything I could get my hands on. Lord only knows what combination of links I must have clicked on, but I ended up reading a fic on AFF.net, not knowing that it was an 18+ site (Not that it would have stopped me anyway... sweatdrop ). Anyway, it was an almost novel-length fic, so it didn't get into the pairings until later, and by then I was already hooked on the fic. So, when Harry and Draco started going at it, I believe my thoughts went something like this:

"And then Harry...and then Harry WHAT?! HARRY AND DRACO?! Where in the name of god did that come from?! But, I wanna know what happens in the end...Well, this is actually kinda interesting. How is this going to work out?"

I think I was actually more weirded out by the fact that they were enemies in the book rather then that they were both boys. xd

And so, by the end of that chapter, I was hooked on the dynamic of the Harry/Draco relationship. And with my mind now opened to the possibility of slash, I proceeded to read slash about pretty much anything else I'd ever read or watched. And since I was already a fan of anime and manga, when I heard there were such things as yaoi and BL in anime, it was the logical next step. And now, I am a happily addicted yaoi fangirl. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:54 am
I had a friend that liked yaoi.. she showed me and at first i was like : 0.0 ....WTF?! (when i was immature) sweatdrop

Theeennnnnnn a year later i stumbled upon yaoi in a book and fell in love- or errr obsession..... sweatdrop heart heart heart heart

My first favorite couple were Sasuke/naruto (ewwwwww i know ) gonk

3nodding I have better taste now. xd  

Lady Pureblood

Espada69

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:56 pm
I was 15 and I was on a anime site, I seen a link that said Yaoi and I went to it and there it was HARDCORE YAOI! I was WTF?!?! I scrolled down panicking and looked around to make sure no one was coming and I looked at all of them with a big smile and I was hooked on them ever since and even downloading Yaoi anime. And thats how it happened. hehe  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:50 pm
when i first saw it i was like "the writers an idiot! scream he's not a girl! he's a boy!" and then when i figured it out i was like ... "ohhhhhh... eek " lol  

Kamia Kimura

Familiar Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

iiAnarchyDuck

Fashionable Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:43 pm
Ooo, first time I found about yaoi... I was probably somewhere between 13 and 14 (I'm 17 now) and I was really into Lord of the Rings so I was looking up fan fiction sites. I found one and I started reading one of the stories and I realized what Merry and Pippin were doing.... I think I blinked a couple of times with the thought of 'Ewewewewew!' running through my head. Then I got a little curious and started reading more on that site sweatdrop

I eventually found FF.net and YuGiOh shonen-ai stuff... it didn't take me too long before I really got into it. Now I'm buying 18+ yaoi manga and reading it online, WISHING my computer was fast enough so I could download stuff ^^

First real favorite shonen-ai/yaoi pairing? YamixYuugi from YuGiOh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:51 pm
Picked u a random book (This is when I didn't know what yaoi was) neutral + confused + eek + stare +(Finished the Book)= redface + heart xd  

Rebel_Angel9

Inu of Baskerville

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:40 pm
I fell in love with it. What's more to say?  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games