Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:06 am

I'll get that when I am back in Germany, then. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:10 am
Hope you enjoy the games! ^^ The games are linked in a loose sort of way. Doesn't matter which one you play first, you'll notice it either way. ^^ At the end of one and the start of the other, to give you a vague hint on when you'll be spotting the link after playing one of the games.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:12 am

Ah, alright. From what I know I'd say ICO > Shadow of the Collossus, just because the characters in the first one are a boy and a girl and in the second one a man (and a woman, if that counts).

Probably totally wrong, so I will just play both. Some time next year. xd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:14 am
Hope you enjoy them! ^^ Haven't played ICO, but Shadow of the Colossus was awesome. I bet it'll be even better with improved graphics.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 am
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
I am not arguing against that. xd Everyone has their likes and dislikes in a game. Which is nice. ^^ I'm not the biggest fan of actually playing survival horror games (unless they have intuitive controls), but they're really fun to watch other people play.
I'm not a fan of survival horror games because there probably is going to be giant spiders somewhere in the game.

Yeah, lots of people are scared of spiders. Rightfully so, there are a few really nasty ones out there that justify disliking them.

...you know, I can't remember the last time I saw a giant spider in a video game. O.o Either they don't leave an impression on me since they're just so common or they just aren't in the survival horror games I'm watching on Youtube.

I'm not afraid of spiders. I'm afraid of being bitten by a spider as I am mildly allergic. However I do enjoy seeing them when I play computer or video games. It just detracts from the fun value when this horrible thing shows up.

A video game that might be legitimately scary would be something like Clock Tower. You don't even have a gun or any other sort of weapon thus the playable character is completely helpless against enemies with no option but to run away and find places to hide.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:42 am
Whats your favorite game series? aw ******** a tie between Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy.

What system(s) do you play?

PC, PS3. (3)DS, PSone, N64, ...all of them ok

Favorite game character overall?

Fran  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:05 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
I am not arguing against that. xd Everyone has their likes and dislikes in a game. Which is nice. ^^ I'm not the biggest fan of actually playing survival horror games (unless they have intuitive controls), but they're really fun to watch other people play.
I'm not a fan of survival horror games because there probably is going to be giant spiders somewhere in the game.

Yeah, lots of people are scared of spiders. Rightfully so, there are a few really nasty ones out there that justify disliking them.

...you know, I can't remember the last time I saw a giant spider in a video game. O.o Either they don't leave an impression on me since they're just so common or they just aren't in the survival horror games I'm watching on Youtube.

I'm not afraid of spiders. I'm afraid of being bitten by a spider as I am mildly allergic. However I do enjoy seeing them when I play computer or video games. It just detracts from the fun value when this horrible thing shows up.

A video game that might be legitimately scary would be something like Clock Tower. You don't even have a gun or any other sort of weapon thus the playable character is completely helpless against enemies with no option but to run away and find places to hide.

Ah, I wasn't sure if you simply disliked them or were actually afraid of them. I'm sensitive to bug bites. Don't know if I'd call it an allergy, they just tend to swell up really easily no matter what measure I take to help prevent it.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent does that. It's also in first person, so some people find it absolutely terrifying to even watch, let alone play. I'd probably be a little nervous playing it myself, but it'd be on the same level as any other stealth mission. I'd probably get annoyed pretty fast though. The main character has a sanity gauge that goes down whenever he's scared. He's scared of the dark. In a game that pretty much requires you to hide in the dark if you don't want to be caught by the enemies. I don't exactly blame him, but it'd still be aggravating to play. Also, all the dramatic tension goes away for me personally once you get to see what it is that you're hiding from. They look silly. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:18 pm
Look what we get for free from pokemon dreamworld in feb..
http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/pgl_pokemon_vote_result-2011-12-13/
i personally voted for Mudkip.. but I ain't going to complain, I'd never be able to get an Arceus (a legit one) any other way.  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:23 pm
Pokemon Dream World?

Sounds familiar.

I need to actually finish White though. I got to the Elite Four (or whatever they call it) and realized

hey, these guys are not complete idiots, this is ******** hard

and then I quit

But I had a Golurk that could fire a hyperbeam out of his crotch

CROTCH HYPERBEAM

my game life was complete  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:27 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Ah, I wasn't sure if you simply disliked them or were actually afraid of them. I'm sensitive to bug bites. Don't know if I'd call it an allergy, they just tend to swell up really easily no matter what measure I take to help prevent it.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent does that. It's also in first person, so some people find it absolutely terrifying to even watch, let alone play. I'd probably be a little nervous playing it myself, but it'd be on the same level as any other stealth mission. I'd probably get annoyed pretty fast though. The main character has a sanity gauge that goes down whenever he's scared. He's scared of the dark. In a game that pretty much requires you to hide in the dark if you don't want to be caught by the enemies. I don't exactly blame him, but it'd still be aggravating to play. Also, all the dramatic tension goes away for me personally once you get to see what it is that you're hiding from. They look silly. xd

Oh wow, typo. I meant to say I don't enjoy seeing them in games. I had once spider bite instance where my knee [i.e. where I was bit], swelled up to the size of a softball, every joint in my body hurt, and my other symptoms included dizziness and nausea/vomiting. Needless to say, I had to use a sick day with my job. Saying that I dislike spiders is like saying that the ocean is slightly damp.

I have not played Amnesia, but I don't play too many first person as I do get motion sick from a lot of them. I can handle RPGs usually as they rarely have the camera swinging about wildly like in FPS games.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:29 pm
Prince Ichi
Whats your favorite game series? aw ******** a tie between Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy.

I still use my mousepad that came packaged with The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:50 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Oh wow, typo. I meant to say I don't enjoy seeing them in games. I had once spider bite instance where my knee [i.e. where I was bit], swelled up to the size of a softball, every joint in my body hurt, and my other symptoms included dizziness and nausea/vomiting. Needless to say, I had to use a sick day with my job. Saying that I dislike spiders is like saying that the ocean is slightly damp.

I have not played Amnesia, but I don't play too many first person as I do get motion sick from a lot of them. I can handle RPGs usually as they rarely have the camera swinging about wildly like in FPS games.

Kinda threw me for a moment, but I got what you meant. ^^ And oh wow. That sounds terrible. D= Like I said, it's totally understandable for people to hate spiders. They can be very dangerous, and due to their small size it's relatively easy to not notice them until it's too late. That's why the giant ones don't bug me, since you'll notice them pretty much immediately. I think it'd be worse if a game had deadly spiders the same size as a black widow. Can you imagine going through a game and all of a sudden your health bar just starts plummeting by an alarming rate with no visible cause? That would annoy me to no end.

I don't remember the camera moving in wild ways in Amnesia, but the game does get blurry when the character's sanity meter plummets. The game probably wouldn't give anybody motion sickness, but I can see it giving people headaches if they are prone to them. I could be wrong though, maybe the darkness of the environment makes it hard to focus on anything anyways.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:00 pm
Sara Hysaro
I don't remember the camera moving in wild ways in Amnesia, but the game does get blurry when the character's sanity meter plummets. The game probably wouldn't give anybody motion sickness, but I can see it giving people headaches if they are prone to them. I could be wrong though, maybe the darkness of the environment makes it hard to focus on anything anyways.
It is ironic that you say that because I do get migraine headaches from seizure graphics and strode lights.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:59 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
It is ironic that you say that because I do get migraine headaches from seizure graphics and strode lights.

Oh wow, that is ironic. xD That's a shame though, migrane headaches are terrible. I dunno if Amnesia counts as seizure graphics, but if blurriness counts then I'd recommend staying away from it. That and Call of Cthulu, which has the same blur effect when you're looking at the abominations. I can even think of a webcomic that you should stay away from, one of recent flash videos had a pretty severe case of flashing lights that people in the forums were complaining about.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:10 pm
Sachie Whitby
Prince Ichi

I still use my mousepad that came packaged with The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall
awwwww s**t son

I played daggerfall with my uncle when i was a wee babbu, imps scared the ******** out of me. I recently acquisitioned it from the bethesda website.

Imps still scare the ******** out of me.

I like playing morrowind just to kill everyone and steal all their s**t, then hauling up in balmora in the one pawn-broker's house on the opposite wall from the mage's guild. (I killed her of course)  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games