Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
TF Headquarters Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:42 pm
*high fives*

I think Ambria should be in charge of "why I love/hate v-day" because it was her idea *officially nominates* We should work out what each of us is going to do specifically.

I can start setting up the avi contest, if that's alright, elsewhere and speed post it in the event forum at the last minute. wink Top secrecy, just an advantage of being me. Btw did anyone ever send PMs to Heads about it? If not I'll do it.

If anyone needs help with anything, just let me know what it is.

Edit: top of the page, sweet!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:12 pm
Signing out of the guild, though I'll still be online a while if anyone needs to PM me about something.  

Insatiable Design

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:12 pm
The Queen Lana
@ a Mod. Icee, Avatar.

Can we start setting up the event, as in just the basic posts in the event forum?

Before you guys set up, can one of you give a quick summary of what's going on?

Time hasn't been plentiful and I haven't been able to read this thread in ages.

Then you guys are free to set up!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:53 pm
Signing in.

I'll try, Icee. We're going to have 3 threads: the ball, an avi contest, and love/hate v-day contest.

The ball synopsis goes like this:

Quote:
Firstly, we find out who will be attending the Ball. So they'll have to pretend to buy tickets.

Lets say, Icee and Adonis are attending and so are Techpriest and Oshenkur, so we pair up Techpriest and Icee, and Oshenkur and Adonis. But we don't tell them, we give everyone clues to who they're paired up with.

The students involved will give us a brief of their RP character, and/or will answer a quiz, so that we can put clues about their partner up.

Then when they've guessed their partner, they get together and have to get through a course to get to the ball. Where Adonis will spike the punch with a love potion at a specific date.

All partners need to work to find their partner.

Quiz:

What house are you in?
What year level?
Are you a girl or boy?
What's your favourite colour?
Tell as one thing about your avi?
Do you live in or are most active in- the games section/discussion section/rp section/other- of HPGOG.
Are you a graduate, a teacher, a HOH, a mod, an Elf, a Prefect, a DHOH, a student.
What year level are you, if you are a student?
Are you female or male?
How long have you been on gaia?
Do you update your journal often?

Some partners will get hit by the potion whilst others don't, the ones who don't get hit have to detect who spiked the punch.

We will ask Adonis to be the punch spiker. The reason because the ball is causing distractions for the students, which annoys the staff of Hogwarts, also he thought it would be fun.

If there is an extra partner we have two host characters to be thier partners, one of these two;

User Image

or

User Image

The avi contest goes like this:
Quote:
An avi contest with a twist. Instead of individual entries, only one entry per house! Participants could work out the details of their house entry in their common rooms & the Giggling Pear and have their HoH, DHoH or Prefect submit it. Judging could be similar, each house gets one vote for winner & can't vote for themselves. The prize would be house points & a nice little trophy (so elves aren't left out on the win.) They can also choose whether it is for or against v-day.

The hate/love v-day contest goes like this:
Quote:
Not everyone likes v-day. So we could have a contest on who could come up with the best reason to hate/love it. The best would win a small prize. (when I say small I mean about 5,000 or an item of that caliber)

It'll start around the 12 and run about 2 weeks, ending close to the end of the month.  

Insatiable Design

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:11 pm
Signing out.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:29 am
^ thanks!

sounds good. let me/us know what to sticky and whatnot.

IceeWitch

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Signing in. (Does anyone else type singing every time?)

No prob Icee.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:35 pm
Signing in.
sorry ive been MIA, had lots to do, ok I accept the nomination and will set that one up.
Yes I agree we must keep it veryy quiet no need for snoopers.
as for the prize, I can get something under 5000, for both of the contests if needed. both can be valentinsey, or oppistite of valentinsey depending on if they were for or against. ideas?
The 5000 is not combined its one for each.

tealflower1928

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:48 pm
I can chip in.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:57 pm
Ok that would be great, any ideas on what we could give as prizes?  

tealflower1928

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:08 pm
No clue. V-day event items might work.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:40 pm
Yes that could work. That would be good.  

tealflower1928

tealflower1928

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:15 pm
out  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:01 pm
Signing out.  

Insatiable Design

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:14 pm
---what happened to Sonas??

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]