Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ Avatar Alley ★ - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Introduction - Post here first, say hello! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vosca

Crew

Distinct Conversationalist

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:23 pm
afantasticlie

Welcome to the guild! Our timeframes for being active on gaia are super similar, how funny whee  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:46 pm
Vosca
Welcome to the guild! Our timeframes for being active on gaia are super similar, how funny whee

Lmao, I noticed that too! You meant the times when we first signed up, right? owo Otherwise, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and your likely hectic schedule in advance! We're also the same age! ninja and thank you for the kind welcome! It's much appreciated heart Has the guild lived up to any pre expectations for you?  

afantasticlie

Vosca

Crew

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:32 am
afantasticlie
Vosca

Lmao, I noticed that too! You meant the times when we first signed up, right? owo Otherwise, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and your likely hectic schedule in advance! We're also the same age! ninja and thank you for the kind welcome! It's much appreciated heart Has the guild lived up to any pre expectations for you?

I did mean the sign up times, lol yes. I also meant like our periods of going inactive then coming back on were really similar whee
It's the most active of the guilds I've been in (which is an incredibly low bar to be fair sweatdrop ) so that's really nice. And the contests have been fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:37 pm
Vosca
afantasticlie
Vosca

I did mean the sign up times, lol yes. I also meant like our periods of going inactive then coming back on were really similar whee
It's the most active of the guilds I've been in (which is an incredibly low bar to be fair sweatdrop ) so that's really nice. And the contests have been fun.

Lol, cool! It seems alot of people dropped at that time... at least, the people I've talked to have a similar story. To me, it was the clear line of classism Gaia had going on that had me ghosting. I'm glad it was, more or less, resolved! I love being able to have this much freedom crafting my avatars. Though I originally came for the flash games, I'm glad to have the currency conversion surprise. Do you have a reason for dropping then returning?

That's awesome to hear! For me, my judgment lies in how welcoming the majority is. Sadly, most of the guilds I join normally have some kind of preexisting group of cliques whom habitually ice out newbies. So, I'll have to wait and see. But, on the off hand, I plan to be more active soon. Just life, yah know. I am having fun making my closet in the test forum though! Just need to tinker on my graphics emotion_dowant but, if I hit another rl roadblock, I might just add it prematurely lol.

Other than that, I do hope any winter celebrations you might have had were nice and joyous! Along with a Happy New Year!  

afantasticlie

Vosca

Crew

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:29 pm
afantasticlie
Vosca
afantasticlie
Vosca

Lol, cool! It seems alot of people dropped at that time... at least, the people I've talked to have a similar story. To me, it was the clear line of classism Gaia had going on that had me ghosting. I'm glad it was, more or less, resolved! I love being able to have this much freedom crafting my avatars. Though I originally came for the flash games, I'm glad to have the currency conversion surprise. Do you have a reason for dropping then returning?

That's awesome to hear! For me, my judgment lies in how welcoming the majority is. Sadly, most of the guilds I join normally have some kind of preexisting group of cliques whom habitually ice out newbies. So, I'll have to wait and see. But, on the off hand, I plan to be more active soon. Just life, yah know. I am having fun making my closet in the test forum though! Just need to tinker on my graphics emotion_dowant but, if I hit another rl roadblock, I might just add it prematurely lol.

Other than that, I do hope any winter celebrations you might have had were nice and joyous! Along with a Happy New Year!

Honestly, I didn't have a real clear reason for leaving, or coming back. Just kinda....lost interest, then years later remembered this existed and just came back xp

Aw, I'm sorry you've had rude guilds like that~! I hope we've been more welcoming <3

Happy New Year to you too~!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:14 pm
counselor troi
Name or Nickname: Olivia
How long you've been on Gaia: 2013
Favorite Dress up item(s): I always try to use Lash Out, some sort of blush (like Youthful Blush, Slash Blush, or Across Blush), and elf ears (like Halfling Ears, Sylvan Elf Ears or the ears in Your Dilemma)
What inspires your avatars?: It varies. Most of the time, I create an entire avatar inspired by a single item. I tend to lean more towards elves and fantasy themed avatars but I try to expand to new areas as much as possible.
What you hope to get out of the guild: I'd love to be able to talk to other people who enjoy creating avatars and learn about their process of creating new avis. I'd also really like to join contests (when I have the time) and be able to discover new items! There are so many amazing items out there waiting to be discovered emotion_kirakira

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): Uhhhh well I guess I can list some random things. To start, I work in the animation/film industry but more on the technical side of things. I'm pretty quiet and reserved around people I don't really know but love to talk and goof around with the people I'm close to. My SO and I have been together for 4 years (our anniversary is coming up next month) and we have a orange tabby that we adopted from the animal shelter earlier this year. heart

Welcome!!!
I also have the urge to make sure my avatar has some form of blush. Usually spiritual blush. I hope the people here inspire and get your creative juices flowing. Also happy belated anniversary! My husband and I have our anniversary coming up this month. 11years...seems like it went so fast.  

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:16 pm
Ichigo Arerugi
Name or Nickname: Ichigo Arerugi
How long you've been on Gaia: 2009 or 2010, I think?
Favorite Dress up item(s): Alleycat's Nose (usually layered with the His Reign nose), eyebrow items, Me Day, The Ringmaster's Show. I'm so obsessed with circus items that half a page of my invo is nothing but those.
What inspires your avatars?: Usually I try to make outfits for my OCs from writing. Otherwise, I like my avatars to look like they *could* be characters in something. If it's not circus performers, it's wizards, royals, knights, sci-fi, or gods/goddesses. I also like to mix aesthetics.
What you hope to get out of the guild: People to geek out about avatars with.

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): I'm just as obsessed with outfit-making offline as on. Also really into internet mysteries, Neil Gaiman, and reading plays.

Thanks for joining! I have really enjoyed seeing all your avi entries. I definitely see your affinity for circus/wizards/knights and other characters. Ooh I didn't know alleycat and his reign layers...will have to try that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:22 pm
afantasticlie
NAME & NICKNAME & AGE
      Hi! My name is afantasticlie and I don't really have a nickname. I guess I can be OK with Liar? I hadn't thought I would actually join any communities so a username that can be simplified wasn't a top priority, lol. I'm also in my mid twenties.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ON GAIA
      I had first joined Gaia back in 2008 and stayed up until 2012, I think. I came back around 2018, creating a fresh start with a new account then shortly taking a hiatus after two-ish years. Been officially back for the passed year, I believe. Maybe a bit longer.

FAVORITE ITEMS?
      I love, love LOVE my SDPlus skin dolls and Invisibility Cloak. My background items are some things I love, too. I'll have a more complete list in my closet once I'm done compiling it.

WHAT INSPIRES YOUR AVATARS?
      Normally, an item spurs my creative juices. Though a new color scheme or event can play a part. Fantasy is primarily what I work with. Making avis is a stress relief.

WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO GET FROM THE GUILD?
      I don't know what to really expect from this guild itself, though I did join primarily to find new item guides and see new styles. Maybe find some comradery.

TELL A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF!
      I'm an introvert. I do talk, but it can be exhausting so constant chatter is hard for me. My time and schedule is also mainly spoken for between the multitude of responsibilities I've taken on, but I'll try hard to be an active member as much as I humanly can! Holidays, though, is far too stressful. I'm also a very private person and don't enjoy talking about my life in defined detail. A vague hint here and there, if I do at all. As for interests, I love cats, birds, and rodents. My favorite genres are horror, mystery, and fantasy. I draw, paint, and, at times, write. I also like it when things are neat and have a order, so I tend to enter things far passed a time I would've liked.

Welcome! I hope the guild can provide some ideas to do some avatar destressing. I like to build between stuff while I work at home. It keeps me sane.
I hope you enjoyed the holidays.  

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

Duskymaiden

Snow Rabbit

4,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:55 am
Name or Nickname: Dusky
How long you've been on Gaia: 08/02/2006 apparently
Favorite Dress up item(s): Not sure anything cute and usually blue.
What inspires your avatars?: My mood at the time!
What you hope to get out of the guild: Fun and dressing up my avatar!

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!):
Old lady just got back on Gaia cause it took forever for my account to get unfrozen which I can imagine it's because Gaia is super short staffed.
I'm Canadian but I live in Australia!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:18 pm
Duskymaiden

Old lady just got back on Gaia cause it took forever for my account to get unfrozen which I can imagine it's because Gaia is super short staffed.

Welcome! Feel free to jump in any thread. Also I do a weekly contest with prizes so be sure to check it out each week. I hope to see you around. 4laugh  

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

Duskymaiden

Snow Rabbit

4,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:12 pm
Aeternam
Duskymaiden

Welcome! Feel free to jump in any thread. Also I do a weekly contest with prizes so be sure to check it out each week. I hope to see you around. 4laugh

Okay! also what is ghosting?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:22 pm
Duskymaiden
Aeternam
Duskymaiden

Hello! Its when you use another's inventory to create them an avatar. Or they for you. There is a code you must enter to see their items. **this thread has a nice little description.  

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Duskymaiden

Snow Rabbit

4,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:14 am
DawnLuna
Duskymaiden
Aeternam
Duskymaiden

Hello! Its when you use another's inventory to create them an avatar. Or they for you. There is a code you must enter to see their items. **this thread has a nice little description.

That's cool! thanks!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:29 pm
Duskymaiden
DawnLuna
Duskymaiden
Aeternam
Duskymaiden

That's cool! thanks!

👍  

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Vosca

Crew

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:10 pm
Duskymaiden

welcome welcome~! since dawnluna's explained ghosting to you, feel free to join our ghosting thread in the forum!  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff