Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
Graveyard Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:56 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
"As I stated, I'm not certain that it would. There is no solid proof." By the sound of her voice it was becoming ever apparent that she was frustrated, worried perhaps. "But I've seen enough to believe it may." Again she let her mind open for a flood of images to be handed over to Vikteren like something tangible; memories of the child Antha clinging to Julien as she stood with him outside of a window, watching the person inside writhe and scream in pain until they fell over, dead. This person is the same as us, he had told her, drawing the edge of his great black cloak around her shoulders to shield her from the snow. This woman was a witch, though none as great as any Designee to the Mayfair Legacy. This had made Antha cry, though she didn't understand the reasoning for it. Empathy was unknown to her. Oncle Julien, what was wrong with her? The man had become sullen in a split second, afraid possibly, and certainly bitter. He was hiding something from her, something dark. I don't know, ma chérie. She could see it in the depths of his mind, the image of blood simmering in its veins, turning to pure poison for some unknown reason. He could see it through the woman's flesh and Antha could see it through his eyes.
"There was something that disturbed the blood in her for some unknown reason. Julien and I watched and never saw any kind of harm come to her. It was only the blood. So who's to say it wasn't that the origin was annihilated?" The smoky form stood still then, waiting for a response.

Finally, he released her gaze. "Very well. If it would distress you, then I will not go against your wishes." Vikteren stood, and turned to leave the room. At least, if he gave in, she would return to the surface. To the sunlight, where she belonged. He closed his eyes as he reached the door, leaned against it's warped planks. Suddenly--he felt--dizzy. Maybe he had overestimated his strength--it had been too long since he had last fed. He sank to his knees, pressed his forehead against the cold stone walls. Dizzy. he thought deliriously. "It has been too long," he murmured, only half-aware that he spoke aloud. He let his eyes slip closed. "At least I'm not in any danger here..." before his hands dropped, and he fell into sleep.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:32 pm
In a split second the hazy form had vanished, dispersing into the billion little particles that had been drawn together. It was some 10 minutes later, however, that Vikteren was dragged aside by an unseen force and the door crept open to let Antha slip inside. How anti-climactic... she thought with the greatest tone of sarcasm in her head. Still, a little smile lingered on her lips; she couldn't help it.
You will sleep still. This she commanded of Sleet as she felt his sleep lessening, his consciousness returning. And at her command, the drowsiness overtook the little part of his mind that had awakened. Meanwhile, the particles that had made up her shadow that had spoken with Vikteren were drawing together again, though this time they joined with others to create two faceless figures whose only purpose was using the little density they had to lift him and follow after Antha. After all, she was a somewhat frail and sickly girl; she couldn't carry hardly anything bigger than her little 5-year-old niece Victoria. So she quietly slipped back out of the room just as she came, the contrived creatures carrying Vikteren following diligently behind her as she started on her way to the opening of the crypt.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:21 am
He knew, even in his--what could pass for sleeping--state, that he was being taken somewhere. But he didn't want to move, couldn't summon up the will to protest. Twilight had fallen, anyways. And unless someone had been planning this for a while--unlikely, since he was new here--they didn't have the supplies to outdo some of his previous unpleasant experiences.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:38 pm
It took a while before they arrived at the larger chambers that signaled the end of the line. And everywhere she could feel the sleep lessening on the vampires hidden away behind the walls, slowly getting lighter and lighter until finally she heard the movement of several. However, they had reached the stairs and she was as quick as ever to ascend them and stand finally with her hand pressed to the great stone door. She didn't dare open it though; she stood still instead, calling out with the most direct possible telepathy for Nicolae's help. And he, being as protective of his little sister as he was, took no time at all in responding that he'd be there as soon as he could manage. So Antha, still increasingly nervous, sat quietly down at the top stair to wait.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:49 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
It took a while before they arrived at the larger chambers that signaled the end of the line. And everywhere she could feel the sleep lessening on the vampires hidden away behind the walls, slowly getting lighter and lighter until finally she heard the movement of several. However, they had reached the stairs and she was as quick as ever to ascend them and stand finally with her hand pressed to the great stone door. She didn't dare open it though; she stood still instead, calling out with the most direct possible telepathy for Nicolae's help. And he, being as protective of his little sister as he was, took no time at all in responding that he'd be there as soon as he could manage. So Antha, still increasingly nervous, sat quietly down at the top stair to wait.

The vampire stirred, attempted to open his eyes. It shouldn't have been this difficult. Finally, he managed a blurry view of his surroundings through a fringe of eyelashes. Red hair. Antha. A--not quite an ally, but nor was she his enemy. "Thank you," Vikteren whispered, after the silence had stretched on too long.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:40 pm
Antha, lost to the world as she carefully monitored both her brother and Sleet's movements, snapped back into reality and blinked several times in confusion before her eyes fell on Vikteren. "Don't mention it," she said softly, a sweet smile formed on her face that made her seem perhaps more childish in appearance than usually she would let on, but certainly it was more appealing on her than her usual mask of apathy.
The sound of grinding stone was heard rather loudly as the entrance to the catacombs was forced open by swift, strong arms. Outside it was twilight, she knew it the moment her eyes were allowed to set upon the sky. However, it was covered with a canopy of cloud that was bursting open with fresh snow. "Can we bloody hurry?" Nicolae rushed in as soon as the opening was large enough for him to slide through, taking hold of his little sister and crushing her against his chest, half out of relief that she was alright and half because he was freezing. "Where do you want me to take you? Hurry up, I have places to be."
Antha, who didn't like the mischievous smirk on his face, detached herself from him and stooped down beside Vikteren, her hands automatically folding on her knees. "Do you have a preference for where you should be taken?" she asked in her most curious voice, "Or should we take you back to my house?" Personally, she thought this the best choice. After all, Antha had exactly what he needed in numerous little vials and bottles stashed under the floor of her library and behind the locked door of her basement.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:38 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
Antha, lost to the world as she carefully monitored both her brother and Sleet's movements, snapped back into reality and blinked several times in confusion before her eyes fell on Vikteren. "Don't mention it," she said softly, a sweet smile formed on her face that made her seem perhaps more childish in appearance than usually she would let on, but certainly it was more appealing on her than her usual mask of apathy.
The sound of grinding stone was heard rather loudly as the entrance to the catacombs was forced open by swift, strong arms. Outside it was twilight, she knew it the moment her eyes were allowed to set upon the sky. However, it was covered with a canopy of cloud that was bursting open with fresh snow. "Can we bloody hurry?" Nicolae rushed in as soon as the opening was large enough for him to slide through, taking hold of his little sister and crushing her against his chest, half out of relief that she was alright and half because he was freezing. "Where do you want me to take you? Hurry up, I have places to be."
Antha, who didn't like the mischievous smirk on his face, detached herself from him and stooped down beside Vikteren, her hands automatically folding on her knees. "Do you have a preference for where you should be taken?" she asked in her most curious voice, "Or should we take you back to my house?" Personally, she thought this the best choice. After all, Antha had exactly what he needed in numerous little vials and bottles stashed under the floor of her library and behind the locked door of her basement.

He sat up, flattening his palms against the floor. "I--" he hesitated. "I have no plans for lodging as of yet. Your offer of hospitality is welcome, but I do not wish to intrude upon your family affairs, seeing as how we have known each other for so short a time..."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:14 am
"Family has nothing to do with it," she stated simply, turning for a moment as she saw Nicolae's movement in the corner of her eye. "They're not allowed in my house unless under special circumstances." She laughed lightly as if this were amusing, rising to her feet as Nicolae approached.
"Well then, let's roll." He stood over Vikteren, trying to figure out how he'd get him there. As far as he was concerned, it was tricky business.
He might have asked Antha for help, but she had already slipped through the door and stood kicking at the snow outside, the old book locked firmly in her arms again. "Useless brother..." she sighed, growing impatient.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:43 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
"Family has nothing to do with it," she stated simply, turning for a moment as she saw Nicolae's movement in the corner of her eye. "They're not allowed in my house unless under special circumstances." She laughed lightly as if this were amusing, rising to her feet as Nicolae approached.
"Well then, let's roll." He stood over Vikteren, trying to figure out how he'd get him there. As far as he was concerned, it was tricky business.
He might have asked Antha for help, but she had already slipped through the door and stood kicking at the snow outside, the old book locked firmly in her arms again. "Useless brother..." she sighed, growing impatient.

He stood, a little shakily, and began towards the door. Vikteren had at least enough pride left to make it on his own. Steadying himself against the wall, he glanced back over his shoulder at Antha's brother. "You don't have to come," he said flatly. "I can make it on my own." He winced slightly, realizing how ungrateful he sounded, but continued. "I assure you that I have no intention of bringing harm to your sister--nor would I be able to, in my current...state...and the nightfall will stabilize me as much as it is able."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:42 pm
"Between the two of you," Nicolae started as he took hold of Vikteren's arm, "Antha's not the one I expect to get hurt." In all honesty, it was most likely mere jealousy that kept Nicholae speaking at the moment. He was not only protective but possessional of his sister and he didn't like the thought of her alone with a vampire. After all, he knew his kind and he knew how things ended up when thirst overtook them.
"Nicolae!" Antha popped into vision from behind the door, a sudden and stark contrast from the drab gray of the stone walls. "Vikteren, are you all right?" Truthfully, she wanted Nicolae gone; he was a perfect annoyance to her. But she put up with him because she knew Vikteren would never make it to Satis House on his own and she was no help at all, weak as she was. "You look exhausted." And it also annoyed her, finally, that he was being so stubborn. Not that she would be any different though.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:42 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
"Between the two of you," Nicolae started as he took hold of Vikteren's arm, "Antha's not the one I expect to get hurt." In all honesty, it was most likely mere jealousy that kept Nicholae speaking at the moment. He was not only protective but possessional of his sister and he didn't like the thought of her alone with a vampire. After all, he knew his kind and he knew how things ended up when thirst overtook them.
"Nicolae!" Antha popped into vision from behind the door, a sudden and stark contrast from the drab gray of the stone walls. "Vikteren, are you all right?" Truthfully, she wanted Nicolae gone; he was a perfect annoyance to her. But she put up with him because she knew Vikteren would never make it to Satis House on his own and she was no help at all, weak as she was. "You look exhausted." And it also annoyed her, finally, that he was being so stubborn. Not that she would be any different though.

The vampire gave Nicolae a long, expressionless look. "I'd rather believe I'm not enough of a fool to try it." He turned away, caught sight of Antha. Vikteren blinked uncertainly at her words. "It is--it is nothing you need concern yourself over. It is more appearance than anything else." Caught off his guard by her inquiry, he let a brief smile slip across his face for an instant.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:24 pm
She entered through the gates swiftly, yet noiselessly, and suddenly, she sat upon a stone cross-a shape she had grown fond of. Annabelle swung her feet slightly, weary from her long journey.
Perhaps we should find a place to rest. What do you say...Xavier? She thought.
She looked down over her back, meeting the luminous eyes of her companion. Xavier nodded.

Vampiress`BellaMarie.

Vampiress`BellaMarie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:41 pm
"Where to?" she said aloud now.
"Shall we go to that abandoned house I've...heard...about?" asked Xavier in his usual muted tone of voice.
"Splendid," Annabelle said dryly.

{Exit}

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:46 am
Antha stared at him for a moment, in shock perhaps, before suddenly a light blush came to her cheeks and she withdrew hastily to wait for them outside. Nicolae only smirked, wanting to laugh at his sister but afraid to do so. In all honesty, he was quite certain now that he was jealous, but he didn't let that get to him. It was to be expected, after all, from a boy who had once thought his little sister's entire life depended on his help. But now all he could do was come when she called him, do what he could, and try to hold it over her head when she scolded him for this or that.
When he emerged back in the cold winter air outside, dragging Vikteren for all he cared, Antha stood a ways down the path, waiting silently for them to catch up. "Don't be rude," she said automatically over the short distance, biting her lip for paranoia that he was being too rough with Vikteren given his present condition.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:45 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
Antha stared at him for a moment, in shock perhaps, before suddenly a light blush came to her cheeks and she withdrew hastily to wait for them outside. Nicolae only smirked, wanting to laugh at his sister but afraid to do so. In all honesty, he was quite certain now that he was jealous, but he didn't let that get to him. It was to be expected, after all, from a boy who had once thought his little sister's entire life depended on his help. But now all he could do was come when she called him, do what he could, and try to hold it over her head when she scolded him for this or that.
When he emerged back in the cold winter air outside, dragging Vikteren for all he cared, Antha stood a ways down the path, waiting silently for them to catch up. "Don't be rude," she said automatically over the short distance, biting her lip for paranoia that he was being too rough with Vikteren given his present condition.

As he entered into the night air, he felt a faint shudder run down his spine at the comfort it gave him. This was what he had become, wasn't it? A child of the night, cliche as the phrase was. He drew his strength from this element--it supported him--but still he could not help but despise it. Pushing thoughts back from his mind, Vikteren began to tap into the element around him, keeping himself upright and his steps even. He wouldn't let himself be dragged along like an insubordinant child. He had too much pride left for that.  
Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff