Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Abortion Made Simple Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:22 am
I was responding to your comment about how there needs to be limitations on abortions after the stage of development at which the nervous system is developed sufficiently enough to feel pain/distress.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:29 am
Galad Damodred
I was responding to your comment about how there needs to be limitations on abortions after the stage of development at which the nervous system is developed sufficiently enough to feel pain/distress.

The distinction is between human and animal, though I do not know of anyone who proposes animal testing be done in direct contrast to testing on human fetuses/babies/etc.

I also do not know what you mean by "encephalitic babies." Did you perhaps use the wrong word?  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:17 am
Galad Damodred

I would expect a response to have something to do with the post to which you are responding. The only connection I can make is that you were protesting against some kind of double-standard in the care and rights of human foetuses compared with the care and rights of animals in general. This protest is sufficiently removed from the original thread topic that it should be made in a new thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:42 pm
zz1000zz
Galad Damodred

The distinction is between human and animal, though I do not know of anyone who proposes animal testing be done in direct contrast to testing on human fetuses/babies/etc.

I also do not know what you mean by "encephalitic babies." Did you perhaps use the wrong word?

I dunno, that's the word Peter Singer used to describe babies born without a cerebral cortex and only enough brain to keep them alive. But then again, he's a moral philosopher, not a doctor...  

Galad Aglaron

Priestley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 am
Galad Damodred
zz1000zz
Galad Damodred

I dunno, that's the word Peter Singer used to describe babies born without a cerebral cortex and only enough brain to keep them alive. But then again, he's a moral philosopher, not a doctor...

I think what is more important than his qualifications is his ability to use a dictionary. In this case, he didn't use one. Regardless, this is one of the reasons that it is important that you bring to the thread only that which is relevant. I am sure we can come to an agreement that you should not need to be warned of this again. wink  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff