Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:11 pm
User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄Jasmine Acacia▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▄▄▄Fifth Year▄▄▄▄Slytherin▄▄▄▄Prefect▄▄▄▄Keeper▄▄▄▄Single▄▄▄▄Lonesome Triplet▄▄▄▄

Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the l a n d s l i d e
In a ☆champagne supernova☆
A ☆champagne supernova☆ in the SKY
Wake up the ۞ DAWN۞ and ask her why
A dreamer dreams, she never dies
Wipe that ☂tear☂ a w a y now from your eye
Slowly walking down the hall
Faster than a cannonball
Where were you...?

When Ronyo came down from his warm-up, Jasmine stood up and walked over to the group. She knew what was coming next, simply because she had been through it before. The captain had to make his speech and find out what everyone wanted. The prefect grabbed a sheet and filled it out.

Jasmine

Name: Jasmine Acacia
Year Fifth
Desired Position Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Third Year: Slytherin Chaser

Amanda walked towards the Quidditch pitch, ready to take back her old position as Chaser. As she approached the pitch, she could make out some figures. The captain, Ronyo Storm, had been zooming around on his broom. She could also see several first years. How hopeful, they were, trying to get a spot on the team. It was possible, however. Amanda acquired her position during her first year. As she got closer, she recognized several others. Annabelle Rich, the seeker. She was obviously going to get her spot back. No way was anyone, especially a first year, going to beat her out for it. Dominic Montague, Vanessa Hopewell, and Jasmine Acacia were also standing about. Eretria also decided to try out this year, and hopefully, the third year would make the team and be great at playing her position! By the time Amanda made it to the rest of the players, Ronyo had already begun his speech. Great, I'm late," she thought as she quietly stood in the back, listening to every word he was saying from now on. When the time came, she grabbed a form and filled it out.

Form:
Name: Amanda Davis
Year Third
Desired Position: Chaser

Once the girl had finished filling it out, she handed it back to Ronyo.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:22 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image
Darius smiled as he heard the captain's speech he walked past his brother for the the form. "Looks like your out of luck things don't work the way they do at home, Don't worry they still may have room for the Cheer squad." He moved to sign the form.
User Image

Name: Darius Silver
Year: First
Desired Position:Beater or Seeker  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 pm
User Image

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
Eretria Whitethorne
Third Year - Slytherin

Eretria smiled over at Amanda. The other third year had been on the team now for two years running, and she was determined to join her friend. "I see you made it out? Planning on staying a chaser?" She had to hand it to Amanda. The other blonde had managed to keep her place on the team. That meant she definitely had some skill. Eretria just hoped she had just as much.

----------------------------------
State: Eager
OOC: ...

Let's see what I can make of this...  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis

Amanda grinned at Eretria. "Of course, I made it. Just a bit late," she said, giving the girl a small smile. "Yes, I'm keeping my spot," she continued. "What are you trying out for, again?" she asked, forgetting which position her fellow third year wanted. "Was it beater?" If the answer was no, Amanda would feel embarrassed for forgetting something so simple.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm
User ImageJoshua Brooks
|  Purebloodist  | First Year Slytherin | Athletic Nerd  |
███████████████████████████████

Mood: Excited
Company: Darius, Belle, Dominic, and Virgil
Crush: Katrina Aberdeen

Joshua saw the captain sail down from the sky and make a speech about what to do. Then a boy that was brothers with Darius who seemed very rude, perfect for the house of snakes, say Darius was a dog."He is a Half-breed isn't he.....why did I speak to such low life,"sneered Joshua as he smirked at Virgil. Then he heard Darius speak disrespectfully to Virgil,"How dare you speak to such high pedigree than yourself...maybe you should go back to the pound were you belong." As Joshua said this he shoved the boy out of his way and Virgil's way to get a form.

Name: Joshua Brooks
Year: First Year
Desired Position: Chaser and Keeper preferably, but I would be good with anything.

Joshua then handed the form back to Ronyo and stared at Darius with disgusted as he walked back to the place he was originally standing and got ready to compete.

OutfitSong

███████████████████████████████
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Virgil gritted his teeth he did not like this but he should not worried. His half brother didn't even know how to ride a broom his father forbid it. He move to sign the form and smiled as the boy pushed Darius out of the way. User Image

Name: Virgil Ross
Desired Position:Keeper or Chaser  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm
User Image

Eretria Whitethorne
Third Year - Slytherin

Eretria almost felt the urge to shove at her friend. Almost. She wasn't sure if Amanda would appreciate it or not, so she settled into a sarcastic smile and rolled her eyes a bit. "Oh yes, of course. My five foot two against every other hulking beater out on the pitch. Not to mention how much the beaters get creamed by bludgers." She of course recalled the quidditch mashup that occurred during the break, and remembered how quickly Ronyo and the other beaters got wiped by the bludgers. "Nope, going out for chaser. Got to play the position over the summer during a mixed game."

State: Eager
OOC: ...

Let's see what I can make of this...  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Somnis

Wealthy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:41 pm
User Image𝔜𝔬𝔲 tʀɩɛ∂ tσ ʟσϲк мɛ 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫.
xxxxI ╒συη∂ tɦɛ kɛʏ. 𝔏𝔦𝔟𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔪𝔢.
Just untie 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔰// that break & 𝔟𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔪𝔢.

►► Silver eyes were fixated on the captain of the Slytherin team as he warmed up. He was fully immersed in what he was doing, an did not acknowledge any of the others until he'd completed his task. A delicate eyebrow raised slightly as the captain touched down and began his speech, an his words greatly surprised Nora. So he was a Mudblood lover. That alone was an interesting bit of information, one that she planned on keeping an eye on. He went on to voice his contempt for the Gryffindor team, his voice reverberating around the mostly-silent pitch as he collected the forms and began distributing them to each applicant. Nora took the opportunity to quickly scrawl her name, year, and desired position before glancing around, sizing up the others. Many older students had gathered, and snippets of conversation told her that all of the players from previous years had returned to reclaim their position on the team. Sensing that they were about to begin, she pulled on a pair of fingerless leather gloves and stepped forward to hand in her form. She wouldn't be intimidated by anyone, especially the returning players. If they were truly skilled, they would have no trouble keeping their positions.User Image
Nora

Name: Nora Jean Remington

𝔑σʀą 𝔍ɛąη ℜɛмɩηɢʈση
ʀɛα∂ мʏ ℓɩƿs:
Sℓʏтнɛrιn Ғιrsт ʏɛαr ƿʋrɛʙℓσσ∂

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis

Amanda smirked, feeling embarrassed for even thinking Eretria would tryout for the beater position. "Some beaters could be small," she said, but she knew it was very improbable. "A chaser, huh?" she asked, a smile spreading onto her face. "If you make the team, looks like we'll be ganging up on the other team." A sly smile took over her facial features as the witty Slytherin was already conjuring up some ideas.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:26 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

┏---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┓

Penny made her way on to the pitch. She had decided not to try out last year but after taking flying and practicing over the summer she felt better about her talents and hoped she'd do well. Making it over to the others she smiled to those she'd known from last year and those she'd just met. Smiling she greeted them. "Hey guys, looks like a good turn out." She commented looking around. Listening to the Captain she got a form and filled it out. She was better at going fast and so far her favorite thing was seeker but she also main a fair chaser.

Form:

Name: Penny DeWitt
Year: 2nd
Desired Position: Chaser or Seeker

┗---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┛

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year/ Team captain, beater
Quidditch pitch

It was an impressive turn out to be sure, with several first years coming around to look to begin a Quidditch career for the school. Ronyo was glad to see the back bone of his normal team show up and understand the words Ronyo spoke were for the new comers not them. They had all shown to be able to work as a unified team and put their ideas and difference aside. Jasmine, Vanessa, Belle, and Dominic had all shown there stalwart dedication to the team. Now Ronyo needed to find chasers that would be able to stay with Vanessa and provide her with more support than she had been getting last year. They had enough to almost field two teams, which meant they could have reserve players for emergencies and for practice matches.

At the sound of two boys giving another a hard time Ronyo narrowed his eyes as he moved to the three. He heard the words clear enough, half-breed and pedigree. Words that only hurt the house of silver and green not make it stronger. Ronyo moved to stand by the boy who appeared to be receiving the snide comments and turned his green eyes to Virgil and Joshua.

"I suggest you get over your petty notions of pedigrees and blood types. On this field you earn your respect and your blood means squat on the pitch and in the air. I would also recommend not worrying so much about the idea of a half-breed because it just so happens ones talking to you right now," Ronyo gave a sly smile as he turned to move back to his normal spot but gave Darius a pat on the shoulder, "Now then with such a great turn out let's get this underway. For all you first years who are not allowed brooms I have some in the barrel there for you to use. I would not have placed them out for anyone to use if I did not think them reliable. So let's see now then..." Ronyo looked over the forms and smiled seeing they could actually do a skirmish trial for once, "Alright then let's see how the new contenders fair, Jasmine take your spot at this set of rings, Joshua take position at the other set you'll have a run first at the spot and then trade out with Virgil. Belle you know your thing, take Darius and Penny here and let them see what they can do against you in the air. Nora, Eretria, and Virgil take position as the Chaser's for Joshua side. Vanessa and Amanda, show them how this team plays Quidditch. Dominic and I will fire a few random bludgers at both sides to get the new players used to the idea, and to knock off some of that summer rust for the returning players."

With that Ronyo moved to the box and gave it a kick to snap it open. Another kick had the snitch free and taking off for the sky, not giving the seekers any time to get ready. Ronyo tossed the quaffle to Vanessa and gave her the nod to get things started. Once the group was up and ready to go Ronyo took a deep breath and gave the box one final kick to release the bludgers. Ronyo took up a spot on one end of the pitch and signaled for Dominic to follow suit. This would be a great trial game for everyone this year.

((OOC: If I missed anyone let me know so I can edit and give you a position task for the try-outs. New comers can still sign up and I will assign positions as you get here for this practice game. This being a try-out/ skirmish game there will likely be offset numbers on each side.))

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Somnis

Wealthy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 am
User Image𝔜𝔬𝔲 tʀɩɛ∂ tσ ʟσϲк мɛ 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫.
xxxxI ╒συη∂ tɦɛ kɛʏ. 𝔏𝔦𝔟𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔪𝔢.
Just untie 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔰// that break & 𝔟𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔪𝔢.

►► She was perfectly still for several seconds, her likeness seemingly carved from living marble as her brain worked like lightning to make notes and keep tabs on every minute detail. Two girls spoke lightheartedly about what positions they were to try out for, one of them giving a clear display of sarcasm. Either they didn't know or didn't care that they could be so easily overheard Nora assumed it was the latter. In the moments that followed the captain's speech, several stragglers appeared, though most of them seemed older than Nora. General socializing and conversation bored the blonde. It wasn't interesting. It wasn't useful. It was a waste of time. Since her arrival at the pitch, she had still not spoken a single word. There was no need to socialize with people if they were going to speak about such meaningless, trivial things, and Nora had no time for nonsense. And that decision was made right about the time that words met her ears, drifting through the mindless murmured chatter of the applicants.
Two boys had taken particularly aggressive stances, addressing one-another as brothers and firing insults back and forth. The display would typically elicited a rolling of the eyes from the girl whose hair was the color of champagne, but banter was quickly developing into an argument as the topic of blood purity was brought up. So the boy was a half-blood. Her silver eyes narrowed with contempt as she stared at him without shame, sizing him up before dismissing him as just another first year. He didn't seem particularly talented or threatening, and the fact that he let his peers taunt him was downright laughable.
Her lips parted slightly, just enough to allow words to flow forth, when the team captain approached and silenced the argument with a few well-chosen words. Ever an advocate for the purification of Wizarding world blood, Nora was always careful to respect those that were less than pure, especially in this case, while her future as a Quidditch player, or lack thereof, lay in his hands. She begrudgingly admitted her respect for the older boy, though she never would say that aloud, and gave him her full attention when he addressed the group that had assembled.
With the number of people present, they easily had enough attendees to field two teams, which was exactly what they would be doing. Ronyo directed two applicants to tend the goal posts as Keepers for their respective teams, promptly dividing the small crowd into their positions before kicking the chest. The smallest ball was the size of a walnut and made of bright, pure gold as it burst forth and vanished. The Golden Snitch, with its delicate wings and tiny size, was the most valuable and elusive of the Quidditch balls. A ball slightly smaller than a soccer ball, colored a deep scarlet, was tossed to one of the appointed Chasers, and Nora did was she could to quickly familiarize herself with the object. Two Bludgers, black and dangerous, struggled against their restraints until Ronyo, with a final kick, freed them to hurtle through the sky and knock players off their brooms. With that, the scrimmage was to begin.User Image

𝔑σʀą 𝔍ɛąη ℜɛмɩηɢʈση
ℓɩvɛs:
♡ ♡ ♡
ʀɛα∂ мʏ ℓɩƿs:

Sℓʏтнɛrιn Ғιrsт ʏɛαr ƿʋrɛʙℓσσ∂

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 am
User Image
~_~ Vanessa Hopewell ~_~ Sixth Year ~_~ Slytherin ~_~chaser

There seemed to be tension between some of the first years. This worried Vanessa but at the same time it also made herself a bit satisfied. She was worried about how the team would go in two years after the captain, and she, left. What satisfied her was that she has grown out of her pureblood sepremist attitude, not long after she had started at hogwarts. the blonde sighed a bit at them and shook her head as she reached for and started to fill out the forms.

form
Name: Vanessa Hopewell
Year: 6

It would seem weird not having her usual match against Annabelle for the position of seeker. but with the turnout for this year was far greater then that of previous years. The Sixth year never had managed to beat the younger slytherin but it still was fun. The young woman put the form on the pile shortly before ronyo started to sort the teams. A scrimmage between the Veteran players and the new people trying out. Without much effort the soft spoken Slytherin caught the quaffle when Ronyo tossed it to her.

Almost immediatly, the girl was on the broom and in the air. She thought this would be interesting. especially since Amanda proved to be in her own way a useful chaser last year, she had been good at both getting the quaffle and acting as a distraction for some of the teams that had proven more difficult. She smiled softly as she glanced around towards the members that made up their team. A bit of confidence ran through the 16 year old's frame they were all familiar she knew they would show the new people the legacy that they had made for slytherin, even if they weren't doing quite well in winning the quidditch cup. The blonde floated and adjusted her grip on the ball in her hand while she waiting for everyone to take their spots.

--/5 posts
--❤-- --- --❤-- --- --❤--((ooc: earlier I was saying I wanted to get back to my 300 word posts and I did for this one. though it's not exactly good.))

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image
Darius wanted to punched the boy who pushed him. But before he could Ronyo stepped between them and told the two purists off. 'great now not only am I a half-blood I need defending' He wanted to tell Ronyo to stay out of his fight and that he could of handled the two but it was for the best that the older boy got there before Darius threw a punch. If he had started a fight he would most likely never get a shot to play for the team. Before he could say anything Ronyo was already getting things underway. He had noted a girl staring at him before hearing that he was being pared up with Belle and Penny. He looked around to see who they could be.
User Image

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games