Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

New Members {New to the guild? Introduce yourself here} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:29 am
OMG, I love your name. eek I've only met one other person in real life whose name was Isaiah. I think, if I ever have a son, I will name him Isaiah, just cuz it's such a cool name, and it's biblical.

New Christians are fun to have in the guild; I love teaching and helping them learn new things about our Savior and watching as their eyes are opened to such a deep relationship with Jesus. I hope we can help you grow that much. 3nodding Welcome to the guild. heart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:36 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
OMG, I love your name. eek I've only met one other person in real life whose name was Isaiah. I think, if I ever have a son, I will name him Isaiah, just cuz it's such a cool name, and it's biblical.

New Christians are fun to have in the guild; I love teaching and helping them learn new things about our Savior and watching as their eyes are opened to such a deep relationship with Jesus. I hope we can help you grow that much. 3nodding Welcome to the guild. heart
Thanks. smile  

Imotoku

A Different Light

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:02 am
Hello. I'm Dr. Kool and I'm 13. You will know me by no other name. I'm agnostic and don't go to any church. I used to go to a Uniterian Fellowship in Northern Yew York, but I'm not active there anymore. I'm still wondering why I was accepted to this guild. You will learn to hate me... probably. I don't believe the bible, I never have. I'm not particualrly knowledgable about the bible, even so, I've read some of Genesis (I'm not sure I spelled that right) and some other bits. Maybe I'll become more familiar with scripture. I also hope to bring a whole new dimention to your disscussions.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:50 am
Welcome to the guild, Dr. Kool. I'll answer your first question first: you were accepted into this guild because contrary to popular belief, Christians are not closed-minded bigots who want nothing to do with other people's opinions. I let you into this guild because other people's points of views are very much appreciated in here, and it's always nice to see what it is as Christians we're doing wrong (I'm sensing some bitterness in your "you'll learn to hate me statement" and it wouldn't surprise me if that bitterness was caused because of some bad experience with Christianity; if we can change your perception of Christianity as a whole (not necessarily making you convert) then it'll personally make me feel better). Now, addressing your "you'll learn to hate me" statement- I really don't know why we'll end up hating you. We might get very angry with you if you decide you want to beat a dead horse (as some have done in the guild before), or purposely insult or offend anyone in the guild, but why would you hate us for bringing fresh ideas to our discussions??

Now I have a question for you: How can you say you don't believe in something you never even looked into. That's like saying you don't believe kittens are nice, but how could you possibly hold that view if you've never even studied them? (And that was totally a metaphor for the Bible there, in case I was being too vague. sweatdrop )

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

A Different Light

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:08 pm
Like I said, I'm not totally in the dark as far as the Bible goes. I've read peices. And, frankly, it seems really bogus. There are a bunch of flaws in the Bible. I'm not gonna go into them, just because you've probably heard them a billion times. Now, I don't deny the existance of "God", only the biblical God. I certainly doubt that he/she exists, but I think it's possible. Now, you're going to have to correct me if wrong because I don't know any of this, I just think this what the bible says. If I'm not mistaken, in the old testimate, God is quite mean. People who worship are referred to as "God-fearing" and kills a bunch of people and threatens to kill a bunch more. However in teh New Testimate, he is quite nice. He suddenly loves us and sends his son down to help us. That's just a little tidbit I thought I'd note. I could go on, but I'll spare you.

Oh, I didn't have a bad experiance with a Christian, I just find the story pretty far-fetched.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:42 pm
You should probably bring that to the debate forum, not here.  

Imotoku

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:09 pm
That's a good idea. You can bring your understandings of what Christianity is either to the FAQ or to the discussion subforum, and we can talk about it there, okay? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:23 am
Alright. Sounds good. Could you make a thread or direct me to one. I'm still getting used to the guild.  

A Different Light

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:44 am
You can make a topic in the FAQ subforum, or in the Discussion subforum, whichever you'd prefer.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:18 pm
I'm Ran, and I grew up... totally not Christian xd actually spent 14 years in another religion educational institution (kindergarten-highschool), but found that religion lacking in many aspects.

my family members are still devout followers of the previously mentioned religion, and still trying to convert me back~ sweatdrop

nice meeting you smile  

Tzsche

Pastor Danielle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:50 am
Tzsche
I'm Ran, and I grew up... totally not Christian xd actually spent 14 years in another religion educational institution (kindergarten-highschool), but found that religion lacking in many aspects.

my family members are still devout followers of the previously mentioned religion, and still trying to convert me back~ sweatdrop

nice meeting you smile

Ran Its an honor to have you here!!! Its awesome to have a new christian here from another religous background!!! Stand strong and know if you need and help prayer wise or just with encouragement to stay on the right track we are ALL here for you and Love you! Welcome to the Family and God Bless! <3  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:50 pm
hi im proud to be here and you can all adress me as my name G.sus

Amen!!!  

G.Sus

Pastor Danielle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:29 am
G.Sus
hi im proud to be here and you can all adress me as my name G.sus

Amen!!!

Hey G.sus! God Bless you! and welcome to the Family! *hugs you* biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:11 pm
Welcome to all new Christians ^^ , iam a new Christian as well and i will love to help anyone , this place is great to ask questions and learn more about Jesus and Christianity , i've leaned alot of things from the great people here our bro/sis in Christ and iam still learning as well. heart  

XxArikaxX

Myres

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:09 pm
My name is Myles, I am 15... and canadian...  

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games