Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:20 pm
Why do you think meditating will make it any more likely for you to be contacted?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:27 pm
Because I'm oblivious.
I've been told if anyone's interested, they'd give me a sign.
So I'm afraid I wouldn't see it..

Edit:
Plus if I could figure it out, couldn't I also contact a deity myself?  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 pm
kage no neko

I really suck at breaking down posts, sorry.
No worries.
Quote:

I'm hoping a god or a goddess might contact me. Honestly, I just feel so left out. I have no clue who to worship, so I'm hoping someone will tell me they want me to worship them.
Why not seek them out?
Quote:

I like to do things like paint and draw, but lately my creative ideas have all been out the window and I can't think of what to do. I also like to crochet, but after a while my wrist starts popping and hurting really bad. Could crocheting work to help me meditate? Or some other mindless repetitive task?
Bingo.

Quote:
And I can't think of any other reasons to meditate right now, though I know I have other reasons.
Well, let me know when you come up with them.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 pm
TeaDidikai
Why not seek them out?

I would love to if I could. 3nodding
It'd give me a starting point too in finding what god/dess is for me, wouldn't it? I mean.. would any of them be angry at me trying to contact them? (the ones that aren't in closed cultures/religions)  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
kage no neko

It'd give me a starting point too in finding what god/dess is for me, wouldn't it?
Not really. Deities are individuals. Some people petition their whole life and don't have a HOSHIT Moment.

Quote:
I mean.. would any of them be angry at me trying to contact them? (the ones that aren't in closed cultures/religions)
If they don't spell out their own boundaries, knocking on their door isn't an insult if you catch my meaning.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:51 pm
TeaDidikai
kage no neko

It'd give me a starting point too in finding what god/dess is for me, wouldn't it?
Not really. Deities are individuals. Some people petition their whole life and don't have a HOSHIT Moment.

Quote:
I mean.. would any of them be angry at me trying to contact them? (the ones that aren't in closed cultures/religions)
If they don't spell out their own boundaries, knocking on their door isn't an insult if you catch my meaning.

Ah. smile Okay then, thanks!  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:11 pm
kage no neko

Don't forget to test it. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:15 pm
Druids/Druidry does not exist anymore, am I is this correct?  

Chaos Blue

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:25 pm
Chaos Blue
Yep. In the same way there is no longer a Roman Emperor. The social role that the title described has been broken up and issued to others under different titles.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 pm
TeaDidikai
You're not being difficult. Maxims are the guiding principles and sayings of the Hellenics.

Theology is the study of religion.

These are not authoritative denotations, just as a heads up.

As for Maxims, I've never heard anything other then "honour the Gods". I will have to look more into that.

As for Theology, I suppose I enjoy learning about the Deities and their mythology. I adore knowing why this symbol is for Hera and not Zeus or why Dionysos is the God of wine and divine madness.

If I understood it correctly, I think that answers the Theology question. ninja If not, I'm always open for another example.

Quote:
Very interesting definition.
How is this different from worship in your eyes?

I hope interesting is a good thing. sweatdrop

Worship building a relationship and working with or for a Deity/ies to bring out a certian desired outcome.

Quote:
Hesh. You want to give the new folks the impression I'm reasonable or something?

If it makes you feel better, You're one of the most intimidating people on Gaia to me. sweatdrop

Quote:
Why would you be the standard?

Because the way I figure, I am a fairly reasonable person who likes to keep things as fair as possible.

If wouldn't want it done to me, How fair is it to turn around and do it to someone else without a proper reason?

Namikikyo

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:35 pm
TeaDidikai
kage no neko

Don't forget to test it. ninja

biggrin I'll let you know how it goes.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:28 am
TeaDidikai
Chaos Blue
Yep. In the same way there is no longer a Roman Emperor. The social role that the title described has been broken up and issued to others under different titles.

No more emperor in Rome? Serious? What about the Pope? Ahhhhhh! I went there!

Kidding aside, I recall a documentary I watched in 2000 produced by the National Geographic society that mentioned the the Celtic traditions surviving, to a certain extent, along a small fairly inaccessable part in southern Ireland, near the coast.

As I did do a major year long project on Celtic society and traditions for high school that year, I will try to track down the actual title of the documentary. No promises though. I don't have much left from my high school days.  

guardian_rose

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:43 pm
Namikikyo

If I understood it correctly, I think that answers the Theology question. ninja If not, I'm always open for another example.
Addressed it just fine.

Quote:
I hope interesting is a good thing. sweatdrop
If it were good or bad, I'd let you know.
Quote:

Worship building a relationship and working with or for a Deity/ies to bring out a certian desired outcome.
Why would this be to the exclusion of the other things you mentioned?

Quote:
If it makes you feel better, You're one of the most intimidating people on Gaia to me. sweatdrop
Not really, but you're not the first.

Quote:
Because the way I figure, I am a fairly reasonable person who likes to keep things as fair as possible.
Why is your concept of fair justified?

And why would the standards be set by you and not the gods?

Quote:
If wouldn't want it done to me, How fair is it to turn around and do it to someone else without a proper reason?
Now this is interesting. So, if you don't want to have it done to you, but you could see a "proper" reason for which it to be done to others?

guardian_rose
No more emperor in Rome? Serious? What about the Pope? Ahhhhhh! I went there!
Yep. No Emperor in Rome. I tend not to indulge Chick-Based delusions.

Quote:
Kidding aside, I recall a documentary I watched in 2000 produced by the National Geographic society that mentioned the the Celtic traditions surviving, to a certain extent, along a small fairly inaccessable part in southern Ireland, near the coast.

As I did do a major year long project on Celtic society and traditions for high school that year, I will try to track down the actual title of the documentary. No promises though. I don't have much left from my high school days.
Problem with your assertion. Being a Druid was never a function of tradition or craft alone. It was a social role.

The society of the Gael, which would be the group in your example, is no longer constructed in a way that allows for Druids. They have been replaced by people bearing these strange titles, things like "MD", and "Architect", and "Attorney" and the like.

The perpetuation of cultural traditions =/= the perpetuation of cultural titles and the roles thereof.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Addressed it just fine.

Thank you, That means a lot.

Quote:
Why would this be to the exclusion of the other things you mentioned?

With Witchcraft, I do my best not to involve deities when I can do it myself. Plus, I like to think it's me pulling the strings. sweatdrop It's a way of celebrating me and my doing.

With Worship, I'm trying to please deities by honouring them wether that be working with and for them, offerings, rituals, and simple dedications to them. It's all about them.

Quote:
Not really, but you're not the first.

You're extremely smart and make people question things, It's a good sort of intimidation. You've already helped me see many flaws in my system. ^ ^

Quote:
Why is your concept of fair justified?

I feel that I have a good idea of fairness that my parents, teachings, books, and personal experiance has instilled in me.

Quote:
And why would the standards be set by you and not the gods?

Because right now, I have no Gods. I love Hellenism and find myself drawn to it, But I'd like know everything about as opposed to jumping into deep waters and drowning. And even though I am learning all I can, I still like looking at every Pantheon to make sure I'm not missing anything. I know, it's silly.

Quote:
Now this is interesting. So, if you don't want to have it done to you, but you could see a "proper" reason for which it to be done to others?

I know I can explain this better..

Um, Here's an example. I'm not about to go around throwing curses and casting spells on anyone and everything that ever hurt my feelings or wrong me in little ways. That's silly and a waste of energy on people who don't deserve my time. But say, I still lived with my Father and He stilled hurt my family everyday, I'm going to do something right for once and make sure he doesn't hurt anyone else or himself.

I'm used to be wronged, I see it as a why to learn and grow. It takes a lot for me to do anything like I would to my Dad or even consider curseing someone.

Namikikyo

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:22 pm
Namikikyo
With Witchcraft, I do my best not to involve deities when I can do it myself. Plus, I like to think it's me pulling the strings. sweatdrop It's a way of celebrating me and my doing.

With Worship, I'm trying to please deities by honouring them wether that be working with and for them, offerings, rituals, and simple dedications to them. It's all about them.
A better explanation indeed.

That said, if you're talking about areas in which there are specific patrons, why would you want to be the one "pulling the strings"?

Why does your ability in this area stem from the self?

Quote:
I feel that I have a good idea of fairness that my parents, teachings, books, and personal experiance has instilled in me.
Interesting. How many experiences have you had wherein what was fair and what was right did not match up?

Quote:
Because right now, I have no Gods. I love Hellenism and find myself drawn to it, But I'd like know everything about as opposed to jumping into deep waters and drowning.
Good luck with that. wink No insult intended, but you'll likely die of old age before you know everything about it.

Quote:
And even though I am learning all I can, I still like looking at every Pantheon to make sure I'm not missing anything. I know, it's silly.
Not silly. Just unrealistic. That said, as long as you ethically explore other open traditions, knock yourself out.

Quote:
I know I can explain this better..

Um, Here's an example. I'm not about to go around throwing curses and casting spells on anyone and everything that ever hurt my feelings or wrong me in little ways. That's silly and a waste of energy on people who don't deserve my time.
Curious position. I can think of a handful of traditions that would view this as shirking responsibility, for specific values of "wrong doings". Not only that- but it can sure be cathartic. wink  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games