Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
Contest Suggestion Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What art contests would you like to see in 2011?
  Please post your suggestions!
View Results

Fleurty
Vice Captain

Invisible Giver

9,600 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:30 pm
Please post your suggestion for what the 2nd November contest should be!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:31 pm
Quvi
New "Contest" Idea - Daily Drawing Contest

For one month, each participant must draw and post the result every single day by 12am (whatever timezone is most common). The winner will be determined by the amount of their improvement over the course of this "contest". (Probably will allow a few days of leniency, but missing too many days will result in a disqualification. Three strikes = out?)

The underlying meaning behind this contest is obvious; to improve yourself. Too often, we envy others without ever trying to ACHIEVE that level we so desire. This will hopefully help all the participants to grow in their own way.

I think plenty of people outside the guild will be interested in something like this as well, so if we advertise right, we could have a lot of participants (and new members?) smile

I would sponsor this if you ran it. smile  

Fleurty
Vice Captain

Invisible Giver

9,600 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200

Ayame Sunshine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:48 pm
An OC one?
idk, draw your OCs or something fall/ thanksgiving themed?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 pm
Remember Thanksgiving? The time of peace and joy. A great feast between the pilgrims and the Native Americans? How this holiday expresses thankfulness, gratitude, and appreciation, a time to give thanks for a bountiful harvest? To honor this, why won't we create artwork at that time, with original characters dressing up as an Indian or a pilgrim? And let upon to also include the meaning of thanksgiving?

Let the next November Contest to draw the true meaning of Thanksgiving~

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Fleurty
Vice Captain

Invisible Giver

9,600 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:42 pm
Yes, I remember Thanksgiving. And it's one of my favorite holidays too! smile

But not everyone celebrates it. What about our members that are not American? Wouldn't that be a bit unfair to them?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ah, Thanksgiving. Inviting your neighbors over to feast, then slaughtering them and taking their land.

User Image

Milicent Howsham

Ayame Sunshine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:07 pm
hm, maybe then just a Thanksgiving/fall/ good deeds...... kind of thing? er... or.... it is hunting season also, or maybe just something about what people do for vacation during november time? (though the canadians did already have their thanskgiving )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:08 pm
Also, many christians do not celebrate halloween...... hm
maybe.... have people choose 2 colors and make a picture using only two colors plus black and white

Ayame Sunshine

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:46 am
I like the 2 colors idea!

And yes, I suppose you're right. Hmm... maybe. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 am
How about a "Design a _______" contest? Like, design a dress or something? rofl

And the two colors idea sounds cool. biggrin  

ahrain cynath

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ayame Sunshine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:14 pm
thnx, I forget what its called but I had to do that for a painting in art class once
two colors plus black and white

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:43 pm
Simply Indigo
Quvi

For one month, each participant must draw and post the result every single day by 12am (whatever timezone is most common). The winner will be determined by the amount of their improvement over the course of this "contest". (Probably will allow a few days of leniency, but missing too many days will result in a disqualification. Three strikes = out?)

The underlying meaning behind this contest is obvious; to improve yourself. Too often, we envy others without ever trying to ACHIEVE that level we so desire. This will hopefully help all the participants to grow in their own way.

I think plenty of people outside the guild will be interested in something like this as well, so if we advertise right, we could have a lot of participants (and new members?) smile

I would probably change the daily thing into a weekly thing, haha. I tried the daily one and I tell you, it was very difficult to get a picture online everyday... so busy right now... :/ So the contest might run longer than a month.  

Quvi

Hardrock_Cafe

Aged Smoker

8,400 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:33 am
Simply Indigo
Yes, I remember Thanksgiving. And it's one of my favorite holidays too! smile

But not everyone celebrates it. What about our members that are not American? Wouldn't that be a bit unfair to them?

I found Thanksgiving with oc's dressing up like indians or cowboys pretty fair. they dont need to symbolize the traditional or something like that...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:44 am
Maybe, just maybe, we can do a theme based on a "feast". You can have a feast for any occasion, so maybe that's the best way to approach Thanksgiving, without having to create art directly based on the season itself.

...otherwise...

I can't think of a very good one atm, so I have to agree with the "two-color scheme" (plus black&white) 3nodding  

Ajoura

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:44 am
Quvi
Simply Indigo
Quvi

I would probably change the daily thing into a weekly thing, haha. I tried the daily one and I tell you, it was very difficult to get a picture online everyday... so busy right now... :/ So the contest might run longer than a month.

I know what you mean! I can barely draw anything that's not for my drawing class at the college. ^^;  
Contest

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games