Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
What books is you reading' son? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Redhead Angel

Invisible Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 pm
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Just started to read Flowers in the Attic.
...religious people are scary. gonk

I read that when I was a kid, like 4th grade. What the HELL was I doing. OMG  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 pm
A Redhead Angel
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Just started to read Flowers in the Attic.

I feel sort of bad for laughing pretty hard just now. xd  

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:40 pm
A Redhead Angel
Shiver`

Finished the book. woohoo

Oh my god! I do think I would be able to understand that book as a kid, kinda like how I was unable to pick up a lot of adult humor from shows I used to watch as a child. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:05 pm
Shiver`
A Redhead Angel
Shiver`

Finished the book. woohoo

Oh my god! I do think I would be able to understand that book as a kid, kinda like how I was unable to pick up a lot of adult humor from shows I used to watch as a child. xd

I remember it...the mice, the blood, the brother sister love....yup. ACK.  

A Redhead Angel

Invisible Player

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:51 am
Damn... too many papers to proofread. It's taking up so much of my time. I'm reading Hero Tales of the Rhine by Lewis Spence. I hope this is better than his Egyptian mythology book.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:39 am
I finished reading Stephen King's The Long Walk recently! It was an immensely interesting book, even if I think it may have semi-triggered the anxiety attack I had last Sunday (why the hell am I reading Stephen King if I know I have these things sometimes?). I've seen it compared to The Hunger Games a lot, and while I kiiiiiind of see what people are going at, I don't think it makes a very good reason to bash on the latter. They're two rather different takes upon a common theme; I liked them both.

I found that The Long Walk was a lot more emotionally affecting than The Hunger Games. Sure, I was upset by Rue's death and whatnot, but I sat upon my bed simply babbling out "no" when I came to some of the deaths and near-deaths of the characters, regardless of knowing that they'd all reach the same fate. I've been very emotional regarding books and movies lately, but God oh God that book... Just that book. It just upsets me.

rare truffle

Lunatic

Mythey Maysonia

Wealthy Heckler

14,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:34 am
I just finished reading the Hunger Games, I picked it up and read it all within two and a half days. I couldn't put it down!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:08 am
Just finished the Hunger Games.
Favourite character is Boggs. But may be a little biased. it is my surname. Love Finnick and Peeta to bits <33.

Now reading Sookie Stackhouse series. Sexy vampire time emotion_dowant  

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

Teatreat

Beloved Hoarder

12,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm
I just finished reading The Castle of Otranto, and have just started rereading Alice in Wonderland with a plan to read Through the Looking Glass next. Lately I've been on a classic book kick. Oh and if anyone enjoyed reading Flowers in the Attic, try reading My Sweet Audrina, just as crazy of a plot but less.... incestuous. I really liked it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 pm
almostmuse
I finished reading Stephen King's The Long Walk recently! It was an immensely interesting book, even if I think it may have semi-triggered the anxiety attack I had last Sunday (why the hell am I reading Stephen King if I know I have these things sometimes?). I've seen it compared to The Hunger Games a lot, and while I kiiiiiind of see what people are going at, I don't think it makes a very good reason to bash on the latter. They're two rather different takes upon a common theme; I liked them both.

I found that The Long Walk was a lot more emotionally affecting than The Hunger Games. Sure, I was upset by Rue's death and whatnot, but I sat upon my bed simply babbling out "no" when I came to some of the deaths and near-deaths of the characters, regardless of knowing that they'd all reach the same fate. I've been very emotional regarding books and movies lately, but God oh God that book... Just that book. It just upsets me.

I would say that The Running Man was more like Hunger Games than the long walk, but very similar premise for all of them.  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:46 pm
Voievoda
Favourite character is Boggs. But may be a little biased. it is my surname. Love Finnick and Peeta to bits <33.

the books sadly aren't as sexy as the series, but the Sookie in the books is a lot better than the Sookie in the show.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:20 pm
Read All Over
Voievoda

the books sadly aren't as sexy as the series, but the Sookie in the books is a lot better than the Sookie in the show.

In any case, I've only read the first two books, but it's already better than the show.  

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:41 am
Voievoda
Read All Over
Voievoda

In any case, I've only read the first two books, but it's already better than the show.

I have strong love for both XD
the show spends a lot of time with other characters, doing things that I find interesting a lot of the time, like early Jason Stackhouse escapades. The books don't really do that, but they're more grounded and believable, and Sookie doesn't come off as so air-heady because you see all her thought processes going on.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:36 am
I started chewing through the Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft put together by Cthulhu Chick which I looooooove and, by contrast, finished some crap called Will Grayson, Will Grayson which was recommended to me, which I hated. I thought would be about gays or something but it's actually more about shitty adult perceptions of what young adult readers relate to

neutral

Also, in other news, does anyone here have a goodreads?  

kimono girl snotty

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100

Mythey Maysonia

Wealthy Heckler

14,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:35 pm
Now I'm reverting back to middle school by reading Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke. She's the same author that wrote The Thief Lord and the Inkheart series.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff