Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Roleplay
Dragon Chronicles:Gods of War, and Times of Peace OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:34 pm
Longshot smirked. "You kidding? This is just rookie gear. I've not even gotten into what you need to carry once you've actually picked a career path within this company. Medic, Engineer, Demolitions, Pilot, Electronics Expert." He started to laugh. "Trust me girl, you'll be able to list well over one hundred pieces of equipment after a week of training."
"Come on you two! We ain't got all day!" A woman shouted, waving them over. It was one of the women from the briefing before, Angel.
She stood quite a bit shorted than anyone else, her brown hair cut to her shoulders. She was also wearing a pilots suit. "So, Delia is it? We never really go to talk. I'm Angel, and I'm a Neo, just like you." She smiled, leading the two towards Jack, who was standing talking to a group of soldiers, all of them with the Greek symbol for 'Alpha' on their shoulders.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:49 pm
"A hundred?" Delia said incredulously to Longshot before the woman named Angel led them over the where Jack was standing amongst some other soldiers. She couldn't help but look Angel over when she said that she was a Neo as well. Delia smiled a little bit, it was encouraging to see. Delia stopped before Jack and the other soldiers and looked to Angel.

"Yes, Delia. It's nice to meet you." She said to her.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:59 pm
"Alright Alpha Squad, get to it." Jack waved his hand, as the soldiers moved off, and he turned his attention to Delia and Longshot. "Right then you two... equipment time."
At that point, Richard walked over, a very large crate being dragged behind him. "Hey there... name's Richard, but you can call me Toku, little miss." Toku pulled the crate in front of him, flipping it open, before he started pulling things out.
"Medkits, 'nades, more 'nades... more ******** 'nades." He grumbled, the top half of his body actually inside the crate as he pulled things out left, right and center. "Dammit, who the hell packed this? There's only bloody 'nades in here. Oh. There's a P90." He pulled out the SMG, handing it to Delia. "There. Now... here's a katana... dammit, where the hell did it go." Toku growled, fishing around inside the crate again. "Found it! Ach, damn! I hit my head!" He rubbed the back of his, pulling his hand away to reveal blood coated fingers.

"Well, that's just great. I'm gonna have a headache for a week now." He groaned, handing Delia the katana before walking away. "You sort the rest of her stuff out Sergio, I'm going for a beer."

(( Now, P90s are evil to try and describe. So here's a picture. http://world.guns.ru/smg/fn_p90_1.jpg ))

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Delia took the gun form Richard and held it gingerly. She really did not feel safe holding a gun, well, actually she felt safer than all the others in the room should have felt. She discreetly made sure she was holding it so it was aimed away from anybody. She grabbed the katana from him as well when he held it to her and was glad that it was something she could accidentaly hurt someone with. The blade was concealed behind a sheath which made it heavier than it should have been, she smiled when she realized that she actaully knew what it was supposed to feel like, she knew how to use it from the training.

"So," she nodded at the pile of grenades and other things on the ground beside the crate, "you said that those things can be stored in the ACU? How do I get them in there?"  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:28 pm
Reaper smiled. "Remember the crystals? Well, the nanites in your ACU disassemble the items, store them onto the crystals, then you can call them back whenever you need them. Just touch one, and think that you want it in the ACU. Most of the functions of the ACU can be used just by thinking, as it injected nanites into your system when you put it on."
Longshot nodded. "Pretty much, but it can only store so much, and try not to store your gun, it kinda degrades quickly, don't have that problem with grenades, medkits, anything else. Just guns. And swords."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:45 pm
Delia listened to what they said about storing the items in her ACU. She just had to think them in. Delia slung the sword over her shoulder by the strap connected to the sheath so she could reach down to the things on the ground beside the crate. She grabbed one of the grenades and thought about it being stored in the ACU. It wasn't the wierdest thing she had done since her arrival.

There was a sudden disappearance of the pressure in her hand from holding the grenade, it was gone. Delia's eye's widened momentarily before she stored the rest of the things that were there in the ACU. She stood up to face Reaper and Longshot.

"Is there anything else?"  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Reaper smiled. "Armour."
Longshot whistled, and a man came over, holding a box. "Inside that..." Longshot smiled. "Is your armour crystal. Just slide it into the end of your ACU, and put it on." He waved his hand over some of the soldiers. "It's not like that armour, it's light armour. With basic Active Camo systems. In other words, it can, for a short time, make you almost invisible. But other than that, and it being black, the ACU can make it look like whatever you want. Helmet, chest piece, whatever."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:01 pm
"Almost invisible? Well, that seems useful." Delia said. She took the box from the man and opened it, there was a small crystal inside. Her eyes went blurry for a moment, there was a lot of mana being used by the small thing. She took it out and slid it into the ACU on her forearm as Longshot had said. She knew how she could activate it, but she didn't bother then to try, it would be easiest to stay without armour for the longest time possible.

"So, now is there anything else?"  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:06 pm
Longshot shook his head. "Nope, now we just get on Angel's shuttle and get going."
"Oh, there's been a small change in plan actually. Angel isn't going to do any bombing runs, instead, I put in a call to our..." Reaper glanced at Delia, and coughed. "Pirate buddies. They'll do a smash and grab at the port ,which is pretty close to where you are landing."
Longshot nodded. "Alright... you ready Delia?"

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:19 pm
So now the Shadow Corp had, pirate buddies? Delia heard the hesitation from Reaper and decided not to ask.

"They'll be sure to keep them occupied for long enough, right? Well, they could always, maybe, start some bar fights as well..." Delia snapped her mouth shut quickly. But still she had an absurd urge to laugh at the fact that they were working with pirates. "Yes," she said a moment later, "I'm ready."  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:26 pm
An awkward silence came down upon the two men, both of them glaring at Delia.
A few minutes pass, then Reaper bursts into laughter. "Hahahaha! Actually, that's not a bad idea."
Longshot grinned. "Damn right it's not. Right, come on then. ANGEL! MOVE YOUR a**!"
Angel appeared out of no-where, pulling her helmet on. "Yeah yeah yeah... just get in the shuttle Sergio." Longshot smirked, stepping into the shuttle and sitting down, pulling out a pistol, examining it.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:39 pm
Delia looked at the floor ashamedly until Reaper and Longshot both started lauhging. She really needed to learn when to shut up, one of these days, it was going to end badly. She followed them into the shuttle and sat down, the sword on her back and gun in a holster at her hip made it awkward, so she just perched on the edge of the seat.

"So, I'm just curious, but, who exactly is the target? What's he done that he deserves to be killed?"  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:45 pm
Reaper leaned in. "You can tell her." Then he was gone.
Longshot swallowed hard, as the doors slammed shut. "His name.... is Valentine." The shuttle started to vibrate, as the engines started up, and then silence. They were out in space. "He's a Priority 0 Target. In other-words, he's a Do Not Engage." Longshot glanced away. "You know about him, he killed my brother. What you didn't know is that he was the Puppeteer's number two, and is now in charge of the Remnants."
Silence.
"In other words, the whole war could ride on one single shot."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:54 pm
Delia let Longshot's words sink in. The leader of the remnants was their target, Valentine. She knew about the remnants from meeting other neo-humans who had encountered that organization. There were horror stories of waht had happened to some of the neo's there, some sent on suicide missions, most not, but they didn't come back anyway.

"And again in other words, the whole war is riding on my one shot?" She swallowed hard and wished she hadn't brought up the subject. She wasn't one to be too nervous about most things, but something like this, was not like most things.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:10 pm
"Don't worry..." Longshot shook his head. "It'll seem a lot easier when you're looking down the scope." He sighed, pulling something out from behind him.
It was a white gun, looked like some kind of assault rifle. Or would, if not for the obvious sniper scope on the top. Longshot snapped the barrel into place, and held it up, running his hands over it. "You should be happy. I don't even let Jack near this thing."

(( His sniper is also evil to describe. http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/m82a1.jpg ))

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff