Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Different Types of Vegetarianism! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reptileluver101

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:28 pm
I am currently a Semi-/Half-/Transitional/Social Vegetarians, i used to be a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian and i hope to be again. its rlly complicated why i couldnt be one anymore but heres one word; parents. i was one for two yrs smile . and i will surely be one when im older, but hopefully soon!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:37 pm
Soymilk_Gun
Smithium
I'm a non-wasting vegan. In other words, I will not eat animal by-products unless they're going to waste.

I think they call that a "freegan."

yeah thats called freegan...ive got alot of roadkill eatin friends...i think an important addition to veganism is anti-consumerist awarness...consumer capitalism (even of just vegan products) results in the death of many animals and destruction of the earth (the soybean industry is quite enviromentaly destructive) industiral agriculture itself kills animals using pestacides and in the harvesting process and denies animal natural habitat

do u no wat annoys me? my mom insists half these forms of vegetarianism rnt real. i think shes just trying to get me to stop wanting to be a vegetarian again (lacto-ovo-vegan) and i also, after learning more want to become a vegan. but my mom made me stop being a vegetarian when i had been one for 2 yrs. and u make a great point about the pestacides. biggrin  

reptileluver101

Captain Fagbox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:35 pm
User Image

Vegan with Celiac Disease,
therefore I am unable to eat eat wheat, oats, and some grains.
3nodding

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:36 am
Hatelijk_en_bloeden
Soymilk_Gun
dont forget "beegan"...vegans that eat honey, ive met plenty...dosent make much sense and honey is easy to give up

Yeah, same here.

I'd like to become a full-fledged vegan but my allergies are terrible.
And i can't swallow pills.
Not to mention i'm very anti-pills/drugs/etc.

Local Honey helps with seasonal allergies, so i use that as my "allergy medication"
I guess i'd be a beegan during that time of the year when my allergies are terrible, and vegan for the other 3 seasons.
3nodding
hypocritical?
kind-of but i think a little bit of bee honey would be better for animals as a whole instead of taking a drug that has to be animal tested on by government regulation to determine it's "safety".
stare  

Sakakikala

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:30 pm
I am an organic vegan. biggrin
Peace and Love,
Sazzie heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:21 pm
~Love Will Tear Us Apart~
Also Raw Vegans. They don't eat any processed vegan foods. So, no tofutti.

:]

I've also heard of these folk referred to as "raw foodists" - some will eat meat (raw of course). But yes, they will not eat any cooked or modified foods. For example, they'll use a thin-slice of a large beet or turnip instead of a burrito or pita, and the rice and beans inside will have been soaked in cold water long enough to soften them, instead of cooking them.

By the way... I'm not a raw foodist! I'm ovo-lacto vegetarian since 2000.  

Sparrow-chan

xXVaMPiiReM O NXx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:06 pm
Lol.

Well according to this sticky I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian.
Been so for about two years. I'm not sure exactly how long, I'm bad with dates.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:58 pm
I would be lacto-ovo...

I could easily move up to a beegan if only ice cream didn't taste so good... &yeah, that's a lame excuse. When I do buy eggs, which isn't often, I get free-range from a local farm...

I don't eat gelatin... I know a few people who say they are lacto-ovo but they eat gelatin... that doesn't make sense to me

Valerie Forest

Short Melancholic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:46 pm
I want to become a pescetarian/ macrobiotic.
I stopped eating beef in January and this year I want to stop eating poultry too.
Would you say being a pescetarian is bad?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:41 pm
Short Melancholic
I stopped eating beef in January and this year I want to stop eating poultry too.

in my opinon, it's better than eating every animal in sight :]. it could also make it easier for you to become a ovo-lacto-vegan when you're older; or maybe even a vegan! biggrin  

reptileluver101

Regenbogencolours

6,000 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:40 pm
Guess I'm Pescetarian tough I eat fish/sea fruits only about once a month  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:37 am
I'm a vegan, standing to be accounted for. ^_^  

Tandahda

Sylphide Le Papillion

Fashionable Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:16 pm
I'm lacto-ovo... I would like to become vegan someday, but unfortunately it's not possible at the moment. My parents support me being vegetarian because it's really easy for me to not eat meat, but being a vegan while still at home wouldn't work well. We don't have the money to buy vegan products and my family are omnivores (except my sister who I converted to veggie). I have been trying to at least switch to organic dairy, and I don't eat that much anyways because I'm a bit lactose intolerant. I am also very strict with not eating products with gelatin and the like in it, and animal rennetless cheese. Anyways, all you vegans are awesome and please don't hate me... ^^;  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:50 pm
Short Melancholic

well, if you are eating fish pretty often, you're ending more lives, since it takes more fish to feed you than cows or other animals.

the fishing industry is also putting the marine environment in the s**t can. pescetarians contribute to that.

vegetarians do not.  

aoijea23487

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:52 pm
Sylphide Le Papillion
I'm lacto-ovo... I would like to become vegan someday, but unfortunately it's not possible at the moment. My parents support me being vegetarian because it's really easy for me to not eat meat, but being a vegan while still at home wouldn't work well. We don't have the money to buy vegan products and my family are omnivores (except my sister who I converted to veggie). I have been trying to at least switch to organic dairy, and I don't eat that much anyways because I'm a bit lactose intolerant. I am also very strict with not eating products with gelatin and the like in it, and animal rennetless cheese. Anyways, all you vegans are awesome and please don't hate me... ^^;

to my knowledge, beans, fruit, vegetables, and grains are all really cheap. the overly processed vegan products aren't that good for you and not essential to living a healthy and varied vegan diet. you don't need dairy replacements.  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff