Reply ♥ Non-Music Talk
~*~Bios Thread~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eclat_de_rire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:54 pm
Hey ^^ I'm Kelsey, I'm 17, and a high school senior. I play the flute in all sorts of ensembles and solo, but I have a special love for orchestral music. I'm currently in an audition process for many schools, including Juilliard, MSM, Oberlin, CCM, Colburn and USC. I'm definately going to be a music performance major in college, and I can't wait biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:53 pm
Hi! My name is Cody and I am a Junior and a in high school! I am Tenor 1 mostly in the Choir, but I can sing Tenor 2 if you want me to! LOL! But yeah, right now, I am aiming for an Audition held in LA next year to be a Trainee for an Asian Music Industry... 3nodding  

Anime_Fanboy

Darikiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:21 pm
My name is Kiel, I live in Missouri, I am 19 years old, married to the most amazing woman in the world who is just as musical as I, maybe even more, and I am currently working on my BME in Voice and Instruments at the University of Central Missouri, but I hope to teach as a voice teacher. I play whatever song is shown to me, most of the time the music shown to me is good. Some pieces include "Sleep" and "Cloudburst" by Eric Whitacre also "The Boy Who Picked up his wings to fly" by Joshua Shank and "Agnus Dei" by Frank Martin. But there are so many other great songs out there. As you can see I sing, Baritone-Bass, and I also play Sax (Bari is my main). I am currently learning in my Brass Class Trombone, Euphonium, and Tuba. I have learned Clarinet (played in the Clarinet Choir too), Oboe, Bassoon, Flute, Trumpet, and "French" Horn. My wife has taught me some things on guitar, but my left hand is to retarded to really do anything. My piano skills are very very limited, I am in a Piano Class, but I am not good at all. I am not in any bands, but I have supported many bands that have been started around me: StereoTypwriter, Yard Art Project, Let Lions, City of Ai, Save your Breath, Valicity, Wayfare and Under Red. I love listening to Independent bands and I am strong supporter of Indie Bands, Good or Bad. But now I am done boring you all so yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:35 am
Hi

My name is Jeff. I'm 16 and live near Philadelphia, PA, USA in the suburbs. I play guitar and bass guitar, but I'm mainly a singer (I'm a tenor w00t). I also write music, but I'm really just getting started. I'm trying to put together a band at the moment, but not only do I not know any bass guitarists, I don't know any drummers either sweatdrop (or at least ones that I don't hate). Curse my suburban town that I love so much for being so small!

Anyway my favorite bands (so many... I guess I'll just name my top 3) are Rush, Yes, and The Who. I like most rock & roll, and I like metal (if it's not heavier than Black Sabbath), and alternative, and all that stuff; however, I really don't like a lot of Indie Rock, because personally I find it pathetic.

I also arrange music (well, so far only for my mom and my school choir sweatdrop ), and I use two computer programs really often: Audacity and Sibelius. I love both of them.

Well, that's me inside a very small nutshell, I guess...  

Visba

pianoangie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:27 am
Hi everyone! My name is Angela. I'm 19 years old (as of today...I'm feel really old sad ) I'm from Missouri. I love music! I've always said it was my life (and it is at times), but it's more of something that lifts my spirits up at times. Sometimes, depending on the environment, it can do the complete opposite. But, it still something I love. I have played the clarinet and piano for about 8 years or more. I've come to love piano more than clarinet, though. I make my own piano songs, but I have no idea what to do with them. That's why I'm majoring in Music Performance....in order to do something great with my songs. I play mostly Soul and Piano songs (classical and jazz). I really don't know what to call my music style. It's a mix between a jazzy ballad to R&B style.....even to just a play piano ballad. I also love art. I've drawn for many years, and have drawn many things (anime, still-life, lots of things). I might minor in Studio Art next semester in college. I truly miss being in a drawing class. I tend to be a quiet, pessimistic person around others. But, if I know you well, I get more comfortable...but still probably pessimistic. It's a bad habit. I also care for others deeply. I tend to be sensitive too. I also sing (or at least desire to sing better). I've been in a few choirs in my life. I wish I could take vocal lessons too. Too many choices... cry Well, that's it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:12 pm

Gaia Name: ShotgunMafia

Gear (your guitar, amps ect.) : Squier MB-4 Bass by Fender (Black Metallic Finish), Rogue RB-120BT amp(ohyeah 120watts), ERNIE BALL SuperSlinky Bass Strings 45-65-80-100(custom gauge)

Favorite Music: ...same as I play...
Favorite Guitarists: Jimi Hendrix,Bootsy Collins aka Bootzilla,Stanley Clarke,Stevie Ray Vaughan,Chuck Berry,Jimmy Page,Eric Clapton,B.B.King,Slash,Sam Totman,Angus Young and Richard Z. Kruspe
What you like to play: Funk,Rock,Classic Rock,Blues,and various styles of metal.
Songs you can play: Purple Haze and Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix, and more but I'm still learning every day.
Been to Any Concerts: Na...
When You Started: Since I can remember..54 or 60 years ago..lol

Bio: Laidback,inspired,hippie, that likes to watch anime and movies, play my BASS,video games and basketball,listen to music,eat,sleep,and women oh do I Love women.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

vXv_D_vXv

Grilled Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:33 pm
Greetings, fellow musical peoples! 4laugh I'm Nikki. I'm fourteen, and I play guitar and piano. I sing as well, and I think I'm pretty good, though by no means an extraordinaire of biblical proportions.

Oh, and if whoever read my request happens to see this...I sincerely apologize for the horrible excuse for lyrics that I sent in. It was ten-thirty at night, and I'd just wrote up a little stanza that I thought was just brilliant. It had imagery, and it sort of rhymed, so naturally I deemed it Shakespeare and sent it in. I assure you fervently that I can write decent lyrics, when I put my mind to it.

I'm influenced by a great variety of artists, including Queen, (at this juncture a near-obsession) Green Day, Jethro Tull, Oingo Boingo, Peter Gabriel, Panic at the Disco, The Clash...the list goes on and on.

Really looking forward to hanging here! biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:09 pm
hey, im Glenn. i play bass guitar for a rock band called Odd Man In. we have been playing together for 4 months and are trying to get up and running. i am from south georgia but i am the farthest thing from a country boy. i listen to almost every kind of rock, classic, metal, hair metal, punk. and i think disturbed is in a class of its own.  

Kore124

xxx_Losing_Sanity_xxx

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 pm
Hellos
I'm Kellray
also known as
Kat
I'm 15
I'm not in a band,
but I play
keyboard
pretty well
^_^
My location is somewhere
in Usa
I mostly
listen to techno
and stuff like that
oh and also System of a down
and My chemical romance
I'm not a big fan of country though ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:55 pm
Names whisper I'm from America good old Michigan NOT?! I'm a young artist who writes songs/poem/novels/manga/exc I wish for anothers oppion I'm 14 and I wish I had a band but I 'm just a singer/lyricist who has troubble spelling complicated words
fav music:Rock/some metal/J-pop/r&b?  

xXRayneT-TxX

Claerwyne

Heart Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:30 pm
Hi I'm Addie
I'm from Canada,
I play: piano, violin, flute and I sing. I like all music, including classical but I love almost anything with guitars. I also have a lot of respect for anyone who set up a band, and stuck through with it. Need any musical advice?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:03 pm
Hello. I'm Austin. Born In Canada, Raised in Flagstaff, Arizona. I have been playing guitar for about a year now, I'm not the best but I love playing. I'm 14, and enjoy all kinds of music. I mostly play electric guitar, but prefer acoustic. I am not in a band.  

lensed

i_am_sonic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:45 pm
hi everyone my name is sage i am 16 almost 17. i moved from georgia to new orleans i play guitar,bass,drums and i sing. i started a band called state of amergency. i play all types of metal and clasic rock.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:06 pm
hey. im alec. i play drums for a band and the guitar for fun. im into rock, screamo, alternative, and other stuff like that. music really is my life. pm me if you want to talk biggrin  

c31tic

Awesome Comes Standard

Mega Smoker

8,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:11 am
Hey, I'm John. I'm 18, I live in SoCal, and I'm bassist, main writer, and lead vocalist (if you can call what comes out of my mouth singing >.<) for a band called Cranial Distortion. The band, however, is based in Michigan, so we have some scheduling conflicts. XD

It's possible a second band will be formed in my area for me to play in for the other 10 1/2 months of the year, but roster will definately be filled from friends first. I'm casting ever goes public, however, you guys will be the first to know.

I have some sample songs in my journal, and I'd appreciate comments. Please keep in mind that none of my songs are ever really "final drafts". wink

As for my personal playing styles, I prefer to play funk and punk rock, along with some metal and garage rock. But I dabble in anything.

I'm fairly new, so any advice would be great as well.  
♥ Non-Music Talk

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff