Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:26 pm
im totally cool with straight pairings

alot of times they are really boring though. jus like the author of this post, i really hate the whole bitchy girl-shy guy scenario. but my favorite straight pairings are the ones where the girls are more "eager" than the guys and the relationship gets kinda abusive. lol u dont see that alot but its like really funny. (also . . . i can kinda relate redface )  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:15 pm
I'm not exclusively into yaoi pairings. That seems a bit silly for me personally. Love straight pairings when they are done right. I don't like the "ditzy girl - stereotypical guy" kind of pairings. But besides that I love em.

Also... I love the straight pairings... that slowly turn into yaoi. Or atleast straddle the line between the two. Hopefully someone else knows what I mean. lol  

Death Lust Decay

1,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Keamykaykay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:34 pm
To be honest, a big part of the reason of why I was so attracted to yaoi in the first place is because I generally don't like how most females (particularly the main females) are portrayed in anime/manga. I mean, I have exceptions of course, but most of them seem to be the weak 'save-me' type or the 'kyah-kyah' type or something along those lines and it has always irked me. Or then there is the type of anime where this guy gets his assed kicked by a girl about ten times every episode for things that aren't his fault (usually harems). Anyway, practically all of my favourite characters are males. Usually depending on the series, I'm completely neutral towards straight relationships in anime/manga or it annoys me. There have been a couple of exceptions but this is generally how I feel.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:20 pm
let's just say that i watch yaoi because guys get to it! and they do it well, too!
being straight, i can't consider straight couples annoying XD but i get what you mean, sometimes i feel like that too XD  

SingingNight

Strawberry Flavored Riri

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:00 pm
Eh, it really depends. If the girl is some sort of whore who's overly possessive over her boyfriend, the girl tries too hard to act cute and innocent, or the guy gets jealous of every guy that just happens to hang out wih his girl friend, then i hate straight pairings .-.

I hate girls who try to act cute- its disgusting  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 pm
I don't care much for straight pairings anymore. It bores me now. Only a few selected anime that i saw before my Yaoi obsession I can tolerate. The straight parings like in CCS or Inuyasha.  

AnimeWolfGurl115

The Invisable Spaz

Anxious Lover

11,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:32 pm
I don't really mind it really. Unless i see that they need to be with another man. Some streight pairings are cute(some) but not that many i think.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:35 pm
to me straight is just as fine s guy/guy or girl/girl  

thehealingcow

Shy Kitten

7,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200

this wretched thing

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:30 pm
I may be getting a little too obsessed with shonen-ai/yaoi in this case, but there are some female characters that I just can't possibly see with anyone else besides a certain male character. And only that male character, even if they were..."destined", for lack of better word, to be in a shonen-ai. There are females that need a strong male lead who could've done well as semes in a pair, but the female is who calls to them first, I feel. I don't try to make every character gay - if they naturally like girls, then I try to see if any would match first - to my liking. >.>
For example: Marie and Miranda from D.Gray-man are very close to my heart.
Zuko and Katara of Avatar: The Last Airbender are second.

But...other than that? There's a limited list.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:56 pm
Posted here before but i felt like i needed to add something. XD'

Anymore i only favor a few Hetero pairings but it's hard to explain the ones like.

I adore Ahiru/Fakir from Princess Tutu. The way it's set up works very well and i like that in a story.

I STRONGLY dislike the pairings in Shugo Chara! and Vampire Knight because it's far too centered on the female making them Mary sure. Seriously, the main females maybe hardcore but it's so...BLAH! I just hate them. D<

The best het pairing to me is an OC pairing of mine.
Ace/Zira.

In my story Ace literally DESPISES her at first and Zira is completely clueless, she doesn't care at all for him.
Over time Ace grows to enjoy her company since they're both on the run for the lives they're forced to stay together because Zira is too calm to defend herself despite her powers.
The more they hang out the more Zira and Ace realize they care about each other but it's displayed as only lust and dangerous games. They'd still kill each other given the chance but in general they do end up loving each other. It's just not a soft and fluffy type of love. Nothing gentle, not even a kiss. It's sadistic and lust fillled.

THAT is what i like in a het pairing.  

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

Ellen Watermellen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:29 pm
I wouldn't say I'm a fan of hetero pairings in general. They tend to be really boring, stupid, and unoriginal.

Every girl at my school is constantly squealing over how cute their favorite straight pairing is. 'He's so hot! She's so pretty! They look so cute together!'

BORING.

Actually, I'm trying to get into it. I want to know how it feels! I don't think it will happen quickly or easily. Those girls probably grew up liking straight pairings. Having parents who are not homophobic, I grew up with girl/girl and boy/boy pairings.

Of course there are exceptions. Starr and James from OLTL are kinda cute. kinda. I mean Starr is really cute and James is also really cute but together there only a little bit cute.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:57 am
two years later... i'm just not into BL that much anymore. I still have a few pairings that i like, and once in a while i'll come across one i really cherish. but most of the time i prefer straight pairings.  

MooMooJuice

Jiggery Pokery

Supernatural Manifestation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:20 pm
I read/watch fiction to be entertained. Heterosexual pairings just are not often entertaining to me. I'm a lesbian and I don't really understand heterosexuals that much, so those relationships more often than not seem forced and fake to me. I also like to play around with characters and try out different pairings, so canon couples just get in my way and annoy me, be they canon heterosexuals or canon homosexuals.

Fiction, after all, is fiction. These aren't real people we are dealing with, with real emotions and real feelings. I tend to see canon couples as suggestions, not absolutes, shoved in just to please those who don't have enough imagination to create their own pairings. So really, anything goes in fiction since there is no way to prove what would really happen.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:35 am
I like some straight pairing but usually its only if the girl is written well. A lot of times I feel like the girls are written minus several brain cells. I like to see girls written as capable as the male characters.

But after going to Japan, I discovered that there is a larger variety of manga out there for straight and BL pairings. Much of it we won't ever get unless it's scantalated.  

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Yaoi Kitten Kisa

5,275 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:00 pm
I dont like het pairings usually they get in the way of what I like or are just really boring. For example people pair Prussia with Hungary in Hetalia but then go on about how Germancest is unrealistic and stupid!  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff