2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:51 am
I return to find this lovely thread abandoned! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:43 pm

Maybe I can help revive....probably not

But I have somewhat of a soprano voice but then again I haven't been and a choir in over 4 years. I just sing along to my music hoping to get the right pitch.

NekoYasha09er

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:26 pm
That's always fun. Hey, is anyone in this guild in a showchoir?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:54 am
I was in the Gospel Choir at school, only choir in the country where 3/4 of the members had DM's (remember this was the 90's) and band shirts under their robes, also the only Choir who warmed up using the Beatles, Stones and Queen.  

Rellik San
Crew

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:32 pm
Now that sounded like a fun choir.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:40 pm
YES MY THREAD HAS NOT DIED....VICTORY SHALL BE MINE!!...sorry everyone. It somewhat died, and I haven't been on gaia as much due to school and stuff but thank you for returning and we shall continue discussion of the vocal variety smile  

Fallentowards

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:02 pm

It is quite alright. School and other things happen to get in my way of gaia time as well.

To ad to the whole vocal variety, when did everyone start singing?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:58 pm
Yay! FT has returned! *huggle*

I began singing...er...I think in kindergarten, maybe before... with those little class programs, ya know? Other than that, there wasn't a sign-up choir at my school until I was in the fourth grade...and I've been in at least two choirs simultaneously ever since. I've also been in a few musicals.

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:52 pm
Senchou Ari Mizuko
Yay! FT has returned! *huggle*

I began singing...er...I think in kindergarten, maybe before... with those little class programs, ya know? Other than that, there wasn't a sign-up choir at my school until I was in the fourth grade...and I've been in at least two choirs simultaneously ever since. I've also been in a few musicals.

*huggles back* I'm glad to get a warm welcome ...and to answer this question I was a late bloomer with singing. I didn't discover i could sing until grade 5 and i really didn't start singing a lot until grade 7...then it was all about the singing. I'm applying to university for music education I wish to become a vocal coach smile I've been in choirs, in and outside of school, I'm currently taking vocal lessons, and I peer tutor grade 10/11 vocal whcih is where i am placed inside a class to help the students and the teacher...and it's a course...it's bloody awesome. I'm basically an assistant teacher i lead warm ups, do one on one work with students, do theory lessons...blah blah..loads of fun stuff smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:10 pm
And apparently it went dead again...So i pose a new question:
What is something you wish to work on with your voice?
Be it range, pitch, tone, diction...ect..ect  

Fallentowards

Kit Invidious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:57 am
With my voice I do more low pitched vocals but my vocals can have a high pitched but I would like if my pitch could go somewhat higher like how Sharon den Adel singer of Within Temptation sings Angels. I also wish i had more powerful voice when it comes to growling...Thats about how I would like my voice to become but Meh I am happy with my voice still.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:25 pm
Towards The End
With my voice I do more low pitched vocals but my vocals can have a high pitched but I would like if my pitch could go somewhat higher like how Sharon den Adel singer of Within Temptation sings Angels. I also wish i had more powerful voice when it comes to growling...Thats about how I would like my voice to become but Meh I am happy with my voice still.....

Trick to singing higher is to feel it within your face, and to think down not up....too many singers thing high notes you need to reach for...when truly you should think of jumping on top of the note...you hit them better that way. going up on scales is always an excellent way to improve upper register. Your diaphragm is your best friend when it comes to high notes so practice high notes staccato, with HA HA's, HE HE's so on and so forth. Helps with hitting notes better and betters the range smile  

Fallentowards

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:29 pm
hn..That's a good idea. would also like to continue expanding my upper range, as I think I'm losing it gonk and I'd also like to learn to act as I sing and to scream with out injuring myself.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff