Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
Revolution: Gaia Magazine - First Issue posted Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How'd the first issue come out?
  Pretty!
  Meh.
  Maybe you should not make another..
View Results

GentleBirb

Skilled Genius

8,975 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:14 pm
xx I met my fate xx

You should PM a different mod about the image. They keep histories of why things were deleted so they can see the cause and I'm sure they'll deem it stupid. Then the mod who deleted it will be told in no uncertain terms that that is not okay.

I have given up on that. I won't open up a new shop anyway. I should have done research rather than assume that I needed to put nsfw on my art shop to do tasteful non-sexy n***s like the other art shops had. I do know that it was my fault for putting down nsfw but apparently adding "In the forms of fluff and slight gore" To define it doesn't change what I meant by it.

TS Sailor Cronus

See, that's what I was thinking: don't they normally have records of these things?

I wouldn't bring it up if it was too long ago, but that story did sound pretty familiar to me. I was fairly certain I read a description in an art shop that sounded like what you provided, Maho, and then it was just gone. It is somewhat recent, isn't it?

(I don't blame you if you just give it up entirely. sad I would be sad about it, but I can hardly fault you.)

It was in November 2013 when my art shop was deleted. It was a joint art shop and my friend's posts all still remain in the art shop but since I posted most of the profiles and stuff for my art shop it was pretty much butchered. I can't see why a post as long as a whole entire 5 page scrolls was deleted for a size 9 text font line hidden between two pictures. I asked why I wasn't "asked" To remove that portion before it was deleted. But I guess that's the rules even for a Gaian who's spent over 200$ on this site and has been a member participating in the community since 2003 and never has done anything wrong until 10 years later. What a fine way to treat a loyal site user. But I feel like it was too long ago and like I said because of that Nightmare scarf fiasco higher up mods than this one already dislike me for somehow conspiring to take away original prize work when I had no clue and it was a gift.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:18 pm
But I want you to open a new shop so I can throw my gold at you!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Also full nudity is actually allowed on Gaia if it's not sexual. Artistic nudity is allowed but it must be in LINK form, not thumbnail or full image form.

Yep. Earlier today I was looking over the rules in the art forums, and you're right, nudity IS allowed. That just made me more upset about that mod. >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 am
++ Oh. Did I mention the magazine's finished? It's finished!
Yay. Definitely finished. I'm catching small errors here and there but it won't be posted till tomorrow anyway.

Why it won't be posted.. Siiigh. The fancy version of Issue 01 comes out to a whopping 215mb.
115mb over what the free version of issuu will allow for an uploaded publication. I've resized it down
in adobe reader and scrapped it off to 155mb. Still 55mb over what we need.

I could fix this in many ways.. I could go back, flatten everything (which I didn't do before), then rebind
all the pages over. However the quality is going to be sufficiently less.

But I -do- get paid tomorrow. And $29 a month isn't so bad along with many addition features for the magazine
and its future life. And it'll be so glossy and beautiful and high resolution and nice, I see it totally
worth it.

So that's where we stand. The magazine ended up being 50 pages from front to back and looks very
good. So tomorrow after work, yes? We shall be seeing our first issue!
++

Quadropopilous

Rare

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:20 pm
Quadropopilous
Yay. Definitely finished. I'm catching small errors here and there but it won't be posted till tomorrow anyway.

Why it won't be posted.. Siiigh. The fancy version of Issue 01 comes out to a whopping 215mb.
115mb over what the free version of issuu will allow for an uploaded publication. I've resized it down

I could fix this in many ways.. I could go back, flatten everything (which I didn't do before), then rebind

But I -do- get paid tomorrow. And $29 a month isn't so bad along with many addition features for the magazine
and its future life. And it'll be so glossy and beautiful and high resolution and nice, I see it totally
worth it.

So that's where we stand. The magazine ended up being 50 pages from front to back and looks very
++

OMG that's so exciting! Thank you so much!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:52 pm
Quadropopilous

worth it.

++

Yay! So excited!! Thank you!!!  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:47 pm
Quadropopilous

worth it.

++

Maybe for just the very first issue we could accept it at a reduced quality. I worry about you paying for it when nobody has even seen it yet. Give it a trial run first, see if people are actually going to read it and be interested. If it comes to the point where we will not be able to keep it running after one or two or three months, I would worry about the cost of putting it up there.

It's up to you, really. I just wanted to put my two cents in.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:35 pm
I can't wait for this!!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:15 pm
*so excited to see this*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:47 pm
Quuuaaaaddddd...is it after work YET!?  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:57 pm
xx I met my fate xx

++ Yes. Yes it is. It's currently uploading right now. I don't know
what additional options I'll get afterwards, but it is currently uploading the .pdf.
++

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:59 pm
Quadropopilous
xx I met my fate xx

++ Yes. Yes it is. It's currently uploading right now. I don't know
what additional options I'll get afterwards, but it is currently uploading the .pdf.
++

*SQUEEEE* *glomp* YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

I'm so excited!! I could kiss all over your face!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:41 pm
KittieCupcakes

Darius Runan

TS Sailor Cronus

Zandykins

Pwnder

0UI

xx I met my fate xx

++ http://issuu.com/quadropopilousquadicus/docs/gr_issue01 ++

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:43 pm
Quadropopilous

It looks awesome but I'm honestly a little upset that you re-formatted my article. I worked hard on it and formatted it myself. Also whomever edited took out sentences and made it not make sense in places...also some of the images are gone which also make certain parts not make sense...it made it look like I can't write which really bothers me.

Plus...again, I worked hard and I really liked the way I had it formatted.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

KittieCupcakes

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:47 pm
Quadropopilous
KittieCupcakes

Darius Runan

TS Sailor Cronus

Zandykins

Pwnder

0UI

xx I met my fate xx

++ http://issuu.com/quadropopilousquadicus/docs/gr_issue01 ++

Very cool! Great Job!!
Are you going to have a banner made for it so people can put it in their sigs/profiles?  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff