Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
The progress thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:26 am
Just a quickie update. I didn't get to weigh in last week because I was so busy preparing my home for Passover. This week is Passover, and so I couldn't get there this week either, though I have a faint hope. But next week I'll be back to meetings as usual.

I suspect I'm gaining a bit of weight this week, because I'm taking the week "off." That is, I'm eating what I want, because I only get these foods once a year. However, I'm eating them in much smaller amounts than I used to eat. I may be gaining this week, but I think I'm gaining less than I would've gained in previous years, so I still consider it a successful week.

To anyone who's celebrating Passover (or Ostara or Easter or anything else) this week or next, happy holidays!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:08 pm
I've only got about 7 more pounds till I reach my goal...  

Attack Asthma

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:57 am
Woo hoo, go Marshmallow! With the progress you're making, we'll have to stop calling you Mystic Marshmallow and start calling you Mystic Swizzle Stick! smile Congratulations, and good luck on your continued great progress.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:05 am
Woohoo I lost 2lbs xD

Once you get passed the 20-30lb mark (10-15 for those who aren't that terribly overweight), plateaus = an ever reoccurring menace.  

StilettoReject

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:43 am
Lost 10 pounds before joining Weight Watchers

Started Weight Watchers: 9 March 2006

First Weight Loss Goal: 22 pounds -- GOAL MET

Second Weight Loss Goal: 47 pounds -- GOAL MET... but then I gained some back.

Resumption Of Progress: This week I'm down 4.8 pounds from last week.

Total Loss: 43.8 pounds since joining Weight Watchers. 53.8 pounds in all. A new low! Also, I have now lost over 30% of my starting weight. YAY.

Current Weight Loss Goal: 3.2 more pounds till I hit my next 'decade' (110, 120, 130, and so on are 'decades' for me) of total weight.

Is it worth the cost?
Yes! When I look in the mirror, I see a new person. I still have a little bit to go, but now I can see that I'm definitely a good portion of the way there. Yes, I pay $10 per week to attend Weight Watchers meetings. This makes about $520 a year. You know what? If I hadn't lost some weight, I'd soon be starting to have doctor bills that would cost more than that. Plus, I'm saving money on new clothing, because smaller clothing costs less than larger clothing, and I don't have to buy it in specialty shops anymore. The groceries cost less because I'm buying fresh, luscious ingredients instead of processed stuff, and I'm not buying quite as much of it.

Is it worth the effort?
Absolutely! Keep in mind that weight loss is not a goal. It's the means to an end. Your goal isn't really to weigh less, is it? Of course not. Your goal is really one of three things, and please notice which one takes last place, because that's intentional:

Health
    Pride
    Appearance

Weight loss can help with all of these things, but the numbers on the scale don't mean anything unless they can contribute to one of these goals. Is your health worth the effort of making a delicious and healthful meal? Is great energy worth exercising for, so that you can build up to not getting tired when sight-seeing on a vacation? Is looking fantastic worth avoiding eating seconds or thirds on dessert, when you already had a satisfying first or second bite? And what's it worth to you to feel good about yourself? I hope that your self-esteem is already good enough that you're able to see that you do deserve those four things: to feel good physically, to have the energy to go about your day, to feel you deserve to look your best, and to feel you deserve to feel even better about yourself.

Wouldn't it be easier to take diet pills or have a weight loss surgical procedure?
Yes. Here's the thing: easier isn't always better.

It's easy to take a pill like ephedra, and in the short term, that will help you lose weight. But you can only take ephedra for six months or so, and when you go off it, your metabolism will slow WAY down. You'll probably be back up to your starting weight within a year's time, and possibly much higher.

It's easy to have surgery, if you can pay for it through insurance or your own savings. But unless you change your mind along with your body, you'll soon find that the weight loss after surgery is only temporary. According to a study I've read about, though I can't find it and cite my source at this time, those who undergo weight loss surgery (lap-band, gastric bypass, stomach stapling, and others) tend to lose a good bit of weight. However, within five years, the weight tends to come back, because the person is now eating the same unhealthy foods that made them overweight in the first place. What's more, they eat those foods in the same amounts as before. See, those surgeries make it so you can only eat a handful of food at a time, and it sounds pretty smart. But they don't say how OFTEN you can eat that handful of food. Believe me, if you eat a handful of food every half-hour throughout your day, it adds up just as easily as if you only eat three big meals per day.

So, sure, it's easy to take a pill or get a surgery. You'll lose weight fast. But you won't keep it off. And when you've lost that weight, before you start packing it on again, how will you feel about yourself? "I had no willpower, no strength, and no confidence. I can thank my doctor for my weight loss. I didn't earn it." Believe me, the best feeling I've ever had about my body and about myself was the day I hit my 50 pound weight loss and realized that I didn't have to thank my doctor. I could look in the mirror and know that I was the one who'd had the strength to do it for myself. I felt like Wonder Woman.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:12 pm
Today at weigh-in, I'm down 3.8 pounds. With all I've lost, gained, and re-lost, I'm at a net loss of a little over 43 pounds. Woohoo!  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:35 am

Second Weight Loss Goal: 47 pounds -- GOAL MET... but then I gained some back. Nearly there again!

Total Loss: 46.6 pounds since joining Weight Watchers. 53.8 pounds in all. A new low! Also, I have now lost over 30% of my starting weight. YAY.

Current Weight Loss Goal: 3.2 more pounds till I hit my next 'decade' (110, 120, 130, and so on are 'decades' for me) of total weight.

Is it worth the cost?
Yes! When I look in the mirror, I see a new person. I still have a little bit to go, but now I can see that I'm definitely a good portion of the way there. Yes, I pay $10 per week to attend Weight Watchers meetings. This makes about $520 a year. You know what? If I hadn't lost some weight, I'd soon be starting to have doctor bills that would cost more than that. Plus, I'm saving money on new clothing, because smaller clothing costs less than larger clothing, and I don't have to buy it in specialty (fat girl) shops anymore. The groceries cost less because I'm buying fresh, luscious ingredients instead of processed stuff, and I'm not buying quite as much of it.

Is it worth the effort?
Absolutely! Keep in mind that weight loss is not a goal. It's the means to an end. Your goal isn't really to weigh less, is it? Of course not. Your goal is really one of three things, and please notice which one takes last place, because that's intentional:

Health
    Self-Esteem
    Appearance

Weight loss can help with all of these things, but the numbers on the scale don't mean anything unless they can contribute to one of these goals. Is your health worth the effort of making a delicious and healthful meal? Is great energy worth exercising for, so that you can build up to not getting tired when sight-seeing on a vacation? Is looking fantastic worth avoiding eating seconds or thirds on dessert, when you already had a satisfying first or second bite? And what's it worth to you to feel good about yourself? I hope that your self-esteem is already good enough that you're able to see that you do deserve those four things: to feel good physically, to have the energy to go about your day, to feel you deserve to look your best, and to feel you deserve to feel even better about yourself.

Wouldn't it be easier to take diet pills or have a weight loss surgical procedure?

It's easy to take a pill like ephedra, and in the short term, that will help you lose weight. But you can only take ephedra for six months or so, and when you go off it, your metabolism will slow WAY down. You'll probably be back up to your starting weight within a year's time, and possibly much higher.

It's easy to have surgery, if you can pay for it through insurance or your own savings. But unless you change your mind along with your body, you'll soon find that the weight loss after surgery is only temporary. According to a study I've read about, though I can't find it and cite my source at this time, those who undergo weight loss surgery (lap-band, gastric bypass, stomach stapling, and others) tend to lose a good bit of weight. However, within five years, the weight tends to come back, because the person is now eating the same unhealthy foods that made them overweight in the first place. What's more, they eat those foods in the same amounts as before. See, those surgeries make it so you can only eat a handful of food at a time, and it sounds pretty smart. But they don't say how OFTEN you can eat that handful of food. Believe me, if you eat a handful of food every half-hour throughout your day, it adds up just as easily as if you only eat three big meals per day.

So, sure, it's easy to take a pill or get a surgery. You'll lose weight fast. But you won't keep it off. And when you've lost that weight, before you start packing it on again, how will you feel about yourself? "I had no willpower, no strength, and no confidence. I can thank my doctor for my weight loss. I didn't earn it." Believe me, the best feeling I've ever had about my body and about myself was the day I hit my 50 pound weight loss (that first time) and realized that I didn't have to thank my doctor. I could look in the mirror and know that I was the one who'd had the strength to do it for myself. I felt like Wonder Woman.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:06 am
Lost three pounds. I can tell my legs are getting lighter and stronger by when I try to do a back bend. Sweetness.  

oba bear

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:03 am
Good job, oba bear!

I'm up 0.8 pounds this week, but I did figure out why. I miscalculated my points, and have been eating about two points more per day than I should be. This week I expect to do much better.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:55 am
I'm down 2.2 pounds this week, making my grand total exactly 48 pounds with Weight Watchers, 58 pounds in all. (It took me a year to lose that first 10 pounds, before starting Weight Watchers.)  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Deadlock Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:20 am
vanthie
Week: I have no idea to be honest, I started back in May.

Start weight: 13st 11 (193lbs)

Current Weight:
12st 6lbs (174lbs)

Weight lost: 1st 3lbs (19lbs)

Hi again everyone hope you are all doing ok! I haven't been in here since november surprised damn!

Start weight: 13st 11 (193lbs)

Current Weight:
11st 13lbs (169lbs)

Weight lost: 1st 10lbs (24lbs)

I'm losing very very slowly, I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week off and on since may this year. I definately have more muscle now lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 am
=D I lost 7 pounds.  

Chenalie

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:38 pm
I'm down 1.2 pounds this week. I've got about 3 more pounds until I'm back down to the weight I reached six or seven months ago, before going on a three-month binge and messing up my progress.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:54 pm

Second Weight Loss Goal: 47 pounds -- GOAL MET

Total Loss: 50.6 pounds since joining Weight Watchers. 60.6 pounds in all. A new low!

Current Weight Loss Goal: 1.4 more pounds till I hit my next 'decade' (110, 120, 130, and so on are 'decades' for me) of total weight.

Is it worth the cost?
Yes! When I look in the mirror, I see a new person. I still have a little bit to go, but now I can see that I'm definitely a good portion of the way there. Yes, I pay $10 per week to attend Weight Watchers meetings. This makes about $520 a year. You know what? If I hadn't lost some weight, I'd soon be starting to have doctor bills that would cost more than that. Plus, I'm saving money on new clothing, because smaller clothing costs less than larger clothing, and I don't have to buy it in specialty (fat girl) shops anymore. The groceries cost less because I'm buying fresh, luscious ingredients instead of processed stuff, and I'm not buying quite as much of it.

Is it worth the effort?

Health
    Self-Esteem
    Appearance

So, sure, it's easy to take a pill or get a surgery. You'll lose weight fast. But you won't keep it off. And when you've lost that weight, before you start packing it on again, how will you feel about yourself? "I had no willpower, no strength, and no confidence. I can thank my doctor for my weight loss. I didn't earn it." Believe me, the best feeling I've ever had about my body and about myself was the day I hit my 50 pound weight loss (that first time) and realized that I didn't have to thank my doctor. I could look in the mirror and know that I was the one who'd had the strength to do it for myself. I felt like Wonder Woman.  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:29 am
Quick update: I'm up 0.2 pounds this week, but I'm fine with that. Last week I wore a light skirt and tiny sandals, and this week I had on my heavy jean skirt and my heavy loafers because we had a cold and rainy day, so I'm actually probably a little bit down this week. Anyway, wish me luck -- I'm about to go on a week-long cruise, and I hear nobody loses weight on those.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games